What's new

New book on PAF

Really, sir? I thought that Tornado ADV was dubbed the original "MRCA". I know this because Canada was part of the project initially, along with Britain, Holland, Germany and Italy (or was it France?). Then The Canadians opted out for the F-18, the Dutch opted for the F-16 and only the Brits and the Germans were left, with the design of the aircraft done entirely by the Brits. I imagine that if so many countries were involved in the design of Tornado ADV, then surely, it must have has MR capabilities?

Based on what I know, it's MR capabilities are not as good as those of fighters such as F-16 etc. It does a superb job in surface attack roles due to its ability to fly extremely low and fast. However in air-interdiction etc. its limited. Although the RAF have equipped the aircraft with BVRAAM and now will be integration HOBS AAMs, it is still a surface attack platform.

I wonder if i buy the new book how long will it take to reach the US and how safe is it doesnt seem like its a safe site! :(

The site is safe. As to how long to the US, ask someone who has received it in the US via postal mail. I am sure it is quicker than it is getting to Pakistan from UK (that is if you order it from UK).

Eval of Tornado is mentioned in the new book. However the Su-27 and Mig-29 evaluation is covered in Book #2 in fair detail. Both of these aircraft were evaluated in detail by the PAF in Russia (PAF did not like the Mig-29 but wanted Su-27 upgraded before purchasing but geo-political considerations got in the way). I suspect Tornado was most probably declined on the basis of its dedicated role and lack of MR capability.

All three books are great. I like the first two even better than the third one for all of the information. However from a pictorial perspective, the third one has the most.

The third one also mentions PAF participation in other Multilateral exercises besides Anatolian Eagle (KSA, UAE - Tactical Leadership Forum) along with USAF, RSAF, UAEAF, and RAF with PAF F-16s and Mirage IIIs flying in exercises with UAEAF Blk-60s, Mirage 2000-9s, RAF Typhoons, Tornados etc.

Get it if you can. Its well worth it to make it part of your collection.

which #1 and 2 are u referring to?

I wonder if i buy the new book how long will it take to reach the US and how safe is it doesnt seem like its a safe site! :(

they use royal mail so it should be no issue - 1 week max but the problem is that the book is in high demand - already the first two printings have been sold out.

which #1 and 2 are u referring to?

The story of the PAF 1947-1988

The story of the PAF 1989-1998

This third one has been taken on by Alan Warnes as a project but it is supposed to be a continuation of the previous two. All were sponsored by AHQ.

Last edited:
Really, sir? I thought that Tornado ADV was dubbed the original "MRCA"

The MRCA became the Tornado IDS (Interdictor/Strike) fighter-bomber. Four countries have used it: UK, Germany (Luftwaffe and Marineflieger), Italy & Saudi Arabia.

The RAF went onto develop the ADV variant to replace the Lightning and F4 Phantoms for UK air defence role. Developed as the F.2 & F.3 its is currently still in use even though most of the squadrons are now retiring. The most recent being 43 Sqn just 2 weeks ago, leaving only 111 Sqn & 1435 Flt in service.

The ADV was used by Saudi Arabia and temporarily by Italy on a lease deal.

The story of the PAF 1947-1988

The story of the PAF 1989-1998

This third one has been taken on by Alan Warnes as a project but it is supposed to be a continuation of the previous two. All were sponsored by AHQ.

thx
i have them both!:enjoy:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom