What's new

New Automatic 70cc Motorcycle Launched in Pakistan

:hitwall:

Business and sentiment's are two different as well as opposite things. whenever you will try to bring one into another, the result will be disastrous for you.
"abhi b time hay sekh le ham ye baat to guzara ho jaaye ga. nahe to lety raho chinese 18 number assembled bikes" wo b 60-70 hazar me.

I don't think he was serious, well at least I hope so otherwise I wouldn't have thanked him.

Actually new stuff is coming but people in Pakistan are also part of the problem. Companies in Pakistan are trying to give new stuff even if that means cosmetic changes, still people want to buy the old stuff.
Here is an example:
honda-cg-dream-black.jpg

Honda-CG-125-2017.png

Both of these above bike are from Honda, both have same engine, they are also equal in price however the above was introduced much latter to give it a more modern look compared to the bottom one since its the same since 80s apart from few small changes. Yet the above model could not make market while the bottom is even sold in black. Can you imagine that?
Same happened with YBR 125. Its also much modern compared to the crap above but it still could not even produce a dent in 125 sales.
These are the two models of Yamaha 125 in Pakistan
Yamaha-YBR-125-Price-in-Pakistan-Specs-Speed.jpg

10.png

Other companies are also trying like Road Prince a local company brought this:
1616000d1441709826-road-prince-wego-150cc-supercharged-most-advanced-motorbike-pakistan-11146659_10154303902995961_3172072376214717802_n.jpg

This is a 150cc bike but still it did not capture any market. So than companies stop trying to experiment and carry on with what is popular in the market. A bike on which 5 people can sit. 3 on seat and 2 on tank. lol
Sorry for the long reply.

It seems the better ones can't get into the proper market share because of the exorbitant prices of two wheelers in Pakistan. Is there any particular reason why even crappy bikes are priced so high there?? I have been out of India for quite some time, but I remember we used to get decent bikes like Pulsar, Karizma, Suzuki Samurai, Discovery, Yamaha 150 etc. at a very reasonable price..

Speaking of nostalgia,
Samurai, Shogun, Yazdi, RX100.

I think Honda Navi should be launched in Pakistan. It has a long seat + tank (so that four people can sit), and there's space for much stuff below tank.
Wheels are small though. It's a transformed scooter.

Pakistan loves utility, as explained by the old design's success over new. Gimmicks won't work.

The only way Pakistani bikes will immediately reform is by allowing Hero, Bajaj, Mahindra and TVS in. They're good at cutting costs and it'll immediately make the market competitive. But that won't happen. So wait for the slow and steady economic reform.

The auto-sector in Pakistan is booming, especially with investments from renowned foreign companies such as Volkswagen, Volvo and more.

The motorcycle segment of the auto industry is also overseeing a spurt of investments. Given as how not everyone is capable of affording a car, motorbikes represents a more realistic option.

Just like how cars have moved towards achieving effectiveness and cost efficiency, motorbike manufacturers in Pakistan are also aiming to emulate that and expertise towards semi-automatic or completely automatic gearboxes, which are rarely found here.

Not long ago Superpower, introduced a clutchless/automatic scooter in Pakistan. However, it did not fare well at the time.

Now, Union Star is bringing the same technology to its recently launched 70cc bike. The technology is particularly useful for older people and female drivers, as it makes bikes very simple to operate.

dd.jpg

Unlike normal bikes, these automatic motor-bikes have no gearbox, kick and clutch. The 70cc bike utilizes a direct-drive technology for its operation.

According to numerous sources, the 4-transmission bike is packed with a single cylinder engine and can hold up to 9 liters of petrol.

The price of the bike has not exclusively been established but the sources also claim that it will cost around 45,000 rupees to own Union Star’s new 70cc automatic motorbike.

cc.jpg

aa.jpg

Automatic Bikes: The Good and the Bad

The advantage of the automatic bike is that it requires minimal effort to start and most people prefer that. Living in dense areas, it becomes a hassle to up and downshift in quick successions. Since there is no feedback required from the clutch, the bike runs as you give it throttle. Given this, it will be much easier to learn for new bikers.

bb.jpg

However, the automatic bike might not achieve popularity because people tend not to leave their comfort zones and manual transmission is what they are accustomed to. Although the automatic bikes will be much easier to operate, they will still require a change in mindsets.

It is a proven fact that bikers prefer a simple bike such as Honda CG125. There are numerous reasons for it as every roadside mechanic understands the bike and more importantly, it’s fully assembled in Pakistan – adding an economic factor.

Another reason why people may pass over this newly introduced automatic vehicle is that will require specialized mechanics. Part replacement for automatic bikes are expected to be much higher since they aren’t assembled in Pakistan. On the other hand, since everything is automatic and there are slightly less moving parts, it removes the human factor to eventually improve the reliability of such parts which tend to break down because of inexperienced riders.

Credit: PakWheels

Very old technology but atleast they start from somewhere. Good work but need a very long run

It seems the better ones can't get into the proper market share because of the exorbitant prices of two wheelers in Pakistan. Is there any particular reason why even crappy bikes are priced so high there?? I have been out of India for quite some time, but I remember we used to get decent bikes like Pulsar, Karizma, Suzuki Samurai, Discovery, Yamaha 150 etc. at a very reasonable price..
Government taxes, monopoly of Honda and Suzuki which were producing two wheelers in Pakistan originally before Chinese factor came in. Kawasaki left long ago and so did Yamaha. Yamaha has only returned two years back.

Government taxes, monopoly of Honda and Suzuki which were producing two wheelers in Pakistan originally before Chinese factor came in. Kawasaki left long ago and so did Yamaha. Yamaha has only returned two years back.

Well, you need some local manufacturer in JV with foreign makers. Chinese products used to be crappy but lately they are producing some good stuffs as well..

I remember, Indian auto & bike sector also used to crappy back in the 80s with only HM Ambassador & Fiat JV (Premier if I remember correctly) in our wheeler & very limited imported scooters & close to none good bikes. Then came the JVs (Maruti Suzuki, Hero Honda etc.) followed by fully local manufactures..It changed the scenario completely.. specially w.r.t. two wheelers..

Similar approach will probably bring down cost as well as develop local capability in manufacturing good quality products..

Back
Top Bottom