What's new

Next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

Who will be the next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... now Shireen Mazari on twitter says tht some Western diplomats in Islamabd, claiming tht they already know who will be the next COAS

Ahmed Quraishi ‏@AQpk

Strongly hope PM #NawazSharif will refrain from playing games around issue of appointing new #Pakistan Army chief. Sincerely hope so.

Shireen Mazari ‏@ShireenMazari1

@AQpk Too late! Game already on! More shameful some Western envoys in Isl telling media they already know who is going to be the new COAS!

I think General Haroon and Gen Tariq gives a feeling for bold Commanders A leader who leads from front.

Had this commando been a real commando he would not have been sitting in ERRA and as CLS, i would certainly think that he is not the chief's choice because of his current post, it is an indicator! Isnt it? Relax guys! The peochar operation has also been milked for more than its money's worth. Take it easy he aint coming!!

1.Supposing NS follows Hasina or Bush Jr in bringing out some one from the retired lot? For instance Hasina had appointed Mustafiz as BA Chief bringing him in from LPR. The US Army had a Chief brought back from retirement.

2. In that case Gen Zia could be re-installed as PA Chief. Or he could be given the task to organize a Pentagon type of armed forces HQ. Obviously NS would be negative to anyone who had been favored by Mush.

1381553_545312058873395_926717366_n.jpg

Lt. General Khan is reputed in the army circles as blunt and rash, which has some truth, but he also is a man of action and knows his enemies well. He seems to be a pragmatic choice to head a fighting army over other choices that may have been acceptable in a peacetime transition. Being a soldier to the core, he may assert in military strategy and operational matters but is likely to keep away from politics. Besides, if chosen, he will leave behind his legacy by choosing bright officers in the army’s top hierarchy.

It was Lt. General Khan who convinced the GHQ, Headquarters 11 Corps and Governor House KP to allow the newly elected ANP leadership to try out the option of dialogue with the Malakand Division Taliban. He already had conveyed that the dialogue would never succeed but let the newly elected ANP government get a moral victory and also show the real face of the terrorists to the public, who were still in doubt about the real motives of the Taliban. History proved that it was the best decision of the then political leadership of KP. Then during the conduct of military operations in Swat, Bajaur, South Waziristan, Dir, Buner , Mohmand, Orakzai, Kurram and Hangu district, he proved to be the binding factor among the Governor House KP, CM House KP, Headquarters 11 Corps, Police and Frontier Constabulary.

Keeping the present situation in mind the best option is to promote the general from KP/FATA, which is the centre of Taliban activities and from where most of their activities are generated throughout the length and breadth of the country. Lt general Tariq Khan!!!!

How about Haroon Aslam as CJCSC and Tariq Khan as COAS...........Killer combination!!!!....... but i know that won't happen...

Tariq Khan thek hai, clean shave hai... baki tou daronay hi bohat hain :P

*Lt. General Khan has delivered in counter-insurgency operations as General Officer Commanding, 14 Division in Wana (South Waziristan) and has served as Inspector General Frontier Constabulary (IGFC) in KP until 2010. As such, he has an active, first-hand command and combat engagement history with the Taliban for at least six years. Being a local, he fully understands the dynamics of the insurgency areas, local culture and the psyche of the so-called Taliban. Whether fighting them out or bringing them to the table for a peace deal, he could be a better option. He is currently heading Pakistan’s Strike Corps, i.e. Mangla, which also gives him the added advantage to deal with the threat from the eastern borders.

p.s.

waise Amreeka say order aye ga tabhi COAS lagay ga naya !! :rolleyes:

1.Supposing NS follows Hasina or Bush Jr in bringing out some one from the retired lot? For instance Hasina had appointed Mustafiz as BA Chief bringing him in from LPR. The US Army had a Chief brought back from retirement.

2. In that case Gen Zia could be re-installed as PA Chief. Or he could be given the task to organize a Pentagon type of armed forces HQ. Obviously NS would be negative to anyone who had been favored by Mush.

fixing the past, it might be General Zia ul deen butt :laugh:

Lieutenant General Tariq Khan is from 55th PMA course and commissioned in April 1977. He was best cadet winning coveted Sword of Honor. He is currently commanding Mangla based I strike corps. He is a Pushtun cavalry officer and his father was also a cavalry officer. Tariq is from an aristocratic family and from the breed that didn’t join army for a secure job. After a brief stint of commanding an armored division, he first commanded infantry division in Waziristan and later as Inspector General Frontier Corps (IGFC) transformed a shattered FC. In my view, he is the only officer among the contenders who has the qualifications for leading the army in the coming turbulent three years. He is head and shoulders above his peers. His straight forward and professional approach is sometimes construed as ‘hard headed’. He has earned the nick name of ‘bulldozer’ for nothing. I don’t know any other officer who has so much red ink in his file and that he made it so far is only due to his professional competence which even his detractors admit. He was one of only two major generals highly regarded by Kayani for their professional competence (the other being Ahmad Shuja Pasha).

Some label him as ‘rash’ and ‘pro-American’. I can understand why some label him as ‘rash’. Tariq is frank to the point of bluntness and not hesitant to speak his mind which invariably results in some friction. He is a hard task master and in operations, he took decisions and many times clashed with his seniors while as Corps Commander he is training his formation hard. In time of war, I’ll pick a so-called ‘rash’ officer anytime compared to someone who was busy opening restaurants and bakeries in cantonment or planning for expansion of defense housing schemes. Some consider Tariq as ‘pro-American’ and I think this is due to his views about militancy. He was one of the few senior officers who comprehended right from the beginning that menace of militancy is an existential threat to Pakistan. It took several years for General Head Quarters (GHQ) to get this point. He was at the forefront of many operations against militants. He commanded an infantry division in South Waziristan and later as IGFC, he transformed a demoralized and broken formation into a credible fighting force. U.S. provided funds for FC modernization and a handful of U.S. Special Forces soldiers provided limited training in some special skills. This very limited interaction is exaggerated due to lack of information. In the last ten years, in addition to FC, Washington also supported intelligence agencies in technical matters as well as Pakistan’s Special Forces. In view of deteriorating relations in the last two years, most of these relations have been terminated.

After all I have real of Gen Tariq Khan..I respect him
SheR Ka Bachha.

He should be the next COAS.

Next Army chief must be from Army .

Lt.Gen Rashid

ﻧﯿﺎ ﺳﭙﺎﮦ ﺳﺎﻻﺭ !!
ﺍﻧﮑﮯ ﺑﺎﺭﮮ ﻣﯿﮟ ﮐﮩﺎ ﺟﺎﺗﺎ ﮨﮯ ﮐﮧ ﻧﮩﺎﯾﺖ ﺳﺨﺖ ﮔﯿﺮ
ﮨﯿﮟ ۔۔۔۔۔۔
ﻭﺍﺩﯼ ﺳﻮﺍﺕ ﻣﯿﮟ ﺩﮨﺸﺖ ﮔﺮﺩﻭﮞ ﮐﮯ ﺧﻼﻑ ﮐﺎﻣﯿﺎﺏ ﺗﺮﯾﻦ
ﺁﭘﺮﯾﺸﻦ ﮐﯿﺎ ۔
ﺁﭘﺮﯾﺸﻦ ﮐﮯ ﺷﺮﻭﻉ ﻣﯿﮟ ﺩﮨﺸﺖ ﮔﺮﺩﻭﮞ ﮐﮯ ﺯﯾﺮ ﮐﻨﭩﺮﻭﻝ
ﻋﻼﻗﮯ ﻣﯿﮟ ﺍﺗﺮﻧﮯ ﮐﮯ ﻟﯿﮯ ﺟﮩﺎﺯ ﺳﮯ ﭘﮩﻠﯽ ﭼﮭﻼﻧﮓ ﺧﻮﺩ