What's new

Nepal to be Hindu state after BJP wins India polls'

you are a nobody your opinion does not matter we do what we want !go look after your own interest first before poking your nose into others

My opinion did matter to you since you frivolous responding to what I stated.

I'm not offer you any advice on Napal relation, I just pointed out India still consider a 3rd world nation shouldn't dream of any grandur ambition, use your time to think how to elevate your own people out of their misery first.
Going by your logic,dont you think you should be worried about $17 trillion US debt then? We can take care of ourselves, you watch your own back.

Going by your logic,dont you think you should be worried about $17 trillion US debt then?

US government will or will not pay off the national debt nobody ever know. As a matter of fact U.S 17 trillion national debt haven't hinder US population way of life. Majority of US population don't suffer as much as Indian population even with a enormous amount of debt incomparison to Indian suffer with poverty ridden society.

US government will or will not pay off the national debt nobody ever know. As a matter of fact U.S 17 trillion national debt haven't hinder US population way of life. Majority of US population don't suffer as much as Indian population even with a enormous amount of debt incomparison to Indian suffer with poverty ridden society.

Will or will not pay?? Not the brightest bulb on the tree ehh ?? You should have paid more attention in your economics classes.

So, now genius, tell me, how does anything that you have said so far, stop two countries from dissolving the border, if they wish to?

Will or will not pay?? Not the brightest bulb on the tree ehh ?? You should have paid more attention in your economics classes.

So, now genius, tell me, how does anything that you have said so far, stop two countries from dissolving the border, if they wish to?

Who said any nation want to stop India annex other independent nation. All I said India try to annex any nation with powerful military force will suffer defeat like India did in 1962 war. You mention US national debt, my respond to you can U.S completely pay off the debt or how US government will write off the debt no one will ever know.

Who said any nation want to stop India annex other independent nation. All I said India try to annex any nation with powerful military force will suffer defeat like India did in 1962 war. You mention US national debt, my respond to you can U.S completely pay off the debt or how US government will write off the debt no one will ever know.

India stands for peace we do not wish to annex any other nation by force !

If millions of Bangladeshis can live in India illegally then why not millions legally with more land also. Poverty will decrease more fast with this.

Firstly, the debt is not to US government that they can write it off.Half of that is to China.

Secondly, you should really concentrate on history of the subcontinent(apart from you Economics) before you start blabbering.We have already taken Indian lands by force when it was necessary.Go, read about Nizam of Hyderabad and Portuguese colony of Goa.

Thirdly, who said anything about annexing Nepal ?

Hah! I've read so many comments on this forum about Nepal and there seems to be ZERO perspectives from anyone from Nepal. Let me fill that void.

Firstly, Nepal became secular in 2008 after the monarchy was deposed. It opened up the public space for groups that have traditionally been left to the periphery of the Nepalese state. We have an overwhelming number of Hindus (as a % of the population, more than in India) but our identity is strongly tied to the state aka Nepal. Talk to any Nepalese person and you'll get a sense of how much we love our country (not necessarily the government, as in many cases throughout South Asia).

Secondly, even if the BJP wins the elections in India, it is highly unlikely that Nepal will revert back to a Hindu state. The very protector of the Hindu identity of Nepal was the monarchy and with its abolishment, Nepal's Hindu identity was also transformed into a secular one. Although people profess to the Hindu faith in overwhelming numbers, religion is yet to be politicized in Nepal (and hopefully, it never will. We've seen what has happened with our neighbors). Thus, all this mumbo jumbo being spewed by the ultra nationalist Hindu right wingers in India do not resonate with Nepalese Hindus (most of the time; we have such people in Nepal too but they are a fringe group). The three largest parties in the Constituent Assembly are the Nepali Congress (centre right party with deep connections with India's Congress Party), the United Marxist Leninists (UML - moderate communists), and Maoists (used to be ultra left wing but they've moved closer to the center). The Rastriya Prajatantra Party (RPP) is a pro-monarchist party and it came in 4th with miniscule number of seats.

Given the reality on the ground, the fear of Nepal reverting to a Hindu state is highly unlikely. In my opinion, we are better off as a secular state as we are a very diverse country. Also, please stop it with calling for annexing Nepal to India. We're two nationalities and the Nepalese (and I'm guessing rational Indians) would like to develop stronger ties between the two states. Just because most Nepalese are Hindus doesn't automatically mean we want to be Indians, just like being Muslim doesn't make one a Saudi. We became a state in 1769 and our identity is deeply entrenched.

Lot of talk about BJP/RSS & Nepal here.

Let me give you an insider's view.

We want Nepal to be independent/self sufficient and on their own.

But if Nepal allows China to meddle in the region,we ll not show any mercy just because Nepal has a lot of Hindus.

We have a big issue with Maoists and if Nepal doesn't fix the issue of its political party,we wont be sitting n watching.

Hah! I've read so many comments on this forum about Nepal and there seems to be ZERO perspectives from anyone from Nepal. Let me fill that void.

Firstly, Nepal became secular in 2008 after the monarchy was deposed. It opened up the public space for groups that have traditionally been left to the periphery of the Nepalese state. We have an overwhelming number of Hindus (as a % of the population, more than in India) but our identity is strongly tied to the state aka Nepal. Talk to any Nepalese person and you'll get a sense of how much we love our country (not necessarily the government, as in many cases throughout South Asia).

Secondly, even if the BJP wins the elections in India, it is highly unlikely that Nepal will revert back to a Hindu state. The very protector of the Hindu identity of Nepal was the monarchy and with its abolishment, Nepal's Hindu identity was also transformed into a secular one. Although people profess to the Hindu faith in overwhelming numbers, religion is yet to be politicized in Nepal (and hopefully, it never will. We've seen what has happened with our neighbors). Thus, all this mumbo jumbo being spewed by the ultra nationalist Hindu right wingers in India do not resonate with Nepalese Hindus (most of the time; we have such people in Nepal too but they are a fringe group). The three largest parties in the Constituent Assembly are the Nepali Congress (centre right party with deep connections with India's Congress Party), the United Marxist Leninists (UML - moderate communists), and Maoists (used to be ultra left wing but they've moved closer to the center). The Rastriya Prajatantra Party (RPP) is a pro-monarchist party and it came in 4th with miniscule number of seats.

Given the reality on the ground, the fear of Nepal reverting to a Hindu state is highly unlikely. In my opinion, we are better off as a secular state as we are a very diverse country. Also, please stop it with calling for annexing Nepal to India. We're two nationalities and the Nepalese (and I'm guessing rational Indians) would like to develop stronger ties between the two states. Just because most Nepalese are Hindus doesn't automatically mean we want to be Indians, just like being Muslim doesn't make one a Saudi. We became a state in 1769 and our identity is deeply entrenched.
you make more sense than most people here, number does not matter. welcome to pdf. :)
There is no popular sentiment in India for either nepal to be hindu state or to annex it with India. We already have our hands full with people few states wanting to opt out of union. And nepalis are quite anti India, so it will be impossible to rule even if we take it. Most importantly it will make us look stupid give no advantage either to us or nepalis and also remove the buffer between china and us.
Such stupid comments about a foreign country should be rejected officially by BJP spokesperson.

This singhal type mofos should be sent to hell. These idiots always create problem for BJP with their big black mouths. Idiots!!

Peoples of Nepal will decide whatever they want..
huka.gif
India.gif
Hey, how do you posted that Indian Flag, i couldn't find it in Emoticons.

Back
Top Bottom