What's new

New Load Out On JF-17 Thunder

Really funny indeed. I thought I was only speaking free on my mind but not as an interview! :azn:

But surely I won't mind.
Why don’t you start your own YouTube channel? Like millennium*7 yours would be pretty good.

I don't know, but it would be difficult given the relatively smaller wing compared with the Typhoon or Flanker series where this is more readily possible. However, I think the internal ECM and EW capabilities are significantly better in the Block 3 version previous models.
Perhaps they can keep the SPJ and add a towed decoy into the pod.

Perhaps they can keep the SPJ and add a towed decoy into the pod.

There would be flutter and clearance issues with having a towed decoy so close to the fuselage, and quite frankly, a towed decoy is now an outdated concept. Only the Typhoon uses it. Smart chaff units are far more effective against Fox 3s.

Hi,

Yeah---maybe it should carry a 737 on its wingtips---.
The Gripen had one proposed, it’s not inconceivable the JF-17 could perhaps carry one there as well. Yes yes, the JF-17 is not the gripen, but it is a similar sized aircraft.

But it it’s too much weight, a podded option would be decent alternative if it’s feasible, or perhaps As part of a pylon.

1668802297508.jpeg

1668802387483.jpeg

There would be flutter and clearance issues with having a towed decoy so close to the fuselage, and quite frankly, a towed decoy is now an outdated concept. Only the Typhoon uses it. Smart chaff units are far more effective against Fox 3s.
The F-35 still plans to use it.

On the Eurofighter it is towed 100 meters behind the aircraft and can handle +9/-3 G and up to Mach 2. The JF-17’s wingtips should be far enough away from the fuselage to make for safe operation, I would assume.

Last edited:
"JF-17s cannot replaced Mirages"

Is "the one" for me!!! and related to the very upgraded III/V series is at least plus 2.0 Gen ahead from they...

For this reason Argentina evaluate and selected JF-17 Block 3 as a "favorite" replacement pretending of your old Mirage III/Finger/Mara family.

Economy disaster of the actual goverment and internal political affairs are the only reason related to delay in the purchase.

Best regards

For most air forces your statement applies correctly... for the PAF the mirage 3/5s serve as the same exact utility as the B-52s do for the USAF ie Bomb/Strike trucks. Believe me the Mirage 3/5 holds such a position in the PAF that if they had their way it would serve for another 30 years via continued upgrades to structure/avionics/ and even engine.

Forget even ground targets, you know very well a few mirages equipped with ASCMs would rain hell on any navy, and could pretty much close oil trade through the straight of hormuz. Argentina only had 6 mirages and 6 excocet cruise missiles and was able to hold the royal navy at bay. Pak has hundreds of mirages and thousands of cruise missiles.

Its our old school jugad weapon. We may retire even the A5s, F6s, and even F7s, but we will hold on to our forever customizable bomb trucks= Mirage 3/5s :pakistan:

Should also go for CFT s like f16
Once the JF-17 gets a more powerful Chinese engine (once the needs of the production run of the J-35 are satisfied, and the PAF is satisfied with the engine’s reliability, just like it is satisfied with the WS-10B engine), I hope so too. While CFTs shouldn’t increase the drag, it’s permanent weight increase coupled to the fuselage that needs to be carried.

Last edited:
J-16 HMD

fg_3792393-jdw-8944-jpg.896668

J-20 HMD

J-20_HMD1.jpg

JF-17 HMD

JF-17C_HMDS.jpg
Would love to see this helmet used to que a PL-10 to shoot a target drone at the limits of the missile.

As far as future JF-17 load out, I hope the JF-17s start to carry at least one TALD (unpowered light little gliders; Tactical Air Launched Decoy, which can fit up to three to a pylon) and one towed decoy. The TALD can help pull enemy SAMs away (by a number of miles) if the JF-17 is fired upon, and the Towed Decoy can protect it if the missile gets to close. Layered defenses as the threat environment gets more advanced, should keep the JF-17s safe during CAPs and missions.

Last edited:
Really funny indeed. I thought I was only speaking free on my mind but not as an interview! :azn:

But surely I won't mind.

ok - lol - but you are now "offically" an "expert" on this forum ;) ..

Back
Top Bottom