What's new

New Zealand vs England - Cricket World Cup 2019 Final

In the upcoming ICC tournaments, after India, I will be supporting only New Zealand, almost just as much as India. Through the tournament.

Exactly. This is not the kind of victory England would have hoped for though. It will always be mentioned as a tied final.

Gotta feel bad for New Zealand.

History won't remember whether it was tie, who won hearts, ridiculous rules etc etc etc.
It would only remember whom won the World Cup in 2019 and that's England, nothing else.

Exactly, the Final match is a TIE, Stats donot count Super Over, in the end the match is counted as a TIE, and England only lift the cup.

Both the teams, who tactfully lost games to avoid Pakistan, were defeated.
So, congratulations India and New Zealand for winning Worldcup.

History won't remember whether it was tie, who won hearts, ridiculous rules etc etc etc.
It would only remember whom won the World Cup in 2019 and that's England, nothing else.

Statistically yes. But, when people talk about a cup, everyone will mention the tied final and everyone will know it wasn't really a victory. They just got the cup coz of the rules.

If India was in NZ position today, with most likely stadium filled with Indian fans, I would have loved to see how ICC would control the crowd and how the Indian fans would react considering how the winner was decided, lol

What is great 2 Muslims(Adil Rashid, Moeen Ali ) and also ex Pakistani player Saqlain Mushtaq bowling coach of England team has been part of the England Team first ever Worldcup victory.

You forgot of Pakistani decent...

Wow great game but exciting as it was, what an anticlimactic climax.

World Cups should not be decided on technicalities.

The ICC has a lot of brainstorming to do after this one, this retarded galli cricket rule like "super" over should not be deciding matches at this level.

Statistically yes. But, when people talk about a cup, everyone will mention the tied final and everyone will know it wasn't really a victory. They just got the cup coz of the rules.

Exactly, the Final match is a TIE, Stats donot count Super Over, in the end the match is counted as a TIE, and England only lift the cup.

No its not a tie, the match has been won by England as per boundary count rule. It is a clear victory. Now both teams were aware of the boundary count rule and were probably also briefed about it before the super over started. Now both team managements and captains should have refused to play until such ridiculous rules were amended, but they still went ahead with it knowing full well about it. When the game has been completed there is no point complaining now.

Such close defeats where scored got tied boht in 50 overs and super overs are not easy to digest. Yes England got the cup but for me boht are winners

Imagine if Pakistan and India would be in such scenario in final of world Cup. i am sure many fans would have got heart attack lol
you are forgetting the danga fasaad by both sides.digesting such a decision is impossible for us

Back
Top Bottom