What's new

Next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

Who will be the next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup and being posted as cls in an indicator! Isnt it? Sidelined!! no cls has ever been promoted further.The post cant be taken too seriously. You want a person who got sacked from "command" after a year to command the 6th largest army of the world? Doesnt make sense to me. Dont know how u people come with all this.

Am not comparing, it's you who is comparing two general officers. Amazingly the person who is comparing two general officers considers logistics as truck supplies.
I don't say who is better cause once some one rises to this level means the officer has all the abilities to be Army Chief. Fortunately COAS is not an elected post, someone has right to select and surely he will exercise his right. For me there is no issue if it is Haroon, Rashid, Raheel or Tariq but if seniority is given precedence that would be better. 

I hope you know who is General Tariq Khan and which family he belongs to. Nawaz Sharif had bad experience cause he selected the third person who had no politically strong family by superseding two senior generals who belonged to politically strong families. Surely General Musharraf was not son of Nawab of Tank.

Dont know! Take a wild guess. Wat has number of posts got to do with anything? Dont know y u r here in the first place

quote="alibaz, post: 4932365, member: 7009"]Suddenly why some people with very few post have started supporting one officer and degrading others. Supporting or liking someone is good but degrading someone is alarming.[/quote]

I have been reading you posts for quite sometime and i joined the forum yesterday, i have noticed that you are targeting one person.

Who is the target. 
Thank You for clearing it out

This is exactly what i have been trying to say. Networking works in PA just like in any other organization. All 5 of the Officers short listed are exceptional officers having served at very important and strategic posts.

Very right sir

Last edited:
Am not comparing, it's you who is comparing two general officers. Amazingly the person who is comparing two general officers considers logistics as truck supplies.
I don't say who is better cause once some one rises to this level means the officer has all the abilities to be Army Chief. Fortunately COAS is not an elected post, someone has right to select and surely he will exercise his right. For me there is no issue if it is Haroon, Rashid, Raheel or Tariq but if seniority is given precedence that would be better. 

I hope you know who is General Tariq Khan and which family he belongs to. Nawaz Sharif had bad experience cause he selected the third person who had no politically strong family by superseding two senior generals who belonged to politically strong families. Surely General Musharraf was not son of Nawab of Tank.
Nawab of Tank ( Waziristan) you are right and the problem lies there so you said it youself directly or indirectly, Right man for Right Job. LOL

with NS, expect the decision to be based on average advise of his advisors which include the bumbling ch. nisar.- what is really required is a 'road less travelled' type of decision because we are in a state of war and with fazlullah heading TTP it becomes 'enemy no-1 of the armed forces' - forget peace talks. now the army has to go in NWA.

with NS, expect the decision to be based on average advise of his advisors which include the bumbling ch. nisar.- what is really required is a 'road less travelled' type of decision because we are in a state of war and with fazlullah heading TTP it becomes 'enemy no-1 of the armed forces' - forget peace talks. now the army has to go in NWA.

CLICK THIS LINK: The War Rages On ‹ Newsweek Pakistan

Suddenly why some people with very few post have started supporting one officer and degrading others. Supporting or liking someone is good but degrading someone is alarming.
Mr Baz this country belong to the young generataion of Pakistan some people with very few posts are silent readers they come up when they see people with many posts are misleading the forum. Alarming is when people write without knowing that facts .

Very right fair lady! Agreed!

te="Fair lady, post: 4934035, member: 150959"]Mr Baz this country belong to the young generataion of Pakistan some people with very few posts are silent readers they come up when they see people with many posts are misleading the forum. Alarming is when people write without knowing that facts .[/quote] 
We need an honest brave professional general!

We, as a Nation construe facts to our liking, we place our personal preferences above all, even the interests of our motherland, Pakistan. Perhaps this is one of the reasons we are in such a state; we only work for our personal interests, we must rise above these interests and think about what is best for Pakistan.

There are no two opinions about the fact that the Taliban issue needs to be resolved; if we want our families and future generations to lead a free life in this country. I do not agree that our belief in Islam is any less than that of the Talibans and they have no authority to declare this!

With all due respect to the force, SSG is intended for very important but SMALL scale operations involving a small group of people. We need someone who can lead, motivate and protect the entire Military force against these outlaws that control a vast area of our country and are also striving to infiltrate the Army in the name of religion.

Only General Tariq Khan has had the remarkable achievement of keeping the forces under his command intact and motivated during a massive and successful operation against the Militants in Bunner District, at that very time another parallel Commander failed to show this strength and had to be replaced.

No General in the history has ever sold this country to the Americans, its always been the Politicians! But sadly our media lies to an extent that it distorts history. A very recent example of this is the Lal Masjid Case.

John Adams's once said: "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

Just some food for thought!

Now this is something very strange.. How come ppl who hav just joined the forum with 1 or 2 posts...are ALL suddenly coming to support General Tariq khan and defame Gen Haroon particularly? While, no one here doubts about the capabilities of Gen Tariq khan and mostly all here have appreciated him a lot...i do find this suspicious tht a group of new members who hv just joined...come here automatically , and tht too, all at the same time now..together...to support Gen Tariq khan(nothing wrong with tht), but with a particular emphasis on defaming General Haroon.. Theres a same pattern in all new member's posts... Is it some sort of a campaign against Gen Haroon or what?

Now this is something very strange.. How come ppl who hav just joined the forum with 1 or 2 posts...are ALL suddenly coming to support General Tariq khan and defame Gen Haroon particularly? While, no one here doubts about the capabilities of Gen Tariq khan and mostly all here have appreciated him a lot...i do find this suspicious tht a group of new members who hv just joined...come here automatically , and tht too, all at the same time now..together...to support Gen Tariq khan(nothing wrong with tht), but with a particular emphasis on defaming General Haroon.. Theres a same pattern in all new member's posts... Is it some sort of a campaign against Gen Haroon or what?
Reality always hurts then people start thinking negative, blaming games, campaign etc.

No need to defame.Its just the truth. Few posts doesnt make sense, this forum doesnt belong to you.

@ Farhan Sohail

Facts my friend, just simple hard hitting facts...

It is a fact that the SSG is intended for small scale operations and is not intended for a cleanup operation against these outlaws (I prefer using the word outlaws over their brand name "Taliban").

I wonder how you've construed this simple fact towards defaming someone!

This decision concerns the life of every Pakistani, while we have no authority over it we have the right to speak freely...

Obviously...everyone has the right to express their opinion.. I am no one to challenge it...but where were all of you ..till few days ago? How have all of u come, all of a sudden, TOGETHER , to say exactly the same thing?

Obviously...everyone has the right to express their opinion.. I am no one to challenge it...but where were all of you ..till few days ago? How have all of u come, all of a sudden, TOGETHER , to say exactly the same thing?
Check the comment after you have commented i think (RazPak) is quite an old member and he says the same (General Tariq Khan). All Pakistani nation is against (TTP) TOGETHER so they say exactly the same thing. Stand up and say he is the right man for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom