What's new

Nehru and Congress betrayed Netaji

@scorpionx ......... people usually read into sentences what they wish to see based on their preconceived notions and prejudices. I just want to highlight it so that the next time you do not demolish a straw man by mistake.

1. The Brits left us after the war BECAUSE of Netaji's effort.

2. The Brits left India ONLY because of Netaji's effort.

First sentence indicates the Brits left us specifically after the WAR because of Netaji's effort.

Second sentence indicates that the British would have anyway left India even without the war. (which is not true, since they had no intention of doing it) and that ONLY Subash babu had a role to play in India's independence. Clearly that would not be true as it disregards the vaste, wide and long period of the freedom struggle (more than 100 years) and its heroes.

Netaji was the culmination of all those efforts and he struck the final blow. He won the Final BATTLE in the WAR for Independence.

Peace out.

@scorpionx ......... people usually read into sentences what they wish to see based on their preconceived notions and prejudices. I just want to highlight it so that the next time you do not demolish a straw man by mistake.

1. The Brits left us after the war BECAUSE of Netaji's effort.
2. The Brits left India ONLY because of Netaji's effort.

First sentence indicates the Brits left us specifically after the WAR because of Netaji's effort.

Second sentence indicates that the British would have anyway left India even without the war. (which is not true, since they had no intention of doing it) and that ONLY Subash babu had a role to play in India's independence. Clearly that would not be true as it disregards the vaste, wide and long period of the freedom struggle (more than 100 years) and its heroes.

Netaji was the culmination of all those efforts and he struck the final blow. He won the Final BATTLE in the WAR for Independence.

Peace out.

As we both are immensely admirer of Netaji, so leave this debate out here as it is and happy republic day :-)

@Manvantaratruti Agreed that the British were extremely callous in their attitude insofar as the Indian famine goes. But it was more due to apathy and less due to any concerted attempts at Genocide, which the Nazis and the Japanese Empire indulged in. The famine was also due to a drought caused by failed Monsoons and consequent loss of crops, something which the British hadn't deliberately engineered. They only messed with providing relief.

I don't think so many pics of the famine justify Netaji's attempts to woo the Germans or the Japanese into India as a hedge against the British. I'm sure one can find plenty of pics detailing the crimes and genocidal activities of both Nazi Germany and Empire of Japan too.

Nope. failure of monsoons aside, Churchill kept diverting foodstock for the war effort while famine conditions continued. Having said that the core premise of the thread is trash. Gandhi was the undisputed leader of the congress. Netaji's approach did not gel with Gandhijis, so he got Netaji out and kept him out. That is his prerogative as the leader of the movement, his vision is what drives the party, he doesn't have to accommodate anyone else's, especially if it so violently contractor to his own.

Nope. failure of monsoons aside, Churchill kept diverting foodstock for the war effort while famine conditions continued. Having said that the core premise of the thread is trash. Gandhi was the undisputed leader of the congress. Netaji's approach did not gel with Gandhijis, so he got Netaji out and kept him out. That is his prerogative as the leader of the movement, his vision is what drives the party, he doesn't have to accommodate anyone else's, especially if it so violently contractor to his own.

When Netaji was democratically elected by the congress as their leader, he replaced Gandhiji as the undisputed leader of the congress. ...............or does facts have no bearing while rewriting history ?

As we both are immensely admirer of Netaji, so leave this debate out here as it is and happy republic day :-)

No better day than today for remembering our heroes. Happy Republic day to you and all Indians on pdf too.

Last edited:
When Netaji was democratically elected by the congress as their leader, he replaced Gandhiji as the undisputed leader of the congress. ...............or does facts have no bearing while rewriting history ?

No better day than today for remembering our heroes. Happy Republic day to you and all Indians on pdf too.

I have warned you several times not to quote my posts bot

Hard to say. Gandhi never held the position, but was the undisputed leader. Netaji might have been more influential than Nehru/Patel, but not Gandhi.
And with that influence, it was Gandhi's right to keep someone who so opposes his views out. And that he did. Had Netaji comparable influence as Gandhi's, he would not have been thrown out so easily.
Secondly, Netaji's approach wasn't acceptable to the majority of the country, given the kind of culture country has. That was the reason why Gandhi had such large following, much larger than Netaji ever amassed.
Third, I find it hard to believe that such an idiot, an idealistic fool as Nehru can conspire to such levels!

Hard to say. Gandhi never held the position, but was the undisputed leader. Netaji might have been more influential than Nehru/Patel, but not Gandhi.
And with that influence, it was Gandhi's right to keep someone who so opposes his views out. And that he did. Had Netaji comparable influence as Gandhi's, he would not have been thrown out so easily.
Secondly, Netaji's approach wasn't acceptable to the majority of the country, given the kind of culture country has. That was the reason why Gandhi had such large following, much larger than Netaji ever amassed.
Third, I find it hard to believe that such an idiot, an idealistic fool as Nehru can conspire to such levels!

the best parallel would be Anna Hazare and Kejriwal. Gandhi was like Hazare and AK like Netaji but the difference of opinions were MASSIVE to say the least. I would never agree with Netaji's hypothesis that you can ally with a racist b@strd like Hitler and it won't have consequences. If hitler had won, he would have wanted to exploit India to make up for lost war resources and use 'inferior' Indians as slaves-maybe gas us later on. High likelihood he would have assassinated Netaji to get him out of the way.

Last edited:
the best parallel would be Anna Hazare and Kejriwal. Gandhi was like Hazare and AK like Netaji but the difference of opinions were MASSIVE to say the least. I would never agree with Netaji's hypothesis that you can ally with a racist b@strd like Hitler and it won't have consequences. If hitler had won, he would have wanted to exploit India to make up for lost war resources and use 'inferior' Indians as slaves-maybe gas us later on.
Keji with Subash chander Bose? Are u nuts?
If Hitler had won ? Given the geographical location of Germany and India he would have faced bitter failure, with Netaji as leader. People assume anything for their convenience.

the best parallel would be Anna Hazare and Kejriwal. Gandhi was like Hazare and AK like Netaji but the difference of opinions were MASSIVE to say the least. I would never agree with Netaji's hypothesis that you can ally with a racist b@strd like Hitler and it won't have consequences. If hitler had won, he would have wanted to exploit India to make up for lost war resources and use 'inferior' Indians as slaves-maybe gas us later on.

I would not even go that far. Violence itself, even before allying with the Nazis was wrong. I prefer the Gandhian way, cause non-violence suite us better culturally.

Keji with Subash chander Bose? Are u nuts?
If Hitler had won ? Given the geographical location of Germany and India he would have faced bitter failure, with Netaji as leader. People assume anything for their convenience.

Ifs and buts. You think Germany after defeating entire Europe would have failed in India? What you said is clear assumption though. And imperial Japan was worst.

Ifs and buts. You think Germany after defeating entire Europe would have failed in India? What you said is clear assumption though. And imperial Japan was worst.
U think after fighting entire world the Nazis and Japs would be strong enough to fight us? Now u are assuming too....

Also why are u people just not taking into account that Netaji was not begging Germany to fight for us he was asking for assistance. "Enemy of my enemy is my friend"

I would not even go that far. Violence itself, even before allying with the Nazis was wrong. I prefer the Gandhian way, cause non-violence suite us better culturally.

I agree. But I'm saying even for those aggressive people who look at Netaji's route as revolutionary- that direction was truly a disaster. One of the jokers here tried too argue that it was Netaji's activities that gave India freedom- the Allies crushed Hitlet and Co, Nuked Japan and were in every mood to 'clean up' the remnants of the Axis with 'exemplary punishment'. Nehru and I believe even Jinnah worked hard to get the British to review their attitude towards AHF.

U think after fighting entire world the Nazis and Japs would be strong enough to fight us? Now u are assuming too....

Silly question

Silly question
If it doesnt suit u it becomes silly right?

agree. But I'm saying even for those aggressive people who look at Netaji's route as revolutionary- that direction was truly a disaster. One of the jokers here tried too argue that it was Netaji's activities that gave India freedom- the Allies crushed Hitlet and Co, Nuked Japan and were in every mood to 'clean up' the remnants of the Axis with 'exemplary punishment'. Nehru and I believe even Jinnah worked hard to get the British to review their attitude towards AHF.
However I agree with u on the above post

Back
Top Bottom