What's new

Nigeria Is Not Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did read the article, and Nigeria is a lot like Afghanistan with a rampant insurgency, incompetent government, rampant corruption, ill-trained military force, etc. Afghanistan is facing indigenous Taliban and Nigeria is facing indigenous Boko Haram. Though Nigeria is better equipped to deal with their insurgency as one their insurgency isn't as severe as Afghanistan's (in spite of NATO's efforts), two they have oil money and don't need to rely on US or NATO donations.

What made you compare Afghanistan with Nigeria after reading this article? now when you are caught doing some marvelous think tank activity here don't derail the topic because Nigeria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen, Chad and many others, equally fall in the same categories you mentioned.

Pakistan getting insulted in international press is the doing of its pathetic leadership. Although the author does make a point in saying that what can Pakistan do for Nigerian energy concerns when it cannot sort out its own bs.

What made you compare Afghanistan with Nigeria after reading this article? now when you are caught doing some marvelous think tank activity here don't derail the topic because Nigeria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen, Chad and many others, equally fall in the same categories you mentioned.

The two countries are quite similar in their present state, that is why. Reading about Nigeria in this article one could have thought you were reading about Afghanistan.

The two countries are quite similar in their present state, that is why. Reading about Nigeria in this article one could have thought you were reading about Afghanistan.

Afghanistan even if fell similar to the present state of Nigeria, isn't discussed in this article the focus is on Pakistan and Nigeria; now if you have anything relevant share it with us.

lol, amazing.

-Porous border is your own fault
-the fact terrorists finds safe haven on your soil is your fault as well,a s you either lack the will or resources to pacify FATA.
-Negotiations were iirc made with Taliban not AQ.
-You got a clean sheet for OBL because you have a road to Afghanistan
-I don't understand ground realities, i don't live there, sure, but i do know a liar when i see one.

Liar pffft. Live here amongst the people you will then realise. Do you know countless people in afghanistan dont know ehat 911 is. They havent visited their capital, they dont know why US invaded their land heck they dont know what fucking planes crashed into what buildings. Yet you call them terrorists. YES US does designate Talibanas terrorists, so there goes the argument of not AQ or "We dont negotiate with Terrorists".
-A clean sheet is what it is, you got no leg to stand upon.
-You cant keep a few Mexicans away from a flat desert border you expect a poor nation to man a 2000km mountainous border with caves literally leading into our territory ( somearound 4-5k deep). We never had an issue with Talibans until you guys fucked it all up.

You'd be surprised if you do read up on the dealings between Taliban pre-99 and US. They were on good/decent graces with each other.

what to say,,,u guys learn nothing from history

Cant reply so you resort to one liners, she-man? Bugger off do not troll on a serious issue.

Liar pffft. Live here amongst the people you will then realise. Do you know countless people in afghanistan dont know ehat 911 is. They havent visited their capital, they dont know why US invaded their land heck they dont know what fucking planes crashed into what buildings. Yet you call them terrorists. YES US does designate Talibanas terrorists, so there goes the argument of not AQ or "We dont negotiate with Terrorists".
-You cant keep a few Mexicans away from a flat desert border you expect a poor nation to man a 2000km mountainous border with caves literally leading into our territory ( somearound 4-5k deep). We never had an issue with Talibans until you guys fucked it all up.

You'd be surprised if you do read up on the dealings between Taliban pre-99 and US. They were on good/decent graces with each other.

Cant reply so you resort to one liners, she-man? Bugger off do not troll on a serious issue.
u have no brains for a serious discussion anyways.
same old propaganda raw,mossad,cia bullshit

Afghanistan even if fell similar to the present state of Nigeria, isn't discussed in this article the focus is on Pakistan and Nigeria; now if you have anything relevant share it with us.

Would have been better if Foreign Policy focused more on Afghanistan and Nigeria and the common struggles those two nations are facing. That would have made a more meaningful article to read.

Thats afghanistan... took this pic at one of our posts..

sg5w0k.jpg

To be honest.. its quiet amusing to see an Afghan post such articles.. very amusing and kinda funny.

For me as well.

Would have been better if Foreign Policy focused more on Afghanistan and Nigeria and the common struggles those two nations are facing. That would have made a more meaningful article to read.

Share your expertise with Foreign Policy journalist @leelajacinto

Leela Jacinto is an award-winning international news reporter at FRANCE 24 specializing in the Middle East and South Asia.

Liar pffft. Live here amongst the people you will then realise. Do you know countless people in afghanistan dont know ehat 911 is. They havent visited their capital, they dont know why US invaded their land heck they dont know what fucking planes crashed into what buildings. Yet you call them terrorists.

Liar was a too strong of a word, i corrected it later, an apologist is much more appropriate. What makes you even more dangerous then a simple liar is the fact you actually believe Pakistan should ally itself with various "good" Taliban all for strategic depth. You do not have the clarity to see where allying with them has brought you in the past.

YES US does designate Talibanas terrorists, so there goes the argument of not AQ or "We dont negotiate with Terrorists".

only Pakistani Taliban aka TTP are designated terrorists, wonder why.......plus their partners, the Haqqani's, based again, how strangely, in Pakistan

The leg will grow miraculously once the majority of ISAF leaves Afghanistan.

Flat desert is easily traversed then high mountains. Texas/Arizona/California also aren't the equivalent of Pakistan as they do not allow people who pass the border illegally to just drown in the crowd like they do in Pakistan.
I'm not American.

I know quite a bit, no worries.

u have no brains for a serious discussion anyways.
same old propaganda raw,mossad,cia bullshit

Where did i quote RAW, where did CIA come from and where in God's green earth did mossad pop in she-man?

Losing your sights too?

Liar was a too strong of a word, i corrected it later, an apologist is much more appropriate. What makes you even more dangerous then a simple liar is the fact you actually believe Pakistan should ally itself with various "good" Taliban all for strategic depth. You do not have the clarity to see where allying with them has brought you in the past.

See this is what you do not understand. Good Taliban is not an opportunity but a requirement. The Talibans wont vanish to wherever. They are here to stay, so make friends with that do our bidding and not with those who dont. We have to live with these people as our neighbours. So for now strategic depth has been completely trashed. It's all about Pakistan's interest now. Allying with them was the only option. You see America just packed up and left when done with communist Afghan. We were to deal with these bickering idiots who will kill each other for a stone if it hurt their ego.

The borded isnt sealable, the people are the same ethnicity as a province of ours, they took our help. So we sided with them and allied to stop the mounting cross border attacks in the early 90's.

only Pakistani Taliban aka TTP are designated terrorists, wonder why.......plus their partners, the Haqqani's, based again, how strangely, in Pakistan

Haqqanis are the lifeblood of Afghan Taliban, you can classify them as terrorist, the same thing arises your interests are not same as ours. We have to live with them. Believe me if it were possible to lift Afghanistan and throw it in the middle of US, I would. And Pakistan would have been a peaceful place. Some of the issues were our faults but the reality is grim. Not a rosy as peachy as you make it sound.

The leg will grow miraculously once the majority of ISAF leaves Afghanistan.

As long as we border Afg we will be an ally. ISAF is gonna be in here for a long time.

[quote/
Flat desert is easily traversed then high mountains. Texas/Arizona/California also aren't the equivalent of Pakistan as they do not allow people who pass the border illegally to just drown in the crowd like they do in Pakistan.
I'm not American.
[/quote]

Then you do realise the complexities of centuries old tribals come into play on the border. No one can stroll in, but it is not a 100%. Heck we dont want Afghanis ask any Pakistani.

Last edited:
See this is what you do not understand. Good Taliban is not an opportunity but a requirement. The Talibans wont vanish to wherever. They are here to stay, so make friends with that do our bidding and not with those who dont. We have to live with these people as our neighbours. So for now strategic depth has been completely trashed. It's all about Pakistan's interest now. Allying with them was the only option. You see America just packed up and left when done with communist Afghan. We were to deal with these bickering idiots who will kill each other for a stone if it hurt their ego.

Strategic depth is Pakistan's interest. And the ones who do your bidding, they do it only because you are not competent or able to eradicate their power base in FATA. ie. people that shelter them

You made this little deal that goes like this, we will give you hands free in FATA if you can guarantee that when shit hits the fan with India our troops will be able to pull back to Afghanistan or the areas in Afghanistan under control by them, the "good" Taliban.

And Pakistan would have been a peaceful place.

Really? There's no suspicious calls for a final showdown with the seculars coming from the red mosque in islamabad? Balochistan?

As long as we border Afg we will be an ally. ISAF is gonna be in here for a long time.

Not necessarily. Relations with Iran seem to be steadily improving.

Then you do realise the complexities of centuries old tribals come into play on the border. No one can stroll in, but it is not a 100%. Heck we dont want Afghanis ask any Pakistani.

They don't want you either, but you want your (their) depth.

I dont have the time to get into this meaningless debate. You be happy with your assumptions. I cant be bothered. If you think strategic depth is still alive then i wash my hands.

lol...it's like inviting a chicken thief into a hen house.

The only one deluded here is you. You can't (won't) even sort out your own house.

I think our house is doing fine, once Taliban collaborators leave Afghanistan that will be the end of Pakistani Talibans. As we see it now most of Taliban Collaborators have given up supporting Talibans because of their inability to do bigger damages and to create chaos. If Taliban are tough we are the same people, we dont accept defeat easily, no one scares us to submission.
Talibans see the writing on the wall they see their end coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom