What's new

Next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

Who will be the next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gen Rashad Mahmood (CGS) will be the next COAS.

Google-Image-Result-for-http-ih.constantcontact.com-fs140-1109036817234-img-2233.jpg-3Fa-3D1112831357432.png

3- Lt General Raheel Sharif: Third in the seniority list post October retirements, Lt General Raheel Sharif is younger brother of Nishan-i-Haider Major Shabbir Sharif Shaheed.

Promoted as a Lt General in October 2010, he was first entrusted to command the Gujranwala Corps and later appointed as Inspector General Weapons, Training and Evaluation. As a two star general, he commanded the 11th division in Lahore and was later posted as Commandant Pakistan Military Academy Kakul.

It was a surprise for some when Major General Raheel Sharif was promoted as a three star general as it was thought he had already reached the peak of his career.

However, some sources say, Lt General Raheel Sharif is known to Lt General (retired) Abdul Qadir Baloch, a close confidante of PM Nawaz Sharif. If the PM consults his cabinet for the suggestions, Lt General (retd) Abdul Qadir Baloch is said to be favourable to an officer who served under him and is known as a simple career officer.

However, this relationship would not be given much weight when the PM takes the final decision based on considerations of merit, professional competence and dynamism to tackle the challenges of militancy and withdrawal of international forces from Afghanistan. He is expected to retire in October 2014.

Selection should not be due to relationship with Nishan-i-Haider Major Shabbir Sharif Shaheed. Rather it should be based upon his own Experience and Achievements in the Army

Selection should not be due to relationship with Nishan-i-Haider Major Shabbir Sharif Shaheed. Rather it should be based upon his own Experience and Achievements in the Army

Nawaz should appoint the senior most because those who reach this status are the best one in the Army so the senior most should be made Army Chief and in this case its Haroon Aslam

Nawaz should appoint the senior most because those who reach this status are the best one in the Army so the senior most should be made Army Chief and in this case its Haroon Aslam

Tariq Khan seems to be a very interesting choice. Being a native of the Tribal Areas, recipient of Guard of Honor and achieving success in Bajaur Operations, he has the ability to tackle Pakistan's internal crisis. But one thing that will put him down, at least in public poll is his (potential) soft corner with the West. He participated in the First Gulf War and visited the U.S for a couple of courses

Haroon Aslam is a good all rounder (internal and external situations). He has been part of SSG, Conflicts of Siachen, Kargil and led the Operation in Swat. If the decision is based upon seniority, he is definitely the best man.

My vote is for Gen Tariq. It was a pleasure serving under him, and most important of all, he is a 'modern' general

Tell me this, you were under Tariq Khan in Multan, Waziristan or the FC? Odds are I've probably met you.

Tell me this, you were under Tariq Khan in Multan, Waziristan or the FC? Odds are I've probably met you.

So you are in Army but the senior most should be made the Army Chief and in this case it is Haroon Aslam

So you are in Army but the senior most should be made the Army Chief and in this case it is Haroon Aslam

I'm not in the Army, I work in very close co-ordination with them. Seniority has no basis at this level, it is the prime minister's prerogative entirely and nowhere does it state in the constitution that the Chiefs of the Armed Forces have to be appointed according to seniority. The decision must be made keeping in mind the General's past history and their capability as a commander.

I'm not in the Army, I work in very close co-ordination with them. Seniority has no basis at this level, it is the prime minister's prerogative entirely and nowhere does it state in the constitution that the Chiefs of the Armed Forces have to be appointed according to seniority. The decision must be made keeping in mind the General's past history and their capability as a commander.
Well if he is the senior most and he is Lt General than he is capable other wise How he became Lt General by the way who would replace General Khalid Shameem Wyne I think he would be also close to retirement ? @Xeric

Last edited by a moderator:
why so many options?? Doesn't the senior most general will get the post??

Well if he is the senior most and he is Lt General than he is capable other wise How he became Lt General by the way who would replace General Khalid Shameem Wyne I think he would be also close to retirement ? @Xeric

They are all Lt. Generals and they are all quite capable. But there has to be a more capable man between them because the rank of Lt. Gen is not a uniform measure of a person's capability.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are all Lt. Generals and they are all quite capable. But there has to be a more capable man between them because the rank of Lt. Gen is not a uniform measure of a person's capability.

And Who would replace Khalid Shameem Wyne and what is the basically his post these days I mean what are the duties of that post which is now with Khaild Shameem Wyne ?

And Who would replace Khalid Shameem Wyne and what is the basically his post these days I mean what are the duties of that post which is now with Khaild Shameem Wyne ?

KSW is the Joint Chief of Staff. He chairs inter-services meetings and is charged with inter-services co-ordination.

Who will replace him remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom