What's new

New Zealand to hold referendum on national flag

Why? When Scotland leaves, their flag will look outdated and anachronistic.

@EDLdefence

pretty much this. The debate is between people too lazy to change the flag and people who think it's outdated.

I think it is outdated. New Zealand needs a seperate flag.

I hope you are joking.:lol:

Joking about the queen of england. The flag bit,

It's not like the most pressing issue on the agenda, and the New Zealand public is 50/50 about it. the referendum will be held in three years.

But I agree with the fact that the flag should be changed.

They should change the flag. And replace the queen of england with the Maori King as the ceremonial head of state.

You should not be allowed to vote; lest you switch the white fern with a dosa on a black background ! :whistle:

I think britain should adopt the all black one with silver fern. The union jack is a strange kind of flag.

Nah man, Union Jack has a lot of history behind it.

For New Zealand, it is a different story. The people have never been able to identify with it.

I think britain should adopt the all black one with silver fern. The union jack is a strange kind of flag.
That all black and silver fern has nothing to do with Britain, it's unique to New Zealand.
The Union Jack is a flag with a lot of history.
Although I hope New Zealand keeps the Union Jack centric flag I respect there right to a democratic vote.

ask them to adopt RSS flag.....
its the best you can find.....:tup:

I agree, or they should make part of their flag the Indian tricolor. We created the commonwealth so that all our current colonies can be brought together. Maybe it's time we insisted that they start formally respecting our flag. ;)

Nah man, Union Jack has a lot of history behind it.

For New Zealand, it is a different story. The people have never been able to identify with it.

Well if history is the only problem, we can always re-write it....:enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom