What's new

New T-99 of Chinese PLA````Caught on camara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leclerc

Leclerc_11.jpg

Arjun

leopard-2a4-kl5.jpg

Leopard A4

arjun.JPG

Type 90

type90.jpg

Type 99A2

r1ynnl.jpg

Leopard A6

f_leopard2a6mm_f8a8413.jpg

^ 9 hits to/near the same area or 9 separate tests.

If it was the former it will be amazing, but I think most probably 9 separate tests.

^ 9 hits to/near the same area or 9 separate tests.

If it was the former it will be amazing, but I think most probably 9 separate tests.

9 hits consecutively. I don't know if it's the same area, but I am willing to bet it is so, because that's the purpose of the test.

In wikipedia it reads that:
There are public photos of experimental Chinese composite armors, specifically Al2O3 under test. The armor didn't sustain any significant damage after being shot by a T-72C 125 mm armament seven times or a 105 mm armament nine times in a range of 1,800 meters, while rounds that are used in the test are unknown. The tank's front armor protection is claimed to be equivalent to 1,000~1,200 mm of steel armor, possibly against shaped charge warheads.

Anyone have those pictures?

That is one small turret.
No redesign rather a slight change in the position of era plates.
If this keeps up, well have more names than tanks. Its like the Su-27.
I wonder what the reason for it is.

No redesign rather a slight change in the position of era plates.
If this keeps up, well have more names than tanks. Its like the Su-27.
I wonder what the reason for it is.
I dunno the reason but there are a few speculation we can raise:
1. China does not is not immediately threaten (unlikely possibility of invasion) nor does it go around invading, hence has no priority in aggressive development of new models.
2. China has limited budget and alot of requirement yet to full-fill (money better spend on developing fighters for example) .
3. Tanks are rarely developed (they serve for decades, eg M1, Leopard2, T80 are in used for years if not decades)
4. China's need to build experience, the choice of many upgrade and revision might be attempts to test different concept so as to better the next model.
5. Tanks are obsolete, there is no reason to invest greatly, just enough changes to create "a force in being".

Back
Top Bottom