What's new

New Turkish Serial: Resurrection "Ertuğrul"

Awesome, I also found it funny that a Turkish serial has a better fight scene than every Bollywood movie. :lol:

You seems like an expert of bollywood. I know that you guys just love bollywood but stop mentioning it everywhere.

I don't think he was very pious, religious people tend to see everything in their own views, Mehmed had close relationship with Europeans, he often hosted European scholars and artists in his palace, he was interested in the history of Romans and Alexander, after he conquered Istanbul he the took the title Caesar, and aimed to conquer Rome as well, he was pretty much trying to achieve a third Roman empire, I think his ambitions were his own, religion was merely a mask.
Having close relationships with Europeans and being a patron of the arts and knowledge and being a pious Muslim are not mutually exclusive. What his intentions were only God knows...but hey man you should be proud of him as a Turk and as a Muslim (that is if you are a Muslim) :)

Having close relationships with Europeans and being a patron of the arts and knowledge and being a pious Muslim are not mutually exclusive. What his intentions were only God knows...but hey man you should be proud of him as a Turk and as a Muslim (that is if you are a Muslim) :)

Thats my opinion, we can't know his private life, but I think he was not honestly very pious.

I watched part of it. Acting is good, clothes are good, and it has some subtle statements about the modern day situation of the muslim world if you pay attention.
I noticed that too. If I remember correctly there was a sentence about letting Muslims fight each other so the Christians can take back the holy city of Jerusalem. Were there more?

This is great stuff bro:tup::tup:.. We need more and more stuff like this about the mighty Ottomans.. I frankly can't say enough how much I love that empire .. One of my fave movies from Turkey

a13_34604.jpg
This series is not about the ottomans but about Turkmen tribe traveling to Seljuk of rum to aid their Turkic brothers. The Turkmen at that time were not fully Islamized. A lot of them were followers of the almighty Tengri.

You seems like an expert of bollywood. I know that you guys just love bollywood but stop mentioning it everywhere.

Not an expert but did watch a few movies, singham was by far my favorite mostly because of the hilarious fight scene. :rofl:

I think our Turkish friends will be as amused as I was. :lol:

@atatwolf

There was a scene were Templar master said "we should make Sons of Salahaddin Ayyubi and Turks hostile to each other"

Some says by sons of Ayyubid they are referring to Kurds, claiming they will add Kurds to series, making Ertughrul get good relationship with them, this is to boost "peace process".

If they do it, they will get a huge outrage for sure.

I noticed that too. If I remember correctly there was a sentence about letting Muslims fight each other so the Christians can take back the holy city of Jerusalem. Were there more?

This series is not about the ottomans but about Turkmen tribe traveling to Seljuk of rum to aid their Turkic brothers. The Turkmen at that time were not fully Islamized. A lot of them were followers of the almighty Tengri.
Yeah they said something like that. There was another one but I forgot too. :lol:

Edit:
Now I remember.
They were talking about taking over the seljuks from the inside by implanting their own guys into the sultans court.
@atatwolf

There was a scene were Templar master said "we should make Sons of Salahaddin Ayyubi and Turks hostile to each other"

Some says by sons of Ayyubid they are referring to Kurds, claiming they will add Kurds to series, making Ertughrul get good relationship with them, this is to boost "peace process".

If they do it, they will get a huge outrage for sure.
Bro I dont think they will do that because saladin is seen as an important leader for all muslims. It would just feed into some peoples propaganda if they showed saladin as a kurdish figure. I personally never even looked at saladin from a racial lense samething with the muslims I know, I was suprised when I saw some nationalist kurds doing that.

Last edited:
Yeah they said something like that. There was another one but I forgot too. :lol:

Edit:
Now I remember.
They were talking about taking over the seljuks from the inside by implanting their own guys into the sultans court.

Bro I dont think they will do that because saladin is seen as an important leader for all muslims. It would just feed into some peoples propaganda if they showed saladin as a kurdish figure. I personally never even looked at saladin from a racial lense samething with the muslims I know, I was suprised when I saw some nationalist kurds doing that.
It is not even known what his racial background is. He could be Arab, Turk or Kurd. If he was even kurd it was never on the forefront. His army wasn't kurdish and there is no prior or after to Kurdish leadership if we accept him like that. Him being a Kurd is being propagated by westerners for obvious reasons. We Turks know this region better than westerners. We don't need to take lessons from them.

It is not even known what his racial background is. He could be Arab, Turk or Kurd. If he was even kurd it was never on the forefront. His army wasn't kurdish and there is no prior or after to Kurdish leadership if we accept him like that. Him being a Kurd is being propagated by westerners for obvious reasons. We Turks know this region better than westerners. We don't need to take lessons from them.

Yeah its so benefical for westerners to consider him Kurd :D he was certainly not Turk, either Kurd or Arab, but today largely accepted to be Kurd.

It is not even known what his racial background is. He could be Arab, Turk or Kurd.

There are some different theories about his ethnic origin but the most strong one is his family was originally Arab and they migrated to the different regions in time, lived together Kurdish tribes (at north) and Turkish tribes.

We would not discus such things formerly, this is a new trend of recent years, an effort to create a fabricated history for Kurds. Reminds me "Jewish Kurd" or "Armenian Kurd" stories. So the main purpose is to create a ground to claim eastern Anatolia is belong to Kurds or Jews.

There are some different theories about his ethnic origin but the most strong one is his family was originally Arab and they migrated to the different regions in time, lived together Kurdish tribes (at north) and Turkish tribes.

We would not discus such things formerly, this is a new trend of recent years, an effort to create a fabricated history for Kurds. Reminds me "Jewish Kurd" or "Armenian Kurd" stories. So the main purpose is to create a ground to claim eastern Anatolia is belong to Kurds or Jews.
True, it wasn't talked about until recently. He (Saladin) is one person in the Ayyubid empire. One persons ethincity doesn't matter. What is more importnat is who were the ruling elite of Ayyubids and they weren't Kurdish at all. It is all shaky. They are trying really hard to create some history for the Kurds but it really doesn't stick.

Back
Top Bottom