What's new

Next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

Who will be the next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that General Haroon was born in SSG and had been conducting raids and ambushes with few men throughout his service and now from SSG he has become CLS. Sir he had done courses, remained on command and staff appointments in infantry regiments, brigades , division and corps, which any officer can think of. If he has served in SSG for few years doesn't mean he doesn't have experience of planning and execution of standard operations. If you want to see TK as COAS then I can understand your point but please don't undermine capabilities and potentials all 4/5 generals in the run rest assure they all are very fine officers and have full potential to command this army. PM has prerogative to select any one out of three names forwarded in panel or send back the list for another panel. What if a General Kiyani sends panel of first three senior most ( gen Haroon, gen Rashid and gen raheel) :azn:

General Kiyani is a wise man so we expect a wise decision from him, about General Haroon after is achievements (according to you), why was he sent to EERA and then he was sent to cmnd a corp in bahawalpur and within a year he was made head of logistics, does that make any sense .

I don't think that General Haroon was born in SSG and had been conducting raids and ambushes with few men throughout his service and now from SSG he has become CLS. Sir he had done courses, remained on command and staff appointments in infantry regiments, brigades , division and corps, which any officer can think of. If he has served in SSG for few years doesn't mean he doesn't have experience of planning and execution of standard operations. If you want to see TK as COAS then I can understand your point but please don't undermine capabilities and potentials all 4/5 generals in the run rest assure they all are very fine officers and have full potential to command this army. PM has prerogative to select any one out of three names forwarded in panel or send back the list for another panel. What if a General Kiyani sends panel of first three senior most ( gen Haroon, gen Rashid and gen raheel) :azn:

My point is that we dont want mr chief transporter to
Run this army. Not at this time. The country cant afford it.

My point is that we dont want mr chief transporter to
Run this army. Not at this time. The country cant afford it.

Mr strongman logistics plays a vital role, without logistics foot soldiers , tankers and gunners would be of no use, no matter how got weapons they have, brave and competent they are. He is a soldier not a transporter and better learn what all logistics is?

Last edited:
General Kiyani is a wise man so we expect a wise decision from him, about General Haroon after is achievements (according to you), why was he sent to EERA and then he was sent to cmnd a corp in bahawalpur and within a year he was made head of logistics, does that make any sense .

This shows he has variety of experience, going by your logic why General Tariq has never been given staff ever since he was promoted to Major General. Was he incompetent to plan and manage things. Once someone is Major General he commands a Division and once he goes as DG MO he plan for whole army, similar case is for lt gen. Bottom line is there is some one who has the authority to select someone out of the panel and non of officers being considered lacks abilities. Army chief is not elected democratically through vote.

Mr strongman logistics plays a vital role, without logistics foot soldiers , tankers and gunners would be of no use, no matter how got weapons they have, brave and competent they are. He is a soldier not a transporter and better learn what all logistics is?
Haha to me he looks like a transporter, otherwise he would have been posted some where better.

The army couldnt afford another screw up in battle. So that is why while other Lt. Generals sat and made epic plans in Rwl pindi, Lt. General Tariq khan was sent to fight A war rather than make more plans as staff. The only general to have been given 6 consecutive commands and have participated in over 50 kinectic operations. No need for more staff. As staff college, war college and instructor war college are more than enough for staff. All operations managed by him were also won by him, so was competant enough. Would u rather support a person who was trying to come up with a successful plan?

This shows he has variety of experience, going by your logic why General Tariq has never been given staff ever since he was promoted to Major General. Was he incompetent to plan and manage things. Once someone is Major General he commands a Division and once he goes as DG MO he plan for whole army, similar case is for lt gen. Bottom line is there is some one who has the authority to select someone out of the panel and non of officers being considered lacks abilities. Army chief is not elected democratically through vote.

Haha to me he looks like a transporter, otherwise he would have been posted some where better.
The army couldnt afford another screw up in battle. So that is why while other Lt. Generals sat and made epic plans in Rwl pindi, Lt. General Tariq khan was sent to fight A war rather than make more plans as staff. The only general to have been given 6 consecutive commands and have participated in over 50 kinectic operations. No need for more staff. As staff college, war college and instructor war college are more than enough for staff. All operations managed by him were also won by him, so was competant enough. Would u rather support a person who was trying to come up with a successful plan?

Im sure it does! Just like the Nato truck supplier chief plays a pivotal role in the afghan/ american battle.

No match to General Tariq Khan you know that yourself and whole the army knows. who cares about staff when we are in war type situation. SWORD OF HONER, ALWAYS HAVE BEEN ON COMMAND, LEGION OF MERIT, ETC.

Im sure it does! Just like the Nato truck supplier chief plays a pivotal role in the afghan/ american battle.
Pakistan army needs General Tariq Khan. 

General Haroon political man and political family influence, Nawaz Sharif had a lot of bad experince from politically backed people so he also needs someone like General Tariq Khan who can just stick to army and to handle war situation in the country.

Last edited:

Am not comparing, it's you who is comparing two general officers. Amazingly the person who is comparing two general officers considers logistics as truck supplies.
I don't say who is better cause once some one rises to this level means the officer has all the abilities to be Army Chief. Fortunately COAS is not an elected post, someone has right to select and surely he will exercise his right. For me there is no issue if it is Haroon, Rashid, Raheel or Tariq but if seniority is given precedence that would be better. 
Pakistan army needs General Tariq Khan. 

General Haroon political man and political family influence, Nawaz Sharif had a lot of bad experince from politically backed people so he also needs someone like General Tariq Khan who can just stick to army and to handle war situation in the country.

I hope you know who is General Tariq Khan and which family he belongs to. Nawaz Sharif had bad experience cause he selected the third person who had no politically strong family by superseding two senior generals who belonged to politically strong families. Surely General Musharraf was not son of Nawab of Tank.

Last edited:
Suddenly why some people with very few post have started supporting one officer and degrading others. Supporting or liking someone is good but degrading someone is alarming.

up to the rank of Brig, its through the promotions board and mostly on merit. at this stage all the laggards are weeded out, leaving the 'cream' to then be selected upwards. having said that all 2-star and 3-star officers dont come up to the expectations - only a few do. having said that, all promotions to 2-star and above are based on merit but also on 'networking', key posts held, likes and dislikes.

Thank You for clearing it out

This is exactly what i have been trying to say. Networking works in PA just like in any other organization. All 5 of the Officers short listed are exceptional officers having served at very important and strategic posts.

Am not comparing, it's you who is comparing two general officers. Amazingly the person who is comparing two general officers considers logistics as truck supplies.
I don't say who is better cause once some one rises to this level means the officer has all the abilities to be Army Chief. Fortunately COAS is not an elected post, someone has right to select and surely he will exercise his right. For me there is no issue if it is Haroon, Rashid, Raheel or Tariq but if seniority is given precedence that would be better. 

I hope you know who is General Tariq Khan and which family he belongs to. Nawaz Sharif had bad experience cause he selected the third person who had no politically strong family by superseding two senior generals who belonged to politically strong families. Surely General Musharraf was not son of Nawab of Tank.
I have been reading you posts for quite sometime and i joined the forum yesterday, i have noticed that you are targeting one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom