What's new

Need travel advice to India and Pakistan :)

@ guns part..... u aint raymond davis u know.....lol...... if u get caught this time...... thn ur goin to the big house....LOL.

u can even try your guns at some pakistanis and all you have to do is to get inside us or french embassy :lol:

mmmmmmm all suspicious places so you might go under strict scrutiny here

Common Jana.... once he is in Pakistan all other suspicions dilute to of no effect. ;)

In somalia, the government sends bodyguards with you while travel and you can carry any sort of gun you want. (I just said that as general information. I didnt mean india and pakistan are like that.) Please can we get back to talking about places to visit and cuisines? I am really looking forward to this trip.

I dont like to get any tour operators because i find them very restricting.

It all depends what you are going to India for? If that has not been decided yet, then pick up a recent edition of a "Lonely Planet' guide. They work very well. Even I've used one to travel in India.
Needless to say--------Do not make the mistake of carrying a gun in India, or anything resembling a gun.

It all depends what you are going to India for? If that has not been decided yet, then pick up a recent edition of a "Lonely Planet' guide. They work very well. Even I've used one to travel in India.
Needless to say--------Do not make the mistake of carrying a gun in India, or anything resembling a gun.

thanks for the reply. I was very fascinated by a thread on kerala in this forum. It had such amazing pictures. I am also interested in goa.
Right now i am trying to get a feel for the whole subcontinent nothing else. Like i said, forget the firearms part. What is lonely planet?

Welcome to Pakistan and dont worry about fire arms if you visit KP province of Pakistan we can provide you if you just want for some hunting :) if for security then you dont worry its all ok it will be our responsibility to protect ya .

what are the "must visit" places? And "must try" food?

Tin man nobody seems to be interested in guiding you...

okay first you will have alot of problem getting Visa of PAKistan for sure, Insurance is out of question(honestly no company will give you), I am assuming same conditions that our british/jewish guests face. lastly if you get visa, land on Islamabad,

if you want to interact with people, you need to have a local friend with you...

Fata, Kashmir, Balochistan is out of question (its the most beautiful place bytheway), second is Gilgit Baltistan in the North, that is the best place to visit...and you would definitely love fairy meadows,Hunza its for sure Shangri-la.

Adventure Packages

The best way to absorb and observe the local culture in India is to travel by Indian Railways. Land in Kerala or TN and travel up north by train. You will never forget this experience. I can't speak for Pakistan but if I were you I would love to go to Baluchistan.

How about the capital city?

Wat abt it?
Try saidpur village,dameney koh,cafes,etc

Visit azad kashmir----nelum valley-mir pur...
Balouchistan--Quetta,Zhob,Sibbi,hingol,etc
Punjab-Multan,lahore,fsd-muree-abbotabad..thandiani etc
NWFP-swat,kaghan,naran,peshawar,chitral.etc
Gilgit baltistan=skardu,gilgit,hunza etc

Back
Top Bottom