What's new

New global index exposes 'modern slavery' worldwide

Yes for being 4th in that list.....
@nair true.

Particularly because it is the 21st century and our constitution 'guarantees' freedom and liberty

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaara, there are laborers who work for very little compensation which would violate any norm of fair consideration or compensation which is established or recognized, hell in our country there are "sectors" where there are no such norms. Ergo a man might end up toiling for a pittance or for "anaaj" without any real pay- for many reasons- for eg. paying back a loan shark or under duress if he is underage.

So... how is it different from unemployment or disguised employment?

And if you specifically mean bonded labor, then of course, the statistics are completely messed up. After all, bonded labor and slavery are entirely two different concepts.

So... how is it different from unemployment or disguised employment?

And if you specifically mean bonded labor, then of course, the statistics are completely messed up. After all, bonded labor and slavery are entirely two different concepts.

It is different because of the fact that it is not voluntary and/or the laborer has no avenue for seeking redress.

I already provided the definition of "modern slavery" as it is meant in the context of the survey.

The world's largest democracy tops the modern slavery chart, how ironic!

Better fasten your nets below the building you are working, because I am pretty sure you want to kill yourself for overworking posting jingoistic non sense on the internet.

Or working too hard to save up for the future wife you will never have because you aborted all the feamle foetuses like my Indian brethren did.

don't catch your breath neither, because I hear the air in China is toxic, well not as toxic as what goes on in your mind but still.

I can't believe such a good country Thailand is in the list.

Back
Top Bottom