What's new

Nepal was and will remain Hindu nation says BJP VP Renu Devi.

I could soo relate with you. But in Nepal these simple indigenous people are being easily manipulated by ethnic leaders to gain stronger political access. They are taught nothing but hatred for Khas Arya, who happen to have dominated Nepal's socio-ecomonic status for a really really long time. On one hand most of our top leaders and bureaucrats who happen to be from Khas-arya have thoroughly enjoyed corruption and the other hand the education and awareness level of indigenous people is low which is why they haven't been able to compete with khas-arya. But ethnic leaders are using this dissatisfaction of indigenous people over ruling caste as a whole to gain political career.

Nepal doesn't have BJP. RPP is pro-monarch pro-hindu party which right now in Nepal is fourth largest party.

Modi on his last visit gave 30 mins speech where he emphasized more on consensus with minority party i.e. Maoist and ethnic parties. Maoist along with ethnic parties have created a united morcha , who is vying for secularism. Since, its Nepal's matter I don't think Modiji can do anything about it.
But support from Delhi do boost up political party's morality.

We don't have any political party that will improve country's economy , infrastructure at the same time also believes in hindutva ideology . RPP is only pro-hindu party but these people are using religion in politics just to build up their political party and nothing else. A good political leader would never nominate controversial figure as MP , just because he is his brother. I have no expectation from these people.

That is where your current PM has to focus.
The biggest problem Nepal is having right now is that there are politicians without any consensus on the Constitution formation.

You need to have a broad agreement on forming a constitution; something that makes reason for all parties (all except maybe the crazy Maoists).

PM Modi was there to firm up ties with fringe elements because he knows that he has the confidence of the bigger political parties of Nepal and doesn't have to worry about our common ties being hampered by them.

What Nepal needs is to have a united ideology where it is declared a Hindu state (I am sure the Buddhist population of Nepal is comfortable with that, I visited your country many times) and to have a robust economic development agenda.
For example, most people know here that our PM is proud of his culture and his country's traditions and that we don't have to worry about missionary or muslim dominance culturally here under him.

But people elected him for development and creating job and wealth in India.

Nepal's tourism infrastructure can easily be joined with the infrastructure development going on here in India. The Buddhist circuit is already being prepped up. However, we don't know what is your government doing about connecting the roadways and a single express system for tourists to easily make it from India to Nepal in a seamless travel.

That will ensure that both the countries have a revenue generation system which at the same time is tough on rogue elements which can threaten peace and safety of our peoples.

Nepal needs infrastructure. And you need to do something about the maoist terrorists. Believe me, those morons will take your country down to ruins.

They are anti-development, anti-consensus and anti-Nepal itself. Your country won't go very far away if they ever come even close to power.

Make a strong Constitution that can define the political environment in Nepal so that no Maoist can takeover.

Nepal should be Hindu rashtra.But being a Hindu rashtra doesnt mean disprecting the minorities.(unlike certain countries)

Erm...Not really. Namo wants ruling parties to come to an agreement with minorities in CA who wants ethnic states as well as secularism. RPP being the other minority wants to revive Hindu as state religion of Nepal. Ruling parties have already agreed on secularism but they are standing firm against ethnic states. Reinstating hindu country status of Nepal would be "spraying pepper on wounds" of indigenous which might go wrong in alot of way.

Nothing. Religion and ethnicity were kept away from politics which is why it was fairly a stable country.
Non-hindus were equally respected. No non-hindus were harmed for their "non-hindu" status, must be the reason why even some fraction of Muslims wants to revive Nepal's hindu state status.

Then you have all the more reasons to get this done.

Because if you don't, missionaries will break your country alone the lines of created artificial diversity.

Remember there are a lot of poor families in your country and you cannot afford division and wars.

Since all minorities are also happy with the status, then what is wrong?

This is not as important to you right now but believe me, looking at India you have all the reasons to do it now before it is too late.

That is where your current PM has to focus.
The biggest problem Nepal is having right now is that there are politicians without any consensus on the Constitution formation.

You need to have a broad agreement on forming a constitution; something that makes reason for all parties (all except maybe the crazy Maoists).

PM Modi was there to firm up ties with fringe elements because he knows that he has the confidence of the bigger political parties of Nepal and doesn't have to worry about our common ties being hampered by them.

What Nepal needs is to have a united ideology where it is declared a Hindu state (I am sure the Buddhist population of Nepal is comfortable with that, I visited your country many times) and to have a robust economic development agenda.
For example, most people know here that our PM is proud of his culture and his country's traditions and that we don't have to worry about missionary or muslim dominance culturally here under him.

But people elected him for development and creating job and wealth in India.

Nepal's tourism infrastructure can easily be joined with the infrastructure development going on here in India. The Buddhist circuit is already being prepped up. However, we don't know what is your government doing about connecting the roadways and a single express system for tourists to easily make it from India to Nepal in a seamless travel.

That will ensure that both the countries have a revenue generation system which at the same time is tough on rogue elements which can threaten peace and safety of our peoples.

Nepal needs infrastructure. And you need to do something about the maoist terrorists. Believe me, those morons will take your country down to ruins.

They are anti-development, anti-consensus and anti-Nepal itself. Your country won't go very far away if they ever come even close to power.

Make a strong Constitution that can define the political environment in Nepal so that no Maoist can takeover.

UML leader KP Oli right now is the strongest voice in the parliament. First he is no-nonsense guy and second he dismisses away other party's claims and views so easily. One one hand this is giving very powerful and strong stand to the ruling party but on the other hand his "whips" against ethnic based federalism and is making him very unpopular among among ethnic parties. Opposition are using his remarks as a "Superior Pahadi mentality" to oppress the minorities.
Here is one of his remarks on ethic based federalism. A kid demands you to buy a plastic blag. You'll. Now he demands you to buy elephant. You still can. But now if he asks you to put the elephant into the plastic bag. It's impossible to fulfill his demands.
And you know he is correct we have eighty ethnic groups in Nepal and giving ethnic states to just few of them will lead to greater uncertainty. Besides, Maoist being a communist are busy discussing about caste, ethnicity and religion. And UML being the other communist is standing firm against ethnic based federalism where few ethnics will have their states and minorities of the minorities will be unheard of like today. UML is prioritizing on inclusive society where as Maoist wants exclusive society like ethnic based parties. And taking examples from around the world Ethnic parties is never at the best interest of the nation. They want secular nation but caste prioritization. If a country has no religion then how can a country have caste?
Religious minorities are not so very vocal about secularism. The ethnic leaders [ethnic minorities] are loud about it.
They worship Shiva and claim themselves "first settler of Nepal" but call themselves non-hindu. They are turning a blind eye to fact that Hindus was name given by foreigner to the settlers of Ancient Indian civilization. So, anyone who is part of ancient Indian civilization who lived from Himalayas in the north to Lanka in the south is hindu. And hinduism is not exactly a religion but a way of living.
Sad thing is these racist politician are gaining support from people especially minorities. They clap at their racist remarks. They tease us for our long nose. They call us immigrants from Kashmir. But the fact is these people are fiirst settler of eastern Nepal. Us khas arya re the ones who settles first in western Nepal. But I don't know why we are fighting on these.
They call our nation builder PN Shah a rapist, cruel and try to demoralize our proud figure again and again. These sick, wild mentality is being fueled by Maoist for their selfish reasons.

Like I told you before I was up for secular and no-monarch country before. BUt seeing these donkeys making fool out of us again and again, I wish we were Hindu nation with king so that we could get over their power-sharing fight and finally focus on infrastructure development that have been stalled for so long.
My father use to say Kathmandu although smaller was better developed city of south asia during Panchayat [single party system where king was most powerful] but now other cities seem to have left us far behind. But with parties like Maoist up front who literally have no development agendas in Nepal and uneducated, unaware, racist group of people fighting in the name of caste, ethnicity and religion, stability in Nepal for now seems like far fetched dream. And without stable government how can infrastructure ever get better and how will we ever know who has capacity to develop our country?

Hey bro I'll be honest here, as an observer the way things are going over at nepal these days i don't think that even if majority people would want nepal to be a hindu nation it would be possible. You have fallen into the secular bait. What now rational youth of the country should do instead is that secularism doesn't become a veil for appeasement/proselytization/dirty politics and this needs stringent rules/norms to be put in place (though am a bit skeptical about how successful such a written norms would be in practical as is the case with India).
I'm not a boy to begin with :). If these people continue to keep Nepal under uncertainty I cannot guarantee the hindu nation status won't be revived again. We have kept quite for a really long time. But our silence won't last for ever.

Back
Top Bottom