What's new

New doors open for PAF

Lets see how you guys pay for the MMRCA. The same goes for the MKI. Simply do some research and you will find out that all your purchases have also been financed and are still being paid for WITH interest. This is how the world works.

Blain-Sir, you're correct. And the interest payments are made from the country's forex reserves. India's forex reservers stand at USD 255 Billion as of Jan 2, 2009 even though they have actually dipped a bit since last year.

So I would not worry about India paying for her defence needs.;)
Gold pushes up India's forex reserves

Blain-Sir, you're correct. And the interest payments are made from the country's forex reserves. India's forex reservers stand at USD 255 Billion as of Jan 2, 2009 even though they have actually dipped a bit since last year.

Yes just as Pakistan makes the payments from the forex reserves for her purchases. My point was that every country in the world relies on financing of these purchases. Pakistan is no exception and neither is India. Secondly, just like you have your individual credit ratings in the west, nobody would be willing to lend to Pakistan if they deemed Pakistan's inability to pay as risky. This is not the case. For Pakistan the problem always has been market fluctuations and timing of inflows and outflows.

This the wrong thread for this..however you forgot something....most of india's infrastructure projects ($100 billion per year) were to be funded by private concerns that are now backing away. Your growth is below previous forecasts.

we are not worried at all;)

Yes just as Pakistan makes the payments from the forex reserves for her purchases. My point was that every country in the world relies on financing of these purchases. Pakistan is no exception and neither is India. Secondly, just like you have your individual credit ratings in the west, nobody would be willing to lend to Pakistan if they deemed Pakistan's inability to pay as risky. This is not the case. For Pakistan the problem always has been market fluctuations and timing of inflows and outflows.

What sort of payment will the Govt of Pakistan make out of 10Billion$ reserves?Nino's comments were a bit harsh but true,Pakistan will get the new Vipers as an aid from the US.

What sort of payment will the Govt of Pakistan make out of 10Billion$ reserves?Nino's comments were a bit harsh but true,Pakistan will get the new Vipers as an aid from the US.

Actually no they weren't.....the Blk 52's were paid for, as were the MLU kits The airframes were free but they would less $18 million (approx) per airframe anyway.

Correct me if I am wrong but I have read somewhere (one of the forums) that the Grippen has always been available for us. Someone said that even with ToT but we didnt buy it because 1. Its expensive 2. we do not have the technological/industrial base to benefit from the ToT 3. We chose china because we would like a gurantee of an uninterrupted supply of any spares in case of war.

Hi,

That is true. That is what was stated in the ACM's interview awhile ago.

I still believe that new doors would be opening but not in Sweden rather in Russia.

Just keep your fingers crossed.

If i read it correct some time back, Gripen was refused to Pakistan even though Musharraf personally asked for it. Now only when they are out of the MRCA list, they have come back to ground. It would have been better if we would have been able to struck a deal for the Gripen but that did not happen, now let us wait and watch what goodies does the Chinese have to place in our J-10.
Also as Mark said, after having J-10, JF-17 and F-16 we will probably look for a 5th generation fighter jet. India is already into a project and we sure don't want to be left behind.

as for the Grippen well i guess integrating such wide variety of fighters will be a headache is servicibility!!! see F-16 is AMERICAN, JF-17 & J-10 are Chinese...ok JF-17 sorry is pakistani so not a big issue there...and if we get the grippen involved in this dear god maintiaining all these diffrent platforms will be a nightmare!! so i guess we will probably stick to what we have and spend wisely on R&D...even though i long to see PAF eurofighters and rafale's or GRIPPENS in our air space...but i guess whatever does the job for us is good!! while i am sorry to say INDIA pays so much for high end technology not realising that currently the wars are going to be more non conventional...all u need is a decent fighter that can carry crusie missiles and decent BVR's. and please before someone thinks i am being naive i am just saying that yes it is good to have a high end fighter but with the technology improvements soon a generation of stealth fighters will become common. and look at the Indian SU-30's now that plane is an ELEPHANT...with its radar signature so big that you know it once it is airborne from its airbase!!

When block 52 F-16's were ordered Pakistan's reserves were around 15 billion dollars. Pakistan paid for them through there own pocket.

Price was great. What the real problem was the issue of sanctions. The Swedes could not provide any guarantees as the aircraft had American engine and parts in it. It was PAF's second choice in any case after the F-16. Once the F-16 tap was opened, PAF decided to get more of the Vipers. I do not think there are any plans to purchase any further western platforms beyond the F-16 (exception being F-35 if Americans allowed it down the road).
Basically the only Western platforms considered would need to be 5th generation...which leaves F-35 as the present defacto option. What do you think about the Saab Stealth Fighter Concept that was offered to South Korea? If key countries like say Turkey (their industry leaders said they're interested in another fighter consortium) started to show interest in the fighter, would PAF?

Taiwanmilitary.org :: View topic - Saab Offers Supercruising Stealth to South Korea

Basically the only Western platforms considered would need to be 5th generation...which leaves F-35 as the present defacto option. What do you think about the Saab Stealth Fighter Concept that was offered to South Korea? If key countries like say Turkey (their industry leaders said they're interested in another fighter consortium) started to show interest in the fighter, would PAF?

Taiwanmilitary.org :: View topic - Saab Offers Supercruising Stealth to South Korea

just a question here sir
a 5th gen plane will come very handy for paf in the near future there is no doubt about it,with the f-22,f-35,pakfa,mig, already out of the reach the option is either jxx or saab gripen but how many can pakistan afford to buy.
just a figure russia-india are jointly spending 24 billion for the pakfa.
i am sure even china or gripen will spend a fortune on these planes so it wont come cheap at all. how can pakistan afford such kind of a big investment in the near future is my question?
also if they dont get a 5th gen fighter pafs capabilty cannot be futher enhanced?:agree:

I still believe that new doors would be opening but not in Sweden rather in Russia.

Just keep your fingers crossed.

sir how would that be possible in case of military aviation?
all the present russian fighters are in IAFs arsenal,even the future ones
TTA,pakfa,mig lgfa all of them have heavy indian involvement so how does the military aviation industry of russia help pakistan.?

thanx

sir how would that be possible in case of military aviation?
all the present russian fighters are in IAFs arsenal,even the future ones
TTA,pakfa,mig lgfa all of them have heavy indian involvement so how does the military aviation industry of russia help pakistan.?

thanx

Engines, avionics, missiles etc etc

sir here is the latest gripen update.

Gripen Denies It Failed MMRCA Evaluation

Jan 16, 2009
By Neelam Mathews

Gripen is denying a news report in a local daily claiming the company will be left out of field trials for India’s Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) competition because it didn’t make the grade with the Indian Air Force’s Technical Evaluation Committee.

The technical report is said to have been submitted to the Indian ministry of defense in mid-November of last year. It now has to be approved by the ministry before the field trials can begin.

Eddy de la Motte, director of Gripen International in India, told Aerospace DAILY, “Whether any of the competitors has failed to meet the cut for field evaluation or not is a question that should be put to the Indian Air Force. We firmly believe the report does not have any basis and the news is incorrect.

“Gripen meets or exceeds every operational requirement raised by the IAF in all roles — air-to-air fighter, [beyond visual range/within visual range], air-to-surface land and sea, and reconnaissance,” de la Motte added.

The six contenders for the 126-aircraft program also include Boeing’s F/A-18E/F, Lockheed Martin F-16, EADS Eurofighter, Dassault Aviation’s Rafale and the Russian Aircraft Corporation’s (RAC) MiG-35.

“It defeats the purpose for the air force not to experience all the six aircraft,” one senior official said. “We have nothing to lose to check them all out.” This substantiates another source that tells Aerospace DAILY that all six contenders are scheduled to participate in hot/cold trials beginning in April.

There has been speculation that with India’s indigenous Light Combat Aircraft slated to enter production in 2012, the Gripen acquisition may become extraneous. However, Gripen says it is not competing with the LCA. “In fact, the LCA program could benefit immensely from this array of technology, which Saab is happy to transfer,” de la Motte said.

The Gripen IN is a medium-weight multi-role fighter aircraft with a maximum takeoff weight 16.5 ton. The company says it is on schedule for delivery ahead of the other aircraft in contention for the MMRCA program.

Gripen has indicated that a “wide range of state-of-the-art weapons can be sourced from manufacturers worldwide, giving the Indian Air Force freedom of choice by avoiding sole source supply constraints.”

Back
Top Bottom