What's new

New anti-submarine and maritime surveillance aircrafts of China spotted

HavocHeaven

Reaction score
credit: HZ568 @ China.com Forum
20111117_b264855f9434a6d5458bad9f7Prp7q6v.jpg

20111117_f63d98aa4624f467521dBdJZ0A8DTrBI.jpg

20111117_2e2a24decc4800751a2aF2X6veQkxNuD.jpg

A typical anti-submarine aircraft with magnetic anomaly detectors and underbelly weapon bay.

33bppw2.jpg

10mii4p.jpg

It was rumored that a much-needed ASW variant of Y-8 (Y-8Q/High New 6?) similar to American P-3C has been under development since 2007, but it has yet to enter the service with PLAN. The aircraft is believed to be based on Y-8 Catagory III Platform with a fully pressurized cabin, four 6-blade high efficiency blades and horizontal tailplanes with small vertical stabilizers. It also features a large chin radome housing a surface search radar and a FLIR turret underneath the forward fuselage. A pair of MAWS sensors are installed on both sides of its nose cone. A series of antennas are seen on top of forward fuselage and underneath the rear fuselage for communication and ELINT purpose. Two pairs of RWR antennas are installed at the tip of the vertical tailfin. The most noticeable feature of Y-8Q is a MAD sting on its tail. Its lower fuselage in the mid-section of the aircraft has been modified extensively to house an internal bomb bay for carrying light torpedos even AShMs. Two large windows are seen in the rear fuselage for observation purpose. Currently at least two Y-8Q prototype have been built by SAC.

nice plane
Pakistan navy try to adopt this as a replacement of p3c Orion

any Chinese member tell what is the status of American PC3 that was forced to land in China.

Well it is built over the same platform which is used for our AWACS Y-8. I think we can not rule out some input from Pakistan in it and yet the platform commonality is their ... even its blades looks the same as we ask them to put up in our AWACS, I don't know it has to do something with it but it seems that Chinese appreciates what they learn with their partnership in defence with Pakistan ...

I am looking forward for C-919 to be in market and become mature enough so it can be used similarly to Boeing 737 and its other 2 engine variants in different defence platform configurations such as AEWACS, Elint, ASW, Refuellers etc.

any Chinese member tell what is the status of American PC3 that was forced to land in China.
It was an EP-3 SIGINT plane. The plane was taken apart and sent back to United States.

It was an EP-3 SIGINT plane. The plane was taken apart and sent back to United States.

Yes you are right that was SIGINT ... and that means their will be Pakistani input in this aircraft for sure ... having a question in my mind ... is this coming towards us later on :woot: ...

^^^ because we have been operating western defense hardware for too long ... The same is true for JFT too

The long boom at the end is definitely a housing for MAD.

But isn't this the same platform as the PAF's new AEWACs? Albeit, a bit modified...

^^^ because we have been operating western defense hardware for too long ... The same is true for JFT too

So you are saying that Pakistan is giving access/inputs to China on all Western hardware Pakistan is using including P3C-Orion ?

HavocHeaven, Excellent News, Thankyou, my long hunt finally comes to an end, searched & asked many non had any knowledge if China was even working on better MPA Platform. Hopefully it would be equally superior or close to to P3-C Orion.

Any Information if China has any plans for Poseidon P-8 like Platform. Future C919 looks excellent platform.

Why is it going to have Pakistani input? for sure? :undecided:

Mairay bhai we are Operating P3-C Orion for a long time like we are operating F-16 for a long time :) so you can see the input in JFT ... and their are a few thing which I don't want to discuss here due to its controversial nature ... and people ignore the facts as they pass through under their nose ...

Additionally, as we see our relation with USA is deteriorating continually so we have to diversify our interests ...

Back
Top Bottom