What's new

New Surprise Y-30 Model in 2014 Zhuhai Show - Chinese answer to A400m/C130

why most of these Chinese products have to resemble 100% to an existing Western or Russian model? why imagination and innovation is not encouraged?

when will China break free from this massive copycating regime? I know there is money, there is will, there is talent and there is more money but except FC-1 (or JF17) I cant put my hand on the heart and say without coughing, yes... this is original, this is China's first although there are elements of F-16 and Hornet etc there but they are just a reference .. not a spiting image.

To play the devil's advocate, when did form following function become outright "copying"? These structural motifs that bring aesthetic commonality to systems of a particular role and class are there due to the laws of physics and mechanics.

well it would be perfect for their western boarder and for pakistan to kill mass rats.

i've seen a documentary where the Taliban said they fear the AC-130 the most.

Err, they have the SWAT for that. Right, guys? Guys?

The rise of drone makes AC-130 gunship importantance diminished. Drone has superior loitering time, cheaper. Lack of firepower can make up by sheer numbers. That's why china concentrate on drone development.
No drone has or will have a 105 mm howitzer.
carries a powerful Howitzer 105mm field gun which can ‘vaporise’ targets at a range of 1,200 yards.
The 'Angel of Death' - Special Forces' latest weapon is biggest flying howitzer in the world | Daily Mail Online

Drone can fire heavy weight ATGM like hell Fire or KD-10 or drop SDB on target. You can deploy 4-6 drones as compare to one AC-130 if in terms of price and system. More drone means more look out and eyes as compare to one AC-130. Plus drone is casualty free. One of the biggest point for AC-130 is not the 105mm gun but its loitering time which is surpass by drone.

Drone can fire heavy weight ATGM like hell Fire or KD-10 or drop SDB on target. You can deploy 4-6 drones as compare to one AC-130 if in terms of price and system. More drone means more look out and eyes as compare to one AC-130. Plus drone is casualty free. One of the biggest point for AC-130 is not the 105mm gun but its loitering time which is surpass by drone.
How many hellfire missiles can a drone carry?
How many can 4-5 carry???????

Drones serve as a complimentary to the Spectre, not its replacement.

How many hellfire missiles can a drone carry?
How many can 4-5 carry???????

Drones serve as a complimentary to the Spectre, not its replacement.

You do not send one drone to replace one AC-130. You send a pack. 6 x 4 hell fire equal 24 missiles. Impressive? 6 drone is able to monitor a huge area and once main target sighted . All 6 drones home in on the target like vultures.
Drone technology will get better and better with more powerful drone deploy. More payload and missiles can be carried.

Back
Top Bottom