What's new

News of C28A for Algerian Navy: Real-time updates

Yes, equipment only for PLAN.

For exemple for weapons we can see HHQ-7 ( without forgetting HHQ-9 which interest algerians more than HHQ-7) if this is just 3D imagination profile, so i can't understand where are those equipements not for sale ?

mmFaU8M.jpg

For exemple for weapons we can see HHQ-7 ( without forgetting HHQ-9 which interest algerians more than HHQ-7) if this is just 3D imagination profile, so i can't understand where are those equipements not for sale ?
With the exception of some of the electronics/sensors, most equipment in the CG has already been exported e.g. via F22P

With the exception of some of the electronics/sensors, most equipment in the CG has already been exported e.g. via F22P

It is exactly what I wanted to say... We hope for VLS HHQ-9 and C-803 otherwise we prefer russian or European Surface-to-air/Surface-to-Surface missiles .

It is exactly what I wanted to say... We hope for VLS HHQ-9 and C-803 otherwise we prefer russian or European Surface-to-air/Surface-to-Surface missiles .
HHQ-9 is too big to be installed in this small corvette. As I have said, SAM missile may from Europe like VL-MICA. HHQ-7 is out-dated and there is no corresponding weapon from us.
In my opinion, the top radar is the following one:
小盾.jpg

and it is not for sale at the moment.

HHQ-9 is too big to be installed in this small corvette. As I have said, SAM missile may from Europe like VL-MICA. HHQ-7 is out-dated and there is no corresponding weapon from us.
View attachment 22960

For the radar (according to certain sources) it will be from the smart-s family.

View attachment 22960

What about the HHQ-16 ???

Last edited:
For the radar (according to certain sources) it will be from the smart-s family.

What about the HHQ-16 ???

HQ-16 may be OK, but if C28A is installed with HQ-16, then what role it will make in Algeria Navy? Because two Meko A200 has been ordered by Algeria Navy, which serves as the same role with Type 054A.
C28A may have only point defence SAM as its name corvette has indicated.

Another rendering of the corvette C28A?
10151215_716564751698775_602296760_n.jpg

HQ-16 may be OK, but if C28A is installed with HQ-16, then what role it will make in Algeria Navy? Because two Meko A200 has been ordered by Algeria Navy, which serves as the same role with Type 054A.
C28A may have only point defence SAM as its name corvette has indicated.

Algerian version of Meko A200 will be armed with Umkhonto SAM missiles (Actuel version with 12 km range max)

HHQ-16 or other medium range missiles is highly needed :welcome:

VT1 missile (with a range of 13km and speed of Mach 3.6) from a chinese derivative of an originally french launcher?CROTALE NAVAL Mk3 - Thales
:yes4:

three corvettes C28A. Radar and electronic equipment Thales be mounted in Algeria. -They have been built at the same yard as the F22 vessels sold by China to Pakistan and could be similar or slightly smaller-
Algerian National Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Base sources:
Dutch OK Military Equipment Supply to Algeria | Army & Land Forces News at DefenceTalk
| : Armée algérienne : à quoi va servir la hausse du budget de la défense ? Blog Défense Armée algérienne : à quoi va servir la hausse du budget de la défense ? | Jeuneafrique.com - le premier site d'information et d'actualité sur l'Afrique
Thales exporting radars for Algerian corvettes | defenceWeb

Sounds like Thales combat management system, communications equipment and 3D radar to be installed.

Last edited:
VT1 missile (with a range of 13km and speed of Mach 3.6) from a chinese derivative of an originally french launcher?
:yes4:

Base sources:

Sounds like Thales combat management system, communications equipment and 3D radar to be installed.

A Dutch company is allowed to sell some 21 million euros of military equipment to Algeria. Thales Nederland has received an export licence, Foreign Minister Frans Timmermans says in a letter to parliament.
The deal involves radar systems and so-called C3 systems (command, control and communication). This equipment will go to Algeria via China, where the Algerian navy has ordered three small frigates for fighting terrorism and the defence of the country.
The systems will be partially built into the frigates by Thales Nederland staff, after which sensitive hardware and software will ultimately be installed in Algeria. This is being done to prevent Chinese companies or the Chinese government gaining access to sensitive information

Algerian version of Meko A200 will be armed with Umkhonto SAM missiles (Actuel version with 12 km range max)

HHQ-16 or other medium range missiles is highly needed :welcome:
I previous thought Meko A200 of Allgeria will have ESSM
HQ-16 should have its correspondent radar to be installed, so no HQ-16 is to be installed.

I previous thought Meko A200 of Allgeria will have ESSM
HQ-16 should have its correspondent radar to be installed, so no HQ-16 is to be installed.

Yes, if we choose HQ-16 we must get its correspondent radar.

If information about THALES radars is confirmed, SAM missiles will be europeen (Algerians don't like American systems because of conditional use)

Yes, if we choose HQ-16 we must get its correspondent radar.

If information about THALES radars is confirmed, SAM missiles will be europeen (Algerians don't like American systems because of conditional use)
SMART-S MK2 is a very cost-effective 3D-radar for a corvette. Combined all previous information, VL-MICA or Crotale Navel MK3 may be installed.
In my opinion, the five new ships ordered by Algeria (2 frigate + 3 corvette) may be enough and suitable for your navy, but as you said, HQ-16 or similar medium range SAM such as ESSM or Aster15 is more favorable at least for the two MEKO A200.

Back
Top Bottom