What's new

New ISRO satellite will revolutionise Internet in India. Read how

This thread has got nothing to do with grown-up kids fantasizing about Star Trek. Please open another thread for that. This is about increasing internet penetration and ISRO's role in it.
In this connection I would also like to draw attention towards the regional satellite navigation systems being developed by ISRO.

Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System

where did i mention libya?? :azn:

and i don't understand mba-type language but from ( SpaceX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )...

agreed that it was not jinns or ghost of gaddafi or spacex, but dedicating 99 percent of missions to launching satellites hasn't helped india either.

could these "remote sensing satellites" and "weather predicting supercomputers" prevent the countless farmers who suicided??

let's be practical and not be swept away in nationalist sentiment.

(a). obviously, he must have seen wonder and potential in a space agency rather than in a purely computing company, (b). being chief of isro is one thing but where are the humans in space that isro has been promising for so many years??

in the 70's, the chinese had a space program but they discarded it either for military reasons or for pursuing the "reforms"... but even they picked up human space-flight quickly and have now sent five people to space... and they have their own space station program, of which one module is already in space.

poverty is because of wrong political systems, of which india has a extreme type... what does spacex have to do with suiciding farmers of india??

and unless spacex is thinking about "weather control" of earthern atmosphere, i don't see how it can prevent atmospheric events leading to calamities.

but spacex has much to do with a more scientific human future.

ye kaha ke idiot hai!!! :lol:

ISRO will send our four airforce personal into moon between 2019- 2020......proud of you ISRO

interesting... but this picture is from feb 2014... and they said that 2017 will have the first human test... impossible.

The human space flight programme according to ISRO, is limited to sending a crew of two astronauts to a low earth orbit and returning them safely to a set destination on earth. ISRO, however, has set itself a target of 2017 for achieving this mission.

where did i mention libya?? :azn:

and i don't understand mba-type language but from ( SpaceX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )...

agreed that it was not jinns or ghost of gaddafi or spacex, but dedicating 99 percent of missions to launching satellites hasn't helped india either.

could these "remote sensing satellites" and "weather predicting supercomputers" prevent the countless farmers who suicided??

let's be practical and not be swept away in nationalist sentiment.

(a). obviously, he must have seen wonder and potential in a space agency rather than in a purely computing company, (b). being chief of isro is one thing but where are the humans in space that isro has been promising for so many years??

in the 70's, the chinese had a space program but they discarded it either for military reasons or for pursuing the "reforms"... but even they picked up human space-flight quickly and have now sent five people to space... and they have their own space station program, of which one module is already in space.

poverty is because of wrong political systems, of which india has a extreme type... what does spacex have to do with suiciding farmers of india??

and unless spacex is thinking about "weather control" of earthern atmosphere, i don't see how it can prevent atmospheric events leading to calamities.

but spacex has much to do with a more scientific human future.

Read my post again.
You are repeating same stupid question again and again.

And you have problem when ISRO make its step one by one.But dont have any problem when a western company burn billions of dollars for the so called space venture.

Get a life idiot.

It will be able to observe and measure even one millimeter of surface deformation on the earth’s crust occurring due to earthquakes, volcanoes, landslides,

This is a bloody a hell of al satelite . 1 mm resolution something never heared off.

Last edited:
It will be able to observe and measure even one millimeter of surface deformation on the earth’s crust occurring due to earthquakes, volcanoes, landslides,

This is a bloody a hell of al satelite . 1 mm resolution something never hear

1 mm resolution seems to be exaggerated.

1 mm resolution seems to be exaggerated.

Any reson not to believe it or simply gutfeeling?

lack of ambitions and capability.

isro, aged 50+, funded hugely by government and with many thousands of employees.
spacex, aged 12, privately funded ( lot less ), with 3800+ employees.

isro work-horse launcher - pslv - leo luggage capacity, 3.2 tons - gto luggage capacity, 1.4 tons
spacex ( former ) work-horse launcher - falcon 9 - leo luggage capacity, 10 tons - gto luggage capacity, 4.5 tons.

isro not having a leo spaceship which is proper-sized or useful
spacex designed the dragon leo spaceship with human-capability-testing in mind

isro cannot transfer any luggage to the space station
spacex dragon 1 has made four operational trips to space station just since inauguration in 2012

isro does not have a concrete or properly theoretical human program... majorly a satellite maker
spacex was begun with the objective of taking people to mars

spacex will probably test its first test pilot by end of 2016
isro - ??

07. spacex has been testing the falcon v1.1 rocket which is meant for resusability
isro has not tested any such vehicle

spacex has displayed the dragon v2 leo spaceship meant to carry seven people
isro - ??

bigelow aerospace is making inflatable space stations
isro will probably lease them within five years, with transport provided by spacex :enjoy:

spacex is meant to be the main transport provider in the "mars one" program
isro ??

whether or not "mars one" starts, spacex will get humans to mars
isro - ??

------------

dragon v2... elegant and simplified interiors... with powered-landing capability...

lede.jpg

140530-coslog-inside2_6358e59b0d978a9d75ca1ca311b04e4f.jpg

screen-shot-2014-05-29-at-7-37-54-pm.png

:what:

Yes we witnessed Moon exploration getting failed.

Any reson not to believe it or simply gutfeeling?

A gut feeling mostly mixed with little technical knowledge, as it is tough for a Surface aperture radar to have such high resolution because of atmospheric interference.

the article contains just one line... i have been hearing isro boast about "human flight missions" for many years... they just tested a little test piece i think in 2013... that is all.

human mission is last in ISRO's priority list.

This is a bloody a hell of al satelite . 1 mm resolution something never heared off.

It is the precision with which one can calculate the parameters they are talking !

A gut feeling mostly mixed with little technical knowledge, as it is tough for a Surface aperture radar to have such high resolution because of atmospheric interference.

We have seen better and better atmospheric penitrating frequencies on satellite. L and S band combo are very effective . Do not you think that they would not have announced if it is not possible?

We have seen better and better atmospheric penitrating frequencies on satellite. L and S band combo are very effective . Do not you think that they would not have announced if it is not possible?

Or a simple typo by the reporter, as this have happened multiple times, given their carelessness and lack of technical knowledge. Resolution is directly proportional to frequency, as you might have studied that the resolution of the X band radar is higher than S or L band. Now, given in the electromagnetic spectra, the optical sensors can achieve a highest resolution of 31 cm, i seriously doubt radar waves can have resolution exceeding that. As 1 mm is beyond the Bragg's diffraction limit of the wavelength of the emitted SAR signals.

I agree with your typo theory.
We have witnessed it multiple time.

ISRO is the first space organisation in the world which found evidence of water in moon in 2008

Back
Top Bottom