What's new

New Ukrainian Government bans Tatarian and Russian Language in the Crimea

The whole 'political' situation is looking more and more like former East and West Pakistan..... bar few variables......

I agreed, but at the same time taking territory is also having an adverse affect to the population who don't want the Russians there. Especially during the Cold War when you guys took over much of Eastern Europe. Whether you guys treated the local populace better doesn't change the fact you were on their soil. Its no different than American troops in South Korea or Japan and the locals don't like them there. Even if our intent was not conquering territory but security.
Believe me, the USSR influenced local authorities in Eastern Europe, just as the U.S. is now influence. If the U.S. withdraws from Europe - there will immediately appear politicians who were your most loyal allies, and they will be furiously tell everybody how the U.S. oppressed and denied freedom.
We did not destroy their statehood. Even the Baltic countries - in the USSR had more economic freedom than they have now in the EU.

Tatars were standing with the new government and they get a kick in the balls for their troubles lol.

read on BBC that the Tatars were predominantly Muslim.. S'true??

Yeah they are which is why they don't wanna join Russia. They are the descendants of the Tatars who Russia didn't deport or kill.

Yeah they are which is why they don't wanna join Russia. They are the descendants of the Tatars who Russia didn't deport or kill.

I need to make a correction.

The Russians tried. Even achieved succes to a certain point. But failed to completely extinct them.

There's a big Crimean diaspora in the central Asian Turkic states, Turkey and Romania.

If these would have been left alone in the crimea, they would have been the majority.

Not Russians.

So when the U.S. and other countries like Canada and Britain fought against the Nazis, we were Communists?

Keep believing that.
roosevelt-stalin-churchill.jpg

I need to make a correction.

The Russians tried. Even achieved succes to a certain point. But failed to completely extinct them.

There's a big Crimean diaspora in the central Asian Turkic states, Turkey and Romania.

If these would have been left alone in the crimea, they would have been the majority.

Not Russians.
there are over 150 million russians living worldwide, whats your point?

That is the most stupid statement that the Soviet Union won the war. It be like saying the Soviets defeating Japan as well by invaded them after the drop of the atomic bomb by the U.S. so they defeated the Japanese instead of us.

My point is that the soviets depopulated the Tatar in the crimea by FORCE.

The Tatar would have been the majority in CRIMEA if they weren't deported, murdered or simply " disappeared".

I thought I was quiet clear.

Back
Top Bottom