What's new

New Moderator :)

Thank you all for the congratulations. When Neo first told me the news I was thrilled, and I still am but now I have a healthy appreciation for what the moderators really do. It’s not all glamorous authority and a fancy title. Moderating defence.pk is some really tedious, soul-destroying and thankless work (work which I’ve barely started BTW) and you guys wouldn’t believe the number of complaints lodged every day.

When you’re not a mod you can go to whichever threads you like, talk to whoever you want about whatever you want and sign out and enjoy the rest of your day. But when you’re a mod you end up going through whole threads often full of pointless bickering every time someone lodges a complaint (and most of these trolls have horrible English:cry:) and you need to take action which must seem fair to both sides. And usually everyone has utterly different expectations and opinions on what is ‘fair’.

Even those who’re against the trolls don’t help matters most of the time by replying to them. Please understand that a troll is best dealt with being ignored, because if people reply to their provocations we end up having to delete 12 posts instead of 1 and the thread itself goes down the gutter. If you find it mildly provocative, ignore it. If you find it offensive and heavily provocative then report it and then ignore it.

So I would like to bring your attention to all this ceaseless hard work done by the moderating staff which IMO is a little under-appreciated. No one forces them to give up their precious time every day and no one pays them for it but it is them who’ve made defence.pk something we can all be proud of. All the members can help them by being a little responsible with the report button and remembering that mods can’t be everywhere every time so it is up to everyone to individually and collectively steer the discourses in productive and civil directions.

Here’s a toast to all the mods.:enjoy:

Congrats Kasrkin on a very well deserved promotion. :tup:

So what is the difference between a 'Moderator' & a 'Super Moderator'? What extra privileges does a super mod enjoy?

The guess i can make is that a Super Mod or Global mod can moderate the entire forum or atleast more then one sub forums, but a Mod is specific to a certain number of sub-forums or sub-sub forum, may be they are testing kasrkin currently and when he shows up as a guud mod (which i am sure he is) they will add the super with it!

Well, I resigned cause it needs to be perfect to be a mod. And frankly, reading all those topics and taking care of the forum is something very very difficult. I wish you the best and congrats with the title!

Kind regards,
Munir.

Hey congrats bro! i never got anything lol haha i guess iam the doors guard front line soilder haha.

Back
Top Bottom