What's new

Next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

Who will be the next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rashad Mahmood for sure.
Though Tariq Khan and Haroon Aslam are better options but Rashad Mahmood is close to COAS and PML N.

All have the strong points, in my humble opinion it should be TK he is from the area, where the main insurgency is talking place, his insight is priceless.

Samaa news is reporting:

Staff Report

RAWALPINDI: Lt-Gen Haroon Aslam is most likely to be appointed as Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) after incumbent General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani retires in November this year.

According to sources, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has been advised by his close aides not to ignore seniority for the appointment of next army chief.

Gen Kayani’s term will expire on November 28.

In additional, Admiral Asif Sandhela will replace Chairman Joint chiefs General Khalid Shamim Wayne who is retiring on October 6. – SAMAA

Also, Dr Shahid Masood has updated on his twitter account tht Lt Gen Haroon Aslam will be the next COAS of Pakistan

1239457_528899683847966_936918869_n.jpg

He led the most successful military operations during swat operations and in other regions, responsible for the largest heli assault operation in history of Pakistan, he was previously commanding Bahawalpur Corps, and he is left the senior most after the first 3 retire.

"Top sources reveal that by October this year, Lt Gen Muhammad Haroon Aslam would be on top of the seniority list of three-star generals. Lt Gen Haroon Aslam is also a commando and he had served in the Military Operations Directorate and with his new appointment as the CLS after serving as corps commander, he would be ready for promotion as a four-star general."

Major reshuffle in military hierarchy - thenews.com.pk

So his chances are good, either as Chief or may be CJCSC provided no one from navy or airforce is brought in.

Most members are saying that performance of tariq khan is greater than any general but you are not agreeing with them. It seems you dont want the members thinking that you are favouring general tariq khan because of his ethnicity so chose the second best.

Honestly? Anyone is fine, as long as they don't get any ideas of leading a nation.

I am not in favor of Tariq, as he is a very pro american general, you can say in a way an american stooge, i don't have any positive for him.

Gen haroon is more favorable, he has been in this war, he fought it on the front line with his troops, whatever experience Tariq has, i believe Gen Haroon has no less.

And how exactly is general haroon anti-american? Thats not a good excuse as entire army has been pro-american from general gracey to kayani. The entire war on terror is assissted and funded by america, tariq khan becharay ka kya qasoor hey?
I have read that tariq khan is popular among jawans, has led operations in FATA and has revolutionized FC yet you are saying big no to him?
Swat operation was piece of cake, abruptly ended, its experience can not be compared with experience in FATA. Moreover you need a pashtun general to tackle war on terror in pashtun belt, only a pashtun mind can effectively and properly assess the complex islamist insurgency which is led by those who grow up in same society and culture as tariq khan.

I would go with Tariq Khan he is very popular amongst the Jawans and it is about time we have a soldier's soldier lead the army. Though I think that the PML-N will go for a man more tamable and loyal to them.

ISLAMABAD: With Pakistan's powerful army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani's term coming to an end in November, names of top generals who are likely to succeed him are being discussed in the political circles and in the corridors of power.

The appointment of the next army chief has gained wide attention in view of past difficulties faced by civilian governments in appointing persons to the coveted post. Another key post, which is the post of the Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) will fall vacant next month and analysts feel that this would have a bearing on who becomes the next chief.

A number of names are in circulation for the chief 's post and leading the race seems to be Lt Gen Haroon Aslam, currently Chief of Logistics Staff. He will be the senior most General when Kayani steps down. He has served as Director Military Operations, commanded Elite Force Division and had been Corps Commander of Bahawalpur. However, some analysts say he is likely to be made the CJCSC and a final name could be a surprise.
Race begins for new army chief in Pakistan - The Times of India

All the 5 candidates are very professional and experienced.

Fact remains that Lt. Gen Rashad Mehmood, one of the very few corp commanders who has commanded the 4th corp for almost 3.5 years. The rest come and go after an year or so. And its no secret that he has been a good friend with Shareef's. Hence we have a winner I suppose.

All the 5 candidates are very professional and experienced.

Fact remains that Lt. Gen Rashad Mehmood, one of the very few corp commanders who has commanded the 4th corp for almost 3.5 years. The rest come and go after an year or so. And its no secret that he has been a good friend with Shareef's. Hence we have a winner I suppose.

Agreed with your first line
Don't forget General Tariq has always been on command ever since he promoted to the Rank of Major General which was all in war zone . He is continuously commanding a corps since his promotion to present rank. He and general Haroon have set examples to lead their troops from the front in war zones and am sure others would also have set same example if had the oppertunity, therefore there is hardly any difference amongst these very fine officers. Anyone who rises to this rank has all the potentials to command army. I wish concept of seniority should prevail here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom