3. How did you find us?

General google search when looking for Pakistan news

4. What interests do you have here?

Pakistan political state, economy, history, infrastructure, Azad Kashmir

5. What is your profession?

Logistics

5. What is your future plans?

Be a better person in terms of humanity, religiously and spiritually

I hope my posting privileges are activated soon. I have been reading this forum for many years and I wish to be part of it. Despite being born and bred in England, I have always loved the country where my parents were born and it is sad the way things are in Pakistan past 40 years.

My name is Dawood Qureshi, I live in the USA as well as in Pakistan. I am a retired PAF officer to start with and then life has led me to a number of professions after retirement. I remained head of a small arms manufacturing factory in the USA. jumped into the business and traded and sold, Aviation, Military, training, Solar, clothing, Heavy Machinery, etc. My son who is a mechanical Engineer from UMD jokes with me, DAD you have touched almost every business product except selling toilet paper. To my good luck, I did succeed in almost all ventures.
Finally, I settled on exporting small arms Ammunition, and Heavy construction equipment. I deal with many countries so I know a bit about the geography and political environment of most of the countries.
I came across this forum today. I joined hoping to find some veteran friends here. In addition to that, in the course of my business, I keep coming across some new variants of small arms that interest law enforcement and militaries of various countries. I am sure these could be very interesting and useful to Pakistani Forces as well. However, I am not sure to who to show these.

The intro is getting long so I will leave it here.

My name is Dawood Qureshi, I live in the USA as well as in Pakistan. I am a retired PAF officer to start with and then life has led me to a number of professions after retirement. I remained head of a small arms manufacturing factory in the USA. jumped into the business and traded and sold, Aviation, Military, training, Solar, clothing, Heavy Machinery, etc. My son who is a mechanical Engineer from UMD jokes with me, DAD you have touched almost every business product except selling toilet paper. To my good luck, I did succeed in almost all ventures.
Finally, I settled on exporting small arms Ammunition, and Heavy construction equipment. I deal with many countries so I know a bit about the geography and political environment of most of the countries.
I came across this forum today. I joined hoping to find some veteran friends here. In addition to that, in the course of my business, I keep coming across some new variants of small arms that interest law enforcement and militaries of various countries. I am sure these could be very interesting and useful to Pakistani Forces as well. However, I am not sure to who to show these.

The intro is getting long so I will leave it here.
Welcome to the forum!

So the last introductions were getting pretty useless. So here are some guidelines for proper introductions.

1) Tell your interests
2) What do you do.
3) How did you find us
4) What interests you here?
5) What is your profession?
6) Future plans?
Hi

Have not yet gotten the hang of the PDF interface, but I also do not want to be remiss in posting my introduction.

... I have been interested in things military for a very long time.

When in 2009 I had completed a year’s long study about WMD in my own country (South Africa), I decided to turn my attention to Iran.

As to the why, developments in my country pertaining to arms development had tailed of dramatically, while such in Iran had started to ‘take off’.

I later found PDF through browsing and searching for particular Defense terms.

It is amazing how much OSINT is to be found in resources such as the now defunct IMF, https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/, defence.pk/pdf/threads/Iran, and various Web searches.

One of my favourite subjects are combat aircraft not unveiled yet. Which of course includes Iran, judging by the number of posts on this subject appearing in https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iriaf-news-and-discussions.

I am retired but was a civil servant before that.

I hope to add my input on this subject to this Forum and Applicable threads.

Hi,

This is New Taishang. A reformed version of the former self, from which I wished to disassociate.

All the best to all.

So the last introductions were getting pretty useless. So here are some guidelines for proper introductions.

1) Tell your interests
2) What do you do.
3) How did you find us
4) What interests you here?
5) What is your profession?
6) Future plans?
1. My interests keep changing. Nowadays, it is British Raj, the Indian freedom struggle and India-China conflict.

2. Currently unemployed. I was fired from the post of lab instructor at a polytechnic college because 13-15 students failed in the subject I taught.

3. Of course, by Googling.

4. Discussions with professionals and 'on-the-ground' people because first hand accounts are the most reliable and authentic ones. Just for entertainment and light reading.

5. Taking rest for a few days. See point #2.

6. Take one day at a time. Currently enjoy internet surfing.

Hoping that the admin approves my account and posts, so that I can start asking questions.

Hi,

This is New Taishang. A reformed version of the former self, from which I wished to disassociate.

All the best to all.

Are you the @TaiShang who had posted the very nice article about Libyan Jamahiriya and were stridently anti-Capitalist / anti-imperialist ? If so why this "reform" ?

2. Currently unemployed. I was fired from the post of lab instructor at a polytechnic college because 13-15 students failed in the subject I taught.

It's ridiculous that you were thrown out just because 15 students failed. Are the dean of a college and the professors expelled, much less arrested, if a student suicides there ? You should associate with workers union for teachers and agitate against this action.

So what would have happened if those students had passed in that exams ( exams being unnecessary ) ? Would they have become Elons ? Please read this post of mine on the subject of abolishing exams and how should the education system be and do read that entire thread and contribute there.

Hoping that the admin approves my account and posts, so that I can start asking questions.

Now that your account has been approved, ask away. Welcome to the forum.

Hello All! I created this account last night, but I have followed this forum for at least two decades. There used to be another defense forum with a similar name that I would read back in the late 90s and 00s.

I was born in Lahore and moved to the US at an early age. I work in the tech field. My background is in analytics and human behavioral forensics - meaning I can figure out the human element of a social media account by analyzing its online presence and posting history. I enjoy writing codes and geo-political analyses on issues facing the US and Pakistan.

This is significant - my family stock is of Punjabi, Shia Syed background, and is heavily pro-PTI. I mention this because I don't want any confusion about where I stand on specific issues. We used to be very pro-Army until the NCV.

While growing up as a teen (in the 90s), I got into history and naturally wanted to come back to Pakistan to join the Army as I have distant family members across the Air Force and Army. In 1999, I followed the Kargil war very carefully, pushing me to apply to the Kakul military academy. In late 1999, I contacted the defense attaché at the Pakistan embassy and requested an application to the military academy. I was only 16 at the time. The Lt. Colonel I spoke with asked why I wanted to join the Army; I told him I wanted to be stationed on the LOC and hunt for scalps. He laughed at this and said I ran into them somewhere in the US and managed my business there. I sent my application along with 500 rupees and did not hear anything back. 9/11 occurred a few years later, and the rest is history.

I am an ardent defender of Pakistan. I have defended Pakistan's integrity while dealing with Indians and their shenanigans across the internet. Case in point, three years ago, John Hopkins University posted a map of COVID hotspots and showed all of Kashmir as part of India; I drafted an email to the creator and John Hopkins analytics department as soon as that map went active - to no luck. Hopkins refused to update the map. I remember a member posting about the same issue a few months later.

Over the years, reading people's posts and then seeing their profiles, I can say with a high degree of success that certain accounts are masquerading as Pakistanis, but their pattern of writing and for causes betray their identity. Many of them are from a particular eastern country. These folks will be automatically put on the ignored/blocked list.

I like to work out, travel, shoot, and increase my spirituality in my free time.

P.S. my username is from the World War 2 novel, Forgotten Soldier. Terrific book if anyone is interested in reading about the experiences of a combat soldier.

Hello All! I created this account last night, but I have followed this forum for at least two decades. There used to be another defense forum with a similar name that I would read back in the late 90s and 00s.

I was born in Lahore and moved to the US at an early age. I work in the tech field. My background is in analytics and human behavioral forensics - meaning I can figure out the human element of a social media account by analyzing its online presence and posting history. I enjoy writing codes and geo-political analyses on issues facing the US and Pakistan.

This is significant - my family stock is of Punjabi, Shia Syed background, and is heavily pro-PTI. I mention this because I don't want any confusion about where I stand on specific issues. We used to be very pro-Army until the NCV.

While growing up as a teen (in the 90s), I got into history and naturally wanted to come back to Pakistan to join the Army as I have distant family members across the Air Force and Army. In 1999, I followed the Kargil war very carefully, pushing me to apply to the Kakul military academy. In late 1999, I contacted the defense attaché at the Pakistan embassy and requested an application to the military academy. I was only 16 at the time. The Lt. Colonel I spoke with asked why I wanted to join the Army; I told him I wanted to be stationed on the LOC and hunt for scalps. He laughed at this and said I ran into them somewhere in the US and managed my business there. I sent my application along with 500 rupees and did not hear anything back. 9/11 occurred a few years later, and the rest is history.

I am an ardent defender of Pakistan. I have defended Pakistan's integrity while dealing with Indians and their shenanigans across the internet. Case in point, three years ago, John Hopkins University posted a map of COVID hotspots and showed all of Kashmir as part of India; I drafted an email to the creator and John Hopkins analytics department as soon as that map went active - to no luck. Hopkins refused to update the map. I remember a member posting about the same issue a few months later.

Over the years, reading people's posts and then seeing their profiles, I can say with a high degree of success that certain accounts are masquerading as Pakistanis, but their pattern of writing and for causes betray their identity. Many of them are from a particular eastern country. These folks will be automatically put on the ignored/blocked list.

I like to work out, travel, shoot, and increase my spirituality in my free time.

P.S. my username is from the World War 2 novel, Forgotten Soldier. Terrific book if anyone is interested in reading about the experiences of a combat soldier.
Welcome to the forum. I also reside in USA south. Also into shooting, target sports, hunting, golfing and downhill skiing.

Back
Top Bottom