What's new

Nepal was and will remain Hindu nation says BJP VP Renu Devi.

Viva

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
The only hindu country of world, Nepal was declared secular without people's consent after people movement in 06. Renu Devi advised against secularism and ethnic states. This gave hope to pro-monarchist RPP who wants to revive monarchism along with hinduism as Nepal's state religion. What are your thoughts? Should Nepal continue be secular like India [which Maoist and indigenous leaders call progressive] or revive back hinduism in country where 80 percent follow Hinduism?

Why post this in the Indian defence section? Post it in "World affairs", because this is a Nepali issue that has nothing to do with India or Indian defence.
Sorry I'm newbie here.

Sorry I'm newbie here.
Hopefully one of the mods will move this to the appropriate section.

Anyway why don't you give your views, to set the ball rolling?

I'm a proud hindu and I think I made my views crystal clear in the question itself.
I wouldn't say crystal clear.

Also, as important as mentioning your view, is to give reasons for holding that view. That would begin a discussion - otherwise it's just an assertion.

Whatever people of Nepal decide.
It's not that easy bro because we are not just Hindu in Nepal. Minorities want secularism. Majority wants hinduism as state religion. Making minorities unhappy might lead to more unstability and making majorities unhappy is going to be disaster.

I wouldn't say crystal clear.

Also, as important as mentioning your view, is to give reasons for holding that view. That would begin a discussion - otherwise it's just an assertion.
Nepal being hindu nation once where monarch was consider god was declared secular via first CA election. No consent was taken from people neither any consensus was done. We've been trying to write new constitution since 7 yrs but the topics like ethnic states and secularism has halted the process for more than 6 years already. The parties have failed to come to a conclusion.Also I would like to add that Nepal is kind of mini India. We have almost everthing India has [ good or bad] but to a lesser extend. So, my question is how successful has secularism and ethnic states been in India? And do you think it would work well in Nepal ?Or will that lead to more uncertainty?
I supported secularism and republicasm before. But now I've realized we had one king who did few as opposed to having 6-7 kings who are doing nothing. Also during monarch ethnicity and religion remained untouched by politics. But now it's being badly misused.

Nepal is Hindu rastra. India is a lost cause as certain minorities have created an environment so that any dharmic follower is a pariah in their own country.
True. Some indigenous here worship Shiv but call themselves non-hindu. Infact these people keep on humiliating us and our religion in social website . Whereas some muslim fraction wants Nepal to be declared hindu rastra again.
Even Nepal is on same path as India bro, ruling parties don't want to disappoint minorities because during maoist insurgency, maoist had huge support from indigenous. And bringing these monkeys to peace was to accept their demands. So eventually just like hindus of India , its hindus of Nepal would be the one sacrificing.

If Pakistan could be the lesson then I would advice Nepal against become any sort of religious State because in Pakistan the level of Intolerance Reached its peak quite recently and now we are trying Take it down by Force. The intolerance is not confined to Minorities but also on Sectarian level and that is what taking a toll mostly. In Nepal's case IMO Hindus Caste Intolerance would be something they need to deal with if they become Hindu Nation. So its better to stay Secular and Practice your religion freely instead of getting Involved in something that could conflicts. Pakistan Tried but see What happened as whole Islamic Republic thing got Hijacked by Illiterate Clarics and now we are trying to reclaim it.

If Pakistan could be the lesson then I would advice Nepal against become any sort of religious State because in Pakistan the level of Intolerance Reached its peak quite recently and now we are trying Take it down by Force. The intolerance is not confined to Minorities but also on Sectarian level and that is what taking a toll mostly. In Nepal's case IMO Hindus Caste Intolerance would be something they need to deal with if they become Hindu Nation. So its better to stay Secular and Practice your religion freely instead of getting Involved in something that could conflicts. Pakistan Tried but see What happened as whole Islamic Republic thing got Hijacked by Illiterate Clarics and now we are trying to reclaim it.
Thank you for your input. It really was a different perspective.

Nepal is Hindu rastra. India is a lost cause as certain minorities have created an environment so that any dharmic follower is a pariah in their own country.

No more a lost cause. Modiji has reversed the sickular trend. The biggest useful outcome has been that most of the youth now understands the the pseudo sickular nonsense they were fed under Kangress. I used to be sickular myself, but Modiji made me open my eyes. The only hindu sickulars left in the country are those born in arundhati roy type "liberal ,intellectual families"

Back
Top Bottom