What's new

New global lineup lists India as 3rd most powerful nation

Yup, I have to facepalm when I see some Indians say things such as 'we will be here in 30 years and you will be here'. I just don't reply to that kind of childish BS. I mean a lot can happen in 10, 20, 30, 40 years. We were looking good just 4 years ago but things have gone down south quite a bit since.

True, that a lot can happen in 20, 30, 40 years, but thats true for any trending you do. these reports simply extrapolate present situation and parameters along with existing trends to come up with a situation down the line. There are always unexpected events in a time line, but then that holds as true for tomorrow as it is for 20 years down the road.

btw, this thread is not about Indians saying any of this. Its a report by United States’ National Intelligence Council (NIC) and the European Union’s Institute for Security Studies (EUISS)

Fair enough. I wasn't talk about the report itself. I think this report is talking about the CURRENT times. I am talking about the far future predictions of 20,30, 40 years down the road. I mean, yes, you can make a prediction based on the current trends, but I am not sure why anyone would take them too seriously considering these predictions depend on the current trends to continue for another few decades.

I am not so much concerned about what they predict about India but more so about what they predict about Pakistan. Terrorism, flood damage, Zardari/PPP... surely these trends will not last that long?

I am not so much concerned about what they predict about India but more so about what they predict about Pakistan. Terrorism, flood damage, Zardari/PPP... surely these trends will not last that long?

Inshah Allah!

Good going Indians!, a big turn around from a country thats top the world hunger chart and human developement index that on pal with some africian countries in 2009 to the 3rd place of Global lineup of world's most powerful one now ?:undecided:

"Incredible India", you leave me speechless!!:whistle:

Good going Indians!, a big turn around from a country thats top the world hunger chart and human developement index that on pal with some africian countries in 2009 to the 3rd place of Global lineup of world's most powerful one now ?:undecided:

u will remain undecided??.this is not your fault.those who accepted ,aleready in line with business with india.u should remain speechless.:bunny::bunny::bunny:

What's your problem exactly? That your country does not have a say in world stage? Are you so bored that you find the Pakistani form to piss Indians off ? How lame..

and there we go :P

By 2025, the United States would still be the most powerful country of the world, but it would have a little over 18 per cent of the global power.

The US would be closely followed by China (nearly 16 per cent), European Union (14 per cent) and India (10 per cent).

I find this prediction highly questionable, by 2025 Chinese economy will be roughly the same size as the U.S, but what about scientific power or military power? China will still lag far behind the U.S in any area other than sheer economic size. There's no way China will be 90% as powerful as the U.S by 2025. Maybe by 2040 but definitely not 2025.

Congratulation to Indians for this achievement, credits need to be deliver when its due.:tup:
But on a side note, i don't think its nice or fair to celebrate your success base on the misery of others, do remember we all gone through hard times, be it to be China, India or any other countries.:no:
I still recalled China was close to bankruptcy decades back, do you?:undecided:

When was this? I've never read about it.

I find this prediction highly questionable, by 2025 Chinese economy will be roughly the same size as the U.S, but what about scientific power or military power? China will still lag far behind the U.S in any area other than sheer economic size. There's no way China will be 90% as powerful as the U.S by 2025. Maybe by 2040 but definitely not 2025.

Like I posted before, you don't know what methodology or parameters they are using to come up with these prediction. I'm very personally reluctant to believe these reports.

When was this? I've never read about it.

Like I posted before, you don't know what methodology or parameters they are using to come up with these prediction. I'm very personally reluctant to believe these reports.

I agree. A lot of people are hyping up how the U.S. is failing and how China and India will surpass it in the near future and I am still highly suspicious of these claims. As long as the U.S. is able to draw the best talents of the world she will remain ahead (maybe not as much but still by a large amount) in the next few decades.

When was this? I've never read about it.QUOTE]

Here you go, i read it from here a while back;

Ladies and gentlemen, I am so happy to be invited to speak on China and the world economy. China’s economic development over the past 25 years has been a miracle. China has maintained a GDP growth rate of 9 percent for 25 years, and this is a rare case in the history of economic development of the world. Many people ask me about China’s economic development. What are the factors behind China’s fast economic development? I think it is a very sophisticated process. It seems to me that two major forces are driving this development. First is the economic reform policy China pursued since 1979. For a long time, China was a planned economy and had ups and downs. And during the Cultural Revolution in the late 1960s and 1970s, China’s economy was on the brink of bankruptcy
Speech: China and the World Economy

When was this? I've never read about it.QUOTE]

Here you go, i read it from here a while back;

Ladies and gentlemen, I am so happy to be invited to speak on China and the world economy. China’s economic development over the past 25 years has been a miracle. China has maintained a GDP growth rate of 9 percent for 25 years, and this is a rare case in the history of economic development of the world. Many people ask me about China’s economic development. What are the factors behind China’s fast economic development? I think it is a very sophisticated process. It seems to me that two major forces are driving this development. First is the economic reform policy China pursued since 1979. For a long time, China was a planned economy and had ups and downs. And during the Cultural Revolution in the late 1960s and 1970s, China’s economy was on the brink of bankruptcy
Speech: China and the World Economy

This is what you would call a special case, brother.

Congratulation to Indians for this achievement, credits need to be deliver when its due.:tup:
But on a side note, i don't think its nice or fair to celebrate your success base on the misery of others, do remember we all gone through hard times, be it to be China, India or any other countries.:no:
I still recalled China was close to bankruptcy decades back, do you?:undecided:

we have actually never had a budget deficiency since 1950's and the surplus only gets bigger. we the big bad commies have a better financial record than capitalist USA.

Back
Top Bottom