What's new

Next DG ISI

To keep things impartial. It's been the tradition since the inception of ISI.

Most of the Directors are Army, while the ISI was created to promote Intel sharing between the Army, Air Force, and Navy.

I understand the Military's desire to keep the vast machine within it's grasps so a civilian is out of the question, but how do the other 2 branches fit in there has to be animosity.

Most of the Directors are Army, while the ISI was created to promote Intel sharing between the Army, Air Force, and Navy.

I understand the Military's desire to keep the vast machine within it's grasps so a civilian is out of the question, but how do the other 2 branches fit in there has to be animosity.

Roles have been changed. Air Force Intelligence, Navy Intelligence are subordinate to Military Intelligence. ISI role is mainly of foreign and Counter Intel.

ISI press department is mostly handled by a Navy admiral.

Novice Question: Why not promote from within the ISI?
Bratva answered it well --- i will add that one needs to bring in vast experience, past experience in isi is just one of the requirements, looking at the history of previous appointments then pasha sb was ddg isi and DG MO, same goes for Kiani, Zaheer sb was corps commander - so vast field experience - analytical and Strategic thinking, decision making - something that one gains at the post of corps commander , or DG MO

Mostly because of how things are run in Military - the leadership traits they possess, and field experience -- hence they are chisen, as they can contribute in strategy planning, and handling under stress---

Back
Top Bottom