What's new

New Typhoon 4×4 mine resistant ambush protected vehicle spotted in Iran

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The new armoured vehicle looks like a Typhoon 4×4 mine resistant ambush protected vehicle was spotted in Iran.

Iranian media show footage from Military Machinery & Equipment exhibition, where was spotted the new armoured vehicle. The new vehicle looks like a Typhoon 4×4 developed by STREIT Group.

Typhoon 4×4 is a Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle / MRAP which is used primarily as a mounted infantry troop carrier and ground support vehicle for dismounted troops and can be easily configured as command and control vehicle, medical evacuation platform or as a forward observation platform (FOO).

The vehicle offers its occupants blast protection to STANAG 4569 Level 3. Typhoon features a V-shaped monocoque armored hull design that offers advanced protection to the 10 man crew. Typhoon benefits from superior off-road mobility. The crew capacity consists of a driver, commander, 8 dismounts and a gunner.

eg52904i55wbxy76kwxk.jpg
photo_2016-09-29_19-13-51.jpg

These turks and their fantasies. Were it not for the fact they're a nato member with all these imported techs etc. They would probably be like saudi arabia, relying totally on imports. Even now they're mostly reliant on imports anyway.

In any case, why they're always in our section? @Serpentine please can you remove them.

I have no intentions to disturb your society but please read his posts in the thread from the beginning then you might get to a point.

I think he was refering to the fact one Turkish defence company named Hema licensed the production of several Streits Group Land Vehicles. It never received orders from the Turkish military but i vaguely recall rumors that they sold it to someone as a third party producer.
I wonder why they received no order for it , the vehicle look interesting for fight against groups like PKK.

I wonder why they received no order for it , the vehicle look interesting for fight against groups like PKK.

Why bother buying foreign alternatives when you can buy domestic equivelants. :)

I taught that Hema company is a Turkish company.

It is but the vehicle itself is completely foreign licensed. We prefer to fund and buy from companies that put in actual effort into creating their products, encouraging domestic creative and innovative ideas. Its the reason that we bought all kinds of different armored vehicles from multiple domestic suppliers.

BMC: Kirpi MRAP, BMC(4X4/6X6) 2,5/5/10 Ton Trucks and Troop Transport Busses
Otokar: Cobra's 1 & 2's, Ural, Akrep, ZPT, ISV's and Troop Transport Busses
FNSS: Pars 4x4 WAV
Nurol: Ejder Yalcin 4x4, TOMA and ILGAZ 4x4

These are just the domestic wheeled armored vehicles supplied by Turkish companies.

Irans R&D is not done on paper but on carbon paper.:lol: jk
Anyway nice looking addition.

They should learn from Pakistan and become an import state :lol:
We license produce most of the products used in our inventory,TOT you can call it,your country is not familiar with that term:lol:.
FYI Pak logged in 500million$ in sales this year more than our neighbours(china is another league).Anyways this ain't a dick measuring thread.
Pak is looking for more MRAPS,the american option is to expensive,we operate a very low number of 500 thats why,iran should pitch a sale for this.

Back
Top Bottom