What's new

New generation artillery

Dron.ru

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Russian new twin-barrel howitzer "Coalition-SV" 152mm

Now located in the testing stage of the prototype.
Weight: <55 t
Ammo: 70 + 300
Rounds per minute: 16
Range of fire: 40 km
Mode «hail of fire» (MRSI)
Crew: 2
Caliber: 2x152mm
Loading: auto
Barrel length: <52

e7540c17cb86d0828827f1ce70b9c298._.jpg

eb861ab5c80cc5e35ee541d869cfcafe.jpg

db7bb5b712e7fb7c69259652a6df2d6c.jpg

5f2d0cc2b4bd47c69af9ab3a00727cdc._.jpg

b97cfd4dc226dc08e6179aaad3bbc4c0._.jpg

awesome....wish India can lay its hands on this...would be useful for defence on our eastern as well as western border

^^^ ya India think of this kind of stuffs is good

Good innovation. Russian arms industry has the potential to reach its peak again.

Indeed it is an impressive development and i am optimistic that the day is not too far away when Artillery guns and Tanks would be Firing Long Range Laser guided shells.

Regards:

16 rounds a minute i would think its automatic loading.

Two barrels could means that the reaction produced by one of the gun is used to load shell into the other.

regards,

Looks Impressive indeed, but really, whats the advantage of having twin barrel?

Looks Impressive indeed, but really, whats the advantage of having twin barrel?

Enables automatic loading from the firing of shells without needing an independent power source?

I think it is more like alternating barrel rather than twin barrel

A crew of two means a significantly automated process. So basically between reloads they are quite flexible.

They should have an easy to attach magazine compartment that can be loaded from supple truck. The design also could be modular.

Indeed it is an impressive development and i am optimistic that the day is not too far away when Artillery guns and Tanks would be Firing Long Range Laser guided shells.

Regards:

Bro, don't impress with appearence look at the capability. and Artillery guns with GPS guided amunition with a circular error probable (CEP) of around 10 m. is already in use with sewden, and US for more information here is a link:
M982 Excalibur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

16 rounds a minute i would think its automatic loading.

Two barrels could means that the reaction produced by one of the gun is used to load shell into the other.

Two autoloader for shooting two different types of ammunition at one point.

The gun provides automatic selection of appropriate types of ammo (HE-explosive, rocket-driven, smoke, etc.) and modular charges. Perhaps the use of different variable charge. Modular variable charge considerably expand, firing capabilities.

For self-defense on the roof is installed machine gun caliber of 12,7 mm, and on the sides of the tower are installed 81 mm smoke grenade launchers with electric control.

Back
Top Bottom