What's new

New semi digital camouflage of Pakistan Army.

NCOs and above have to buy their uniforms, am I correct? Plus, any news on the induction of the new camo print? I'm not seeing any changes in the uniform shops around my area.
They would buy at times as the sarkari uniform was of pure cotton, so yes some of them did buy additional uniforms over and above what was issued to them.

Anywaz, now a days uniforms are not issued rather the soldiers are given an Uniform Allowance TWICE A YEAR (@ Rs 1200) to buy uniforms, so that they can get it stitched as per their own requirement.

Yes the amount is too less and soldiers have to pay from their pockets to get additional uniforms. One cannot survive on two uniforms/year, and also no one will stitch a uniform for you in Rs 1200, not even your own unit tailor contractor so invariably soldiers have to pay for it despite the fact that sarkar k khatay main (and that of civilians) they are getting "free' uniforms.

Painful, right?

Doesn't seem to be digital one. This has smaller and more repeated pattern but it still has linear analog mosaic in it.

This one is digital though.
1270605853181_hz_myalibaba_web16_555.JPG

I met the Chief a week ago, the camo pattern is digital but the desert scheme khaki on which the camo is based is more dominant thus from a far it is difficult to tell whether it is a Digi Camo or not.

These are combat outfit rather than uniform. Combat dresses would differ greatly from Gilgit to the Punjab to the Thar desert.

Xeric: Please don't forget to post us some snaps, of the new uniform when you get yours, patches removed ofcourse!

One cammo is not "cure for all" environments. A dessert cammo would not be effective in a jungle environment and vice versa. different units posted at different geo locations may/should use appropriate cmmo as per terrain to be effective.

everyday new uniform ? with new cammo ? army hai ya models hain ?:lol:

One cammo is not "cure for all" environments. A dessert cammo would not be effective in a jungle environment and vice versa. different units posted at different geo locations may/should use appropriate cmmo as per terrain to be effective.

That's why the M81 Woodland is still in use in Kashmir, whereas only the SSG still use it elsewhere.

Time waste products

Modern day warfare your body heat gives you away from helicopter distance real camaflaouge is something that hides your body signiture from air and also gives you cloak from visual eyes on groud

Rest is just small talk

Time waste products

Modern day warfare your body heat gives you away from helicopter distance real camaflaouge is something that hides your body signiture from air and also gives you cloak from visual eyes on groud

Rest is just small talk

That's crazy talk! How many soldiers in battle actually die from being targeted by helicopters? Not many, whereas the majority die from bullets. Thus it makes all the sense in the world to adopt better and more advanced camouflage patterns.

If one looks closely, they can make out the squares that make up the patterns.

Well below is a much more close up shot and its not pure digital camo pattern. The camo pattern is nowadays known as Multicam camo pattern. This is now being adopted by the US/UK etc etc armed forces by replacing the digital camo pattern. So it seems PA has taken a direct jump to the Multicam pattern rather then going towards the digital pattern camo first. Impressive by the way that our guys came up with the multicam pattern.

Closer shot of Kiyani Sb wearing the new multicam pattern camo uniform.

newuniform.jpg

Reading abt Multicam:

MultiCam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Examples of multicam pattern:

crye_multicam.jpg

What Camouflage Pattern Is Best?: Science Fiction in the News

Multicam-NewX.jpg

Well below is a much more close up shot and its not pure digital camo pattern. The camo pattern is nowadays known as Multicam camo pattern. This is now being adopted by the US/UK etc etc armed forces by replacing the digital camo pattern. So it seems PA has taken a direct jump to the Multicam pattern rather then going towards the digital pattern camo first. Impressive by the way that our guys came up with the multicam pattern.

Closer shot of Kiyani Sb wearing the new multicam pattern camo uniform.

newuniform.jpg

Reading abt Multicam:

MultiCam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Examples of multicam pattern:

crye_multicam.jpg

What Camouflage Pattern Is Best?: Science Fiction in the News

Multicam-NewX.jpg

That's some interesting research work! Thanks for sharing!

That's crazy talk! How many soldiers in battle actually die from being targeted by helicopters? Not many, whereas the majority die from bullets. Thus it makes all the sense in the world to adopt better and more advanced camouflage patterns.

It's not only helocopters, you can have personal thermal binos or mount thermal optics on your rifles too, new gen devices can pick a human size target from a km away, I am not saying they are cheap, but they are available.

It's not only helocopters, you can have personal thermal binos or mount thermal optics on your rifles too, new gen devices can pick a human size target from a km away, I am not saying they are cheap, but they are available.

They are available but at what level are they deployed? That's what's important. As far as I know, thermals are issues few and far between.

They are available but at what level are they deployed? That's what's important. As far as I know, thermals are issues few and far between.

Armored Corps have deployed thermal-evading sheets or 'blankets' which are used as covers for tanks and other systems, which are really effective and gives strength to Armored Corps movements, especially at night. Another fact is, the Indian Armor is night-blind till date which helps our movements. We have this technology since 2009 or around I guess, made by HIT.

Back
Top Bottom