What's new

Need travel advice to India and Pakistan :)

yeah we cant afford going on cars ;) but bikes have adventure in tours we already have visited kaghan valley before :D now planning for skardu :D

Man thts tough.... i cant even imagine cycling to the market....lol...... n ur talkin abt Gilgit Baltistan...

Man thts tough.... i cant even imagine cycling to the market....lol...... n ur talkin abt Gilgit Baltistan...

yeah its tough but its great adventure too yar :D sum places where jeep and car cant reach u can go there on bike easily :p only land sliding areas coz sum problems but rarely :D

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

i dont know what cities to visit. I prefer countryside.

u can have a tour to my pind ( village) near indian jammu border :D its awesum place :D

The month of July is already in to the Monsoon season in Southern (e.g. Kerala) and Western (e.g. Goa) India, when there is rain in these parts but is cooler than summer. While Northern India can be quite humid and hot then. See how that suits you. Overall, the best time of the year for Europeans to visit India is October-January.

i dont think heat and humidity is a big issue for me but i would like to avoid it if i can. Also how safe is it for female travellers?

if you want to visit india take a good amount of time out make sure to visit madhya pradesh here are some pictures of it (city wise)
jabalpur dhuandhar the waterfall is on marble mountain visit it on full moon night and see the magic of this place it shines like hell
2458227717_b6a5fe0ce6.jpg

dhuandhar-waterfalls-jabalpur-madhya-pradesh-CE15_l.jpg

bhopal
tajulmasjid.jpg

b_bhopal_lake.jpg

2821034749_20fbae1bff_b.jpg

gwalior
gwalior-full.jpg

Gwalior%2BFort.jpg

jai-vilas-palace-gwalior-i.jpg

yeah its tough but its great adventure too yar :D sum places where jeep and car cant reach u can go there on bike easily :p only land sliding areas coz sum problems but rarely :D

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

u can have a tour to my pind ( village) near indian jammu border :D its awesum place :D

i was never too good with two wheelers. And i think cycling is too much work. Another friend of mine tried cycling tour in some place from india. She told all she could "absorb" was the smoke.

here is offical site of kaghan valley for tourists

Visit Kaghan | Home

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

i was never too good with two wheelers. And i think cycling is too much work. Another friend of mine tried cycling tour in some place from india. She told all she could "absorb" was the smoke.

well we are going on motor bikes not by cycling :D we are not that much crazy :D

i dont think heat and humidity is a big issue for me but i would like to avoid it if i can. Also how safe is it for female travellers?

its very safe i see hundreds of lone female travelers in india but avoid going to states like up bihar they are not as good as others

here is offical site of kaghan valley for tourists

Visit Kaghan | Home

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

well we are going on motor bikes not by cycling :D we are not that much crazy :D

i thought you meant cycling when you said bike. it sounds good.

Female travellers in pairs or a group, not much to think about. If accompanied by a male, then GRRR!
Only single female travellers may be vulnerable; in some parts of the country or in some modes of transport. In that case, most times it is more of the unwanted visual attention than physical. Most low-budget tourists in India travel in pairs or a small group. That also helps to balance out the economics. And travellers in this category also tend to use local attire, which is thinnish loose cotton clothes without collars for instance. Cheaper to buy and maintain that during travel and also more comfortable while helping to remain less conspicuous. More prosperous tourists have no problems at all, since they hire air-conditioned cars where the driver is a guide cum guard. So that is absolutely fine for single females. BTW, you cannot hire cars in India for self-drive (because of insurance regulations) but the car-hire rates (even with a driver) is lower than Europe most times. In Goa, there is an interesting facility available, you can hire a motor-bike or motor scooter for self driving, if you are going to spend some time there. The Hirer may ask for some security and then will charge you per-diem. Of course you need to carry your diver's licence to do that (with an International endorsement preferably from your country). But, AFAIK, that works only in Goa.
Don't forget to check out-----http://www.lonelyplanet.com/. Many of your questions can find answers there.

Back
Top Bottom