What's new

Next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

Who will be the next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They all are a soldier's general till they are a Lt gen, but once they become COAS, its a totally different general.

Our bad luck is, that in majority of cases and especially in times like today, the US selects our COAS.

This is our biggest misfortune. Sir how and why do army accepts these decisions..... and doesn't this gave hostile feeling to the junior ranks.... and most important of all isn't this an indicator of merit in promotions in army?

They all are a soldier's general till they are a Lt gen, but once they become COAS, its a totally different general.

Our bad luck is, that in majority of cases and especially in times like today, the US selects our COAS.

But wrrora, I can understand that the Army is built around the concept of 'discipline' but if that were true how can the Corp Commanders & other Generals of note within the Army not exert back keh bhai yeh kiyaaa Amreekiyoon kaaa Pitthooo COAS lagaaa diyaaa haiii ?

I think morals are equally important along with his professional competence..Your strong/weak morals influence your overall personality and decision making. We have had bad experiences with COAS who had loose moral characters in war..(case in point.....Gen Yahya khan...in particular)

As long as he puts Pakistan before anything else - I couldn't care less if he drinks himself to sleep every evening !

Latest IMF deals and the bombs of electricity and fuel prices are an indication to that.

I believe in one thing..... this will not continue for long .... they have done this... but now they will have to deliver in someway which benefits the common man..... otherwise I have a feeling that Nawaz will not complete his term...because now people are being pushed to their limits.... and the last thing to expect from them would be..... Democracy go to HELL!!

Well, according to PDF Gen. Haroon Aslam is going to become the next COAS. Now we wait and see.

This is our biggest misfortune. Sir how and why do army accepts these decisions..... and doesn't this gave hostile feeling to the junior ranks.... and most important of all isn't this an indicator of merit in promotions in army?

But wrrora, I can understand that the Army is built around the concept of 'discipline' but if that were true how can the Corp Commanders & other Generals of note within the Army not exert back keh bhai yeh kiyaaa Amreekiyoon kaaa Pitthooo COAS lagaaa diyaaa haiii ?

As long as he puts Pakistan before anything else - I couldn't care less if he drinks himself to sleep every evening !

If the lower ranks / generals do a revolt or something like that, it will break down the system / discipline will go down the drain and it will be chaos, complete breakdown of the machinery. Thus they keep on following, plus they won't loose their benefits in case they are caught doing any conspiracy.

@Xeric - Huzzzoor what about your opinion about all of this ? :unsure:
Actually we dont care. There is functional political govt, it's there prerogative, i am sure they will chose the right man. i personally think that the appointment would on the basis of seniority.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the lower ranks / generals do a revolt or something like that, it will break down the system / discipline will go down the drain and it will be chaos, complete breakdown of the machinery. Thus they keep on following, plus they won't loose their benefits in case they are caught doing any conspiracy.
For What I have heard and Saw is that the Command chain is so good a coup led by a junior General is virtualy impossible within the Army!

I sincerely hope General Tariq Khan gets the Job!

8th october is crucial . On this day, Name of COAS and Joint chief of staff will be simultaneously announced by Prime minister

As said, Kiyani is in no mood to see Gen Aslam become COAS. He has been pushing that agenda for a long time, he had been planning this for quiet sometime. He wants Gen Rashid to get the seat.

With nomination of Gen Aslam for the CJCSC, and hopefully with American pressure or order when Nawaz was in US, Aslam may get the seat and then it will be seen who becomes COAS.

Gen Aslam was deliberately posted as CLS, Kiyani especially kept that post vacant for quiet sometime so that once Gen Aslam completes his tenure as Corps Commander, Kiyani would sideline him from the main stream by sending him to that less important CLS post. I don't know much of the inner things in detail, but major difference between the two is thinking on certain factors which are currently happening. Gen haroon does not wants to follow the steps which Kiyani had been doing since last 3 years, he wanna take a different approach which is not what Kiyani followed after being ordered by the US. Gen Aslam is one of the most competent officers currently serving, he is a thorough gentleman, with good moral / ethical personality. Gen Rashid is somewhat loose on the moral side, just like how Musharaf used to be. I hope you know what i am talking about.

One of the things which may cost Gen Haroon the COAS seat is his not so pro-american approach. That is why he may be made the CJCSC, thus he will get a useless / ceremonial post which will give him no power to change things or head the Pak Army.

No COAS will be made who doesn't mostly tows the line which the USofA wants him to tow.

You are right. General Rashid has high chances of becoming COAS and your account also corroborates with media reports.

1101977755-1.gif

and what Ameirca wants and the way Nawaz sharif thinking to do what America wants

1101976670-1.gif

1862.gif

Actually we dont care. There is functional political govt, it's there prerogative, i am sure they will chose the right man. i personally think that the appointment would on the basis of seniority.

functional? you must be joking..the only functional thing about these bozo's is their insatiable lust for loot and and their inhuman treatment of all not of their clan. ....they came to power by rigging the elections; they amended the constitution to permit crooks to be appointed-witness the tussle over the NAM chief's appointment----they have not done one meanigful thing in 120 days----no meanignful lawas--they have sold the country to IMF diktats--see if you army types can afford dal on table let alone beef-----they seek to destroy any remaining autonomy and patriotism in the forces and bureaucracy and make them mushikhanas like their chief munshi ishaq [or should I say ashiq {of ganjas}] dar........they are enemies of pakistan and islam-----may they and their like rot in the deepest pit of hell along with pervez musharaf who put them their-----

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom