What's new

New MBT 3000

Is this tank on par with Type 99 or Type 96G?

No,MBT2000 is developed from Type 90II; while MBT3000 is an upgrade of MBT2000 with Type 99G2 technology

Agree. I like the Type 99/Type 96G style block armor

i was hoping it's armour will be better than Al Khalid 1 but its armour is even not comparable to Al Khalid....:blink:
PLA will not induce it i suppose this is for export....:unsure:

i was hoping it's armour will be better than Al Khalid 1 but its armour is even not comparable to Al Khalid....:blink:
PLA will not induce it i suppose this is for export....:unsure:

They do not need the MBT-3000. They already have Type 99A2.

Is this tank on par with Type 99 or Type 96G?

I highly doubt it will be on par with Type 99. Type 99 is the most advanced tank design in PLA and are intended to engage targets of comparable power, such as M1A2/A3. MBT-3000 is an export only design for smaller countries with less demanding requirement. So it is unlikely to be at the same level as 99.
Whether it will be on par with 96G is up to speculation.

tank is recognized as useless because recent wars didn't occur in ground between two comparable countries.

This comment is recognized as useless because recent wars did involve ground combat and armor engagements. In fact, the Persian Gulf War reaffirmed the role of main battle tanks. MBTs were outperformed by the attack helicopter though. And while advanced armor has not improved vehicle survivability, it has reduced crew fatalities. Technology is helping to reducing the weight and size of the modern MBT. In asymmetric warfare, main battle tanks are deployed in small highly concentrated units. MBTs fire only at targets at close range and instead rely on external support such as unmanned aircraft for long range combat

First Generation: Type 59, Type 69, Type 62
Second generation: Type 79, Type 88, Type 85
Third Generation: Type 99, Type 96, MBT 2000
Third Generation+: Type 99A, Type 96A, MBT 3000

It looks have the same turret size of the Russian T-72 the same auto-loader it's an updated T-72. Unfortunately the same mentality that designed the vulnerable T-72.

It looks have the same turret size of the Russian T-72 the same auto-loader it's an updated T-72. Unfortunately the same mentality that designed the vulnerable T-72.
Wrong on every count.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom