New details released on Egyptian MRAP

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
New details released on Egyptian MRAP
by Jeremy Binnie

The ST-100 mine-resistant ambush-protected vehicle (MRAP) made by the Egypt-based International Marathon United Technologies (IMUT) is available in 10 modular variants, including ones armed with Chinese missiles, according to a promotional video from the manufacturer.

fg_3261554-jdw-6965.jpg

A still from the IMUT video shows the 10 variants of the ST-100. (International Marathon United Technologies )

Released by an unofficial source on 12 July, the IMUT video included computer-generated imagery (CGI) showing how the different mission modules can be changed in 45–60 minutes, with the powerpack being replaced in 25 minutes.

The anti-tank variant has a four-round launcher that raises from the rear compartment and appeared to be armed with the Poly Technologies GAM-102 anti-tank missile that uses an imaging infrared seeker to guide itself to its target. The IMUT video showed the missile being tested from a Dongfeng CSK141 light armoured vehicle but not an ST-100.

The precision attack missile variant was shown with two different types of weapon, one of which was seen labelled as the CM-501GA, another Poly Technologies product. The video included test footage that it said showed the missile hitting a target 41.3 km away with an accuracy of 0.12 m.

The other weapon resembled the CM-501XA loitering munition, which Poly Technologies says has an endurance of 30 minutes and a range of 70 km. Both the CM-501GA and CM-501XA can be carried in the same vertical launcher.

The CGI of the ST-100 mortar variant showed it with an 81 mm automated mortar system that did not appear to match a known Chinese product, although Norinco makes the Type 99 self-loading mortar.

Already a Janes subscriber? Read the full article via the Client Login
Interested in subscribing, see What we do

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/news-detail/new-details-released-on-egyptian-mrap

I was wondering when Egypt would start focusing on domestic industry. Looks like a good solid MRAP, really modular and flexbible in its capabilities. Already having concepts for an entire family in place, this is probably will receive a good amount of orders. Though the integration of Chinese systems is super dodgy.

Looks like Egypt has wide corporation with China.
I just saw this news: Egypt’s Locally Assembled MisrSat-II Satellite To Be Launched By China in 2022
MisrSat-II satellite is a technology transfer project between the Egyptian Space Agency and the Chinese government aimed at providing Egyptian engineers and scientists with an opportunity to acquire on-the-project experience in satellite design and integration using facilities available in Egypt.

Also what's wrong with those Turkey trolls in every thread to troll Russia/China? A beggar in NATO who beg everything from USA Russia China for Jets/SAM/Missile and then look down this look down that?

Yeah pretty much. Chinese systems arent exactly known to be reliable.
Does that include your T300 too?
So what are you saying, the JF-17 Thunder is super dodgy as well since it integrates all Chinese systems in it?
Hes Turk not Pak.. that said JF integrates Pak, Chinese aswell as some european systems.. its a modular system.

Yeah pretty much. Chinese systems arent exactly known to be reliable.
Maybe you should try some on you head..haha!

Don't forget B661M short range missile and opting HQ9 but dropped later due to nato pressure.
The truth is after the success of the HQ9 against the competition.. Turkey wanted a lot of ToT.. but china refused.. any serious person can still google this information..

Does that include your T300 too?

Hes Turk not Pak.. that said JF integrates Pak, Chinese aswell as some european systems.. its a modular system.

Yup. Thats why we developed it further into an MLRS system that is actually guidable called Kasirga-G. Chinese systems have gained a reputation for being dodgy in the Middle-East as a whole. Especially their drones whome have either have performed poorly and taking out of service very early or they straight up crashed. My comment isnt without merit or proof.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/why-no-one-wants-buy-chinas-ch-4-killer-drone-anymore-92546

Don't forget B661M short range missile and opting HQ9 but dropped later due to nato pressure.
Some of them has lost themselves after some achievement.

All for the technological knowhow and transfer of technology. That was litteraly the only reason and was clearly/openly stated as such. None of them were purchased for the systems itself, but for the benefits it brought our defence industry. Also the TR-300 is the Turkish version of B661M. And it payed off considering we know have our own Bora/Khan short range ballistic missile.

Yup. Thats why we developed it further into an MLRS system that is actually guidable called Kasirga-G. Chinese systems have gained a reputation for being dodgy in the Middle-East as a whole. Especially their drones whome have either have performed poorly and taking out of service very early or they straight up crashed. My comment isnt without merit or proof.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/why-no-one-wants-buy-chinas-ch-4-killer-drone-anymore-92546

All for the technological knowhow and transfer of technology. That was litteraly the only reason and was clearly/openly stated as such. None of them were purchased for the systems itself, but for the benefits it brought our defence industry. Also the TR-300 is the Turkish version of B661M. And it payed off considering we know have our own Bora/Khan short range ballistic missile.
B661M's turkey version is J-600t bm,TR-300 is a mrls system which originated from WS-1, to begin with, and you can have your personal opinion, I do not bother nor having time to argue but your writing is again contradicted itself.

B661M's turkey version is J-600t bm,TR-300 is a mrls system which originated from WS-1, to begin with, and you can have your personal opinion, I do not bother nor having time to argue but your writing is again contradicted itself.
Yeah you are right. I got the two confused. I stand corrected. The point still stands though.

Hes Turk not Pak..

I think everyone knows that. Not sure it matters in this discussion, unless you're saying that because he's a Turkish member, he doesn't suffer as much of the consequences from Pakistani members here as if he was an Egyptian or Indian or any other member would've said the same thing?

that said JF integrates Pak, Chinese aswell as some european systems.. its a modular system.

Either way, his point that "Chinese systems are shoddy" and the basic Chinese elements on that Egyptian MRAP are the missiles it uses, while the JF-17 is really the Chinese FC-1 and despite Pakistan assembling 60% of the airframe, current configuration is majority Chinese and especially all the A2A missiles are of the PL class and IIRC, ground munitions are also all Chinese made. So he's basically saying the JF-17 is shoddy and he seems to be sticking to that.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom