What's new

New Delhi police fire water cannon at India rape protest

bollywood is part of the problem for diminising social and human value. Its not part of the solution.

From when did values are determined by Movies.. India haters are okay with me.. but atleast bring a valid point to show your hate..

I wasn't paid by anyone, can you pay me? Where can I contact you?

Similarly I wasnt paid by anyone.

p.s.: I can pay you if you are one hot looking chick.

Similarly I wasnt paid by anyone.

p.s.: I can pay you if you are one hot looking chick.

How could you know they were paid then?

Send your mother to me and you don't need to pay me. Please give me your contact, you can PM me, my darling, sweetheart! Please, I love you, I want to be with you, darling, give me your address, please.

@ KS

You know I am a very hot looking girl, very sexy... sexy sexy sexy mujhe log bole... my ashiq, diwana, now please send your address through a PM, I won't disclose it. See, there will be discount for you only my haamsafar, I will agree with whatever payment you make, my jaaneman!

@Enemy Dude, you have lot to learn. I know you are emotional and charged up at the issue but you can learn a lot from these senior posters.

See, the protest was used to spread violence by Mauka Parast log to make use of this protest for political purpose. If you want to protest, protest in most peaceful way.

Spread awareness in youth to Vote in 2014 elections. Spread this in your hometown. Use Right to Information to ask how many cases are not solved and make it common knowledge. Pay money to few NGOs who are working for upliftment of women, who pays for legal fees of these victims so that they can afford good lawyers.

I know protest are good way to raise your voice but if you want to make your voice heard, use your youth power where it hurts the most to these political parties. Hurt their vote banks. Tell people who are loyal to a particular party and don't know about criminals fighting elections.

We have seen what happened to Anna Hazare movement. No LokPal bill passed. Why ? Because it was too ambitious. The whole system got united against the protestors. But if they have agreed for some departments especially lower class officers to be brought under LokPal and not gone directly for PM, we could have saved billions. Corruption money starts from bottom. Divide and Rule. One Lokpal would have been successful, they could have protested for other higher departments too.

Go for practical approach, cool headed. Otherwise this movement will die as Anti-Corruption movement. Learn from past mistakes.

@KS can tell you many things and a new perspective. Learn from them.

Don't take it otherwise. Think over it. Politics can only be defeated by Politics.

Last edited by a moderator:
67989_544479468898463_743254830_n.jpg

Well there goes the so called "peaceful" protest. Under no circumstances is this kind of vandalism acceptable...

@<u><a href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=142253" target="_blank">Enemy</a></u> Dude, you have lot to learn. I know you are emotional and charged up at the issue but you can learn a lot from these senior posters.

See, the protest was used to spread violence by Mauka Parast log to make use of this protest for political purpose. If you want to protest, protest in most peaceful way.

Spread awareness in youth to Vote in 2014 elections. Spread this in your hometown. Use Right to Information to ask how many cases are not solved and make it common knowledge. Pay money to few NGOs who are working for upliftment of women, who pays for legal fees of these victims so that they can afford good lawyers.

I know protest are good way to raise your voice but if you want to make your voice heard, use your youth power where it hurts the most to these political parties. Hurt their vote banks. Tell people who are loyal to a particular party and don't know about criminals fighting elections.

We have seen what happened to Anna Hazare movement. No LokPal bill passed. Why ? Because it was too ambitious. The whole system got united against the protestors. But if they have agreed for some departments especially lower class officers to be brought under LokPal and not gone directly for PM, we could have saved billions. Corruption money starts from bottom. Divide and Rule. One Lokpal would have been successful, they could have protested for other higher departments too.

Go for practical approach, cool headed. Otherwise this movement will die as Anti-Corruption movement. Learn from past mistakes.

@KS can tell you many things and a new perspective. Learn from them.

Don't take it otherwise. Think over it. Politics can only be defeated by Politics.

Oh come on, everybody knows the protests turned violent. But did you ask, why it took violent? Why did the police start violence in the first place? Nobody came to Delhi to fight the Delhi police. Do you know how it feels to be water cannoned in this winter? How it feels if you get hit in your head by a iron like rod? How it feels when a teargas shell hits you and you get burns? The people were already angry even before they came to India Gate.

Above all, can you just tell me why there were no female cops despite the fact that the front line protesters were women and girls.

@Enemy it was typical case of using the protest by selfish politicians to make it violent. It brought down the protest credibility in eyes of common men. You know why ? Because people will see injured protestors but also the injured policemen. We have seen sympathy for that constable too.

I don't criticize protests but I think there are way better ways to make change. Look at FB, people who were chanting for anti-corruption, moved to Kasab hanging then this hang the rapists to retirement of Sachin.

If you want to make change, go for longer, steady but effective way. Strategies should be made if you really want to change this country. People have now forgotten 26/11 victims and will flock to see Indo-Pak cricket matches. People have forgotten illegal immigrant BD population which is also a matter of grave concern. When Amir Khan was on show on female infanticide, everyone got so hyped up and now no one cares.

Protest in front of auditions of serials like Roadies. Take information of MLA and other opponents of him and inform about them to the general populace.

Understand the psyche of people whom you want to influence and where you want to bring the change. Spark posted a good article, Problem is not with the law, problem is within us. Look at all the materialistic things presented on TV. Sex, drugs and violence projected as cool symbol. Look at Emran Hashmi's movies. Many idiots idolize him, how he go and forcefully kiss the girl and girl falls into love with her.

Go deeper in the problem. To the basic causes of these evils of society. On this forum you will get many posters who can tell you the things which can actually work. This you can use to educate people around you.

Its a good thing, that the international community is now aware of of india's rape epidemic.
Rape epidemic ? Would you stop scoring brownie points on this issue. You already had your fun on one thread started by you.

@Enemy it was typical case of using the protest by selfish politicians to make it violent. It brought down the protest credibility in eyes of common men. You know why ? Because people will see injured protestors but also the injured policemen. We have seen sympathy for that constable too.

I don't criticize protests but I think there are way better ways to make change. Look at FB, people who were chanting for anti-corruption, moved to Kasab hanging then this hang the rapists to retirement of Sachin.

If you want to make change, go for longer, steady but effective way. Strategies should be made if you really want to change this country. People have now forgotten 26/11 victims and will flock to see Indo-Pak cricket matches. People have forgotten illegal immigrant BD population which is also a matter of grave concern. When Amir Khan was on show on female infanticide, everyone got so hyped up and now no one cares.

Protest in front of auditions of serials like Roadies. Take information of MLA and other opponents of him and inform about them to the general populace.

Understand the psyche of people whom you want to influence and where you want to bring the change. Spark posted a good article, Problem is not with the law, problem is within us. Look at all the materialistic things presented on TV. Sex, drugs and violence projected as cool symbol. Look at Emran Hashmi's movies. Many idiots idolize him, how he go and forcefully kiss the girl and girl falls into love with her.

Go deeper in the problem. To the basic causes of these evils of society. On this forum you will get many posters you can tell you the things which can actually work. This you can use to educate people around you.

Rape epidemic ? Would you stop scoring brownie points on this issue. You already had your fun on one thread started by you.

You have to keep in mind that the protests were spontaneous and without any leaders to guide them. It was not some NGOs or some political parties who took the initiative to rally the masses comprising youth, young girls and boys of colleges, schools and universities. I like what Mr Kabir Bedi said yesterday that it is the first uprising of the 21st Century Indian Youth. But then, if some political parties came to support it, then what is wrong with it? The agenda was common and that is the safety and security of women across India. What was Ramdev asking for? What was Kejriwal asking for? What were the young girls asking for? They didn't go to the North Block to ask for jobs or roti or kapra or makan. They never asked for food or shelter from the Govt. They asked for safety and security which they have every right to ask for from the Govt. That can be ensured if the Govt enacts tougher punishment for rapists and provide maximum security to women. Death penalty for rape crime is a deterrence, the only effective deterrence that can be available in India. I am not opposed to death punishment because I won't rape anyone.

And may be Roadies adopted a controversial method but I don't think Raghu is anti liberalization of women. The guy is a different kind of person. In fact, the message that Raghu was sending to the society is to establish equality for women, liberalize women. The method is perhaps wrong as it tried to achieve that through the use of patriarchal symbolism, the gaalis which directly attack female gender were used in the shows and that was uncalled for, I am with you on this. You cannot achieve gender sensitization through a process of abusing the already oppressed gender.

I don't know how cinemas are contributing more to the subjugation of women in society, yes, there are portrayals of women where women who are submissive, patibrata, gharelu, who, you know, worship their husbands, pour water on the tulsi plants, always agrees with whatever their husbands ask for, always ready to surrender, I think, this patriarchal masculinist ploy is more dangerous to womenkind than how many times Imran Hashmi kisses his heroines on the screen.

I am very disappointed with the Govt's role in this mass movement. I agree with what CNN IBN anchor Sagarika said yesterday that the capital Delhi is not for common people, Delhi is all about pomp and glory which are empty and the girls just busted the bubble that democracy is at work in India.

@ Krait,

And so far as the basic causes of evil are concerned, you must know that they cannot be eradicated at once and in one day. They take time and efforts. Yes, if Govt wants it can abolish Khap Panchayat system in one day if it means sending Army and bring the Khap areas under strict military rules. Just one day, the Khaps will vanish, I am telling you, because you know the Khaps will suddenly see their testicles are not with them as soon as they find a military machine approaching. In other areas, it is the role of the police to nab the culprits and bring them under laws. The society should also respond and I think the movement shows the society is ready to respond if the Govt shows sincerity.

First of all, we need to have harshest punishments for anyone who breaks the laws by oppressing women. Death for rape crime is a must.

It's turning into all out caste warfare! The lower castes have had enough of the corrupt and inept babus!

I heard that in China, death sentence is given to the rapists. If true, I think, I appreciate the role of the Chinese laws. In China, women are entirely liberated. Chinese society is the ideal society for women.

I heard that in China, death sentence is given to the rapists. If true, I think, I appreciate the role of the Chinese laws. In China, women are entirely liberated. Chinese society is the ideal society for women.

..yes ...there even the men are emasculated ....so its really a good place for women. :tup:

@ Krait,

And so far as the basic causes of evil are concerned, you must know that they cannot be eradicated at once and in one day. They take time and efforts. Yes, if Govt wants it can abolish Khap Panchayat system in one day if it means sending Army and bring the Khap areas under strict military rules. Just one day, the Khaps will vanish, I am telling you, because you know the Khaps will suddenly see their testicles are not with them as soon as they find a military machine approaching. In other areas, it is the role of the police to nab the culprits and bring them under laws. The society should also respond and I think the movement shows the society is ready to respond if the Govt shows sincerity.

First of all, we need to have harshest punishments for anyone who breaks the laws by oppressing women. Death for rape crime is a must.

errrr...what has 'Khap Panchayat' got anything to do with this ? Do the panchayat members go around advocating Rape ?

....while we are at it, how about abolishing the 'All India Muslim Law board' ..testicles are all...?

Back
Top Bottom