What's new

New Surprise Y-30 Model in 2014 Zhuhai Show - Chinese answer to A400m/C130

why most of these Chinese products have to resemble 100% to an existing Western or Russian model? why imagination and innovation is not encouraged?

when will China break free from this massive copycating regime? I know there is money, there is will, there is talent and there is more money but except FC-1 (or JF17) I cant put my hand on the heart and say without coughing, yes... this is original, this is China's first although there are elements of F-16 and Hornet etc there but they are just a reference .. not a spiting image.

Originality is good.

But external appearance / shape for most of aerospace systems is set based on the aerodynamic constraints.

This is like making 5 wheeled car for mass market. Not happening.
4 wheels are pretty much the standard

So is the external shape of pretty much all airplanes.

minor adjustments? yes.

Major diffs? no.

why most of these Chinese products have to resemble 100% to an existing Western or Russian model? why imagination and innovation is not encouraged?

when will China break free from this massive copycating regime? I know there is money, there is will, there is talent and there is more money but except FC-1 (or JF17) I cant put my hand on the heart and say without coughing, yes... this is original, this is China's first although there are elements of F-16 and Hornet etc there but they are just a reference .. not a spiting image.

Irfan,

When the top engineering nations produce a weapons system---in its current shape and form---it shows the cutting edge of a 100 + years of technology, growth, endless resources and brains behind it.

Now, those nations who do not have that history behind it, do have the opportunity to pick up the baton halfway thru the race and then carry themselves forward.

Just for the sake of creating a different design just to prove or show, is not practical at all. You have times and tides going against you when you are playing a catch up game.

So, be it the J31, the YF 20 or anything else, just getting to that stage is an achievement in itself---and trust me----it is no mean feat to accomplish that. You have to understand that the engineering designs are very ethnic in origin----like the swedes will design the same thing different that what the british or the americans or the Russians or the French or the Japanese would.

People have a hard time understanding is, that china has learnt to "COMPRESS" time and produce weapons system to meet its needs and designs of the fast approaching future hostilities---.

Humble beginings have great finishes----. You need to understand what your limitations are---stay within the parameters and keep pushing outwards.

is china ever going to make gunship like the AC-130???

No. Ac 130 is useful only when you have absolute air superiority

well it would be perfect for their western boarder and for pakistan to kill mass rats.

i've seen a documentary where the Taliban said they fear the AC-130 the most.

well it would be perfect for their western boarder and for pakistan to kill mass rats.

This thread is empty hot air,,,let this plane fly first.
Too many 50 cent people nowadays:mad:

The AC-130 is best used when you are attacking massive ground force with negligible anti-air capability. The Taliban is no longer a massive ground force. Using the AC-130 to attack small groups is wasteful. It would be far cheaper just to send in special ops to eliminate the cells and avoid collateral damage. If air support is needed you can always call in ground attackers.

Also, using an AC-130 class aircraft in Afghanistan would be too high profile for China. China would likely adopt a low key approach when it comes to security.

This thread is empty hot air,,,let this plane fly first.
Too many 50 cent people nowadays:mad:

You don't know what you are talking about. China already has Y-9 which is comparable to C-130 and can be easily converted into a gunship. The Y-30 is in the same class and would be a progression from Y-9. It is hardly a revolutionary design so the difficulty is minimal. Unless you want to pay, I am not receiving my 50 cents from anyone.

You don't know what you are talking about. China already has Y-9 which is comparable to C-130 and can be easily converted into a gunship. The Y-30 is in the same class and would be a progression from Y-9. It is hardly a revolutionary design so the difficulty is minimal. Unless you want to pay, I am not receiving my 50 cents from anyone.

Then when it flies we can discuss it.
Also i am tired of political rants in such threads with 0 technical discussion.

As for 50 cents,,even indians have paid people here.:agree:

Then when it flies we can discuss it.
Also i am tired of political rants in such threads with 0 technical discussion.

As for 50 cents,,even indians have paid people here.:agree:

Just which part of my post is a political rant?

they fear the Apache too but yes AC-130 is the mother of all terrors for these scumbags. instead of sending Hornets and eagles if only a handful of AC-130 are dispatched against ISIS then they will yield far more better results due to their longer loitering and immense fear factor and fire power they bring in

they fear the Apache too but yes AC-130 is the mother of all terrors for these scumbags. instead of sending Hornets and eagles if only a handful of AC-130 are dispatched against ISIS then they will yield far more better results due to their longer loitering and immense fear factor and fire power they bring in

indeed a few AC-130s and Apaches would tear them up.

The rise of drone makes AC-130 gunship importantance diminished. Drone has superior loitering time, cheaper. Lack of firepower can make up by sheer numbers. That's why china concentrate on drone development.

Back
Top Bottom