What's new

Need travel advice to India and Pakistan :)

thanks for the reply. I was very fascinated by a thread on kerala in this forum. It had such amazing pictures. I am also interested in goa.
Right now i am trying to get a feel for the whole subcontinent nothing else. Like i said, forget the firearms part. What is lonely planet?

"Lonely Planet" is a set of International travel gudes, especially meant for budget travellers and back-packers. The information is comprehensive and covers everything from Culture, Customs, Social Norms, Food, History, travel requrements, Hotel and Hostelry info with addresses-contact info-standards and rates(current or nearly current), Intercity travel arrangements etc. These guides are made for different parts of the world, by the Lonely Planet staff who actually travel and verify the information given to them or collected by them. The editions are updated regularly. And the information is good, I've had a chance to check that out, as have non-Indian friends who have travelled to India.

Check out this link:
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/

what are the "must visit" places? And "must try" food?

Sajji,sohbat,khadi kebab,malai tikas,lassi,nehari,degi chicken,mutton pulao,afghan pulao,namkeen ghost,charsis chappal kebabs,cheese filled naans... lots!!!

qilla saifullah has awesome apples lol...zhob has the juiciest grapes..... quetta has the best saji and dry fruit...

Dude tell us which cities u want to visit.. n we will tell u abt the awesome places to visit.

Come to Lahore in Pakistan. Stay in PC (Pearl Continental) and then move to Khewra. Do visit the Salt mines, as they are the world's best and most beautiful ones.

Then move to Karachi and other places.
Visit Islamabad in the end, and than move to Kasur, and cross border.

when u r coming to pakistan ??? we have plan to visit north areas on bikes if ur interested then do tell us we will guide u surely :D

This june on pakistan from baaden wurttemberg. I dont think direct travel to india is possible from there so i might have to go go via dubai transit. Anyway i set aside july for india.

june july is best months to visit pakistan's northern areas which are piece of heaven on earth .. first come to lahore then enjoy its old mughal n bristish archi , visit walled city of lahore and have some food from there lahore is famous for its variety of foods u can go to food street in anarkali lahore for that purpose and must visit coco's den cafe in hera mandi .. u must stay near to that area so i will recommend u to stay in PC hotel or hotel one on mall road lahore :D ...

after lahore i will recommend u to go for islamabad by bus or by private car its up to u .. in islamabad u have variety of places to visit . after islamabadits up to u how u wana go to northern areas by air or by road .. if u want to go to kaghan valley u can hire sum cab from islamabad kaghan valley is one of the most beautiful areas of pakistan ... and if u want to visit gilgit skardu etc than i will recommend u too go by air coz journey is too long and by road would be expensive but by road u will experience world's highest karamkoram highway :D well i think u need a month too cover more places of pakistan

This june on pakistan from baaden wurttemberg. I dont think direct travel to india is possible from there so i might have to go go via dubai transit. Anyway i set aside july for india.

hmmmm we have plan to visit northern areas from 9th july to 19th july 10 days tour but we are on bikes :)

hey tin r u german or french?

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

hmmmm we have plan to visit northern areas from 9th july to 19th july 10 days tour but we are on bikes :)

LOL tryin to save petrol money.. ahahah

Jokin

june july is best months to visit pakistan's northern areas which are piece of heaven on earth .. first come to lahore then enjoy its old mughal n bristish archi , visit walled city of lahore and have some food from there lahore is famous for its variety of foods u can go to food street in anarkali lahore for that purpose and must visit coco's den cafe in hera mandi .. u must stay near to that area so i will recommend u to stay in PC hotel or hotel one on mall road lahore :D ...

after lahore i will recommend u to go for islamabad by bus or by private car its up to u .. in islamabad u have variety of places to visit . after islamabadits up to u how u wana go to northern areas by air or by road .. if u want to go to kaghan valley u can hire sum cab from islamabad kaghan valley is one of the most beautiful areas of pakistan ... and if u want to visit gilgit skardu etc than i will recommend u too go by air coz journey is too long and by road would be expensive but by road u will experience world's highest karamkoram highway :D well i think u need a month too cover more places of pakistan

yes my friend genya once visited pakistan. He said it was one of the most exotic places he ever been to. But he couldnt stick around for much sightseeing. He came with a a group to scale the himalayas from pakistan. I dont like heights.

The month of July is already in to the Monsoon season in Southern (e.g. Kerala) and Western (e.g. Goa) India, when there is rain in these parts but is cooler than summer. While Northern India can be quite humid and hot then. See how that suits you. Overall, the best time of the year for Europeans to visit India is October-January.

hey tin r u german or french?

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

LOL tryin to save petrol money.. ahahah

Jokin

yeah we cant afford going on cars ;) but bikes have adventure in tours we already have visited kaghan valley before :D now planning for skardu :D

document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function () { // Check if the popup has been shown before if (!localStorage.getItem('youtubePopupShown')) { // Replace YOUR_VIDEO_ID with your actual YouTube video ID var youtubeURL = 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77WM3ujhvJ4'; // Open the YouTube video in a new popup window var width = 560; var height = 315; var left = (screen.width / 2) - (width / 2); var top = (screen.height / 2) - (height / 2); window.open(youtubeURL, 'YouTubeVideo', `width=${width},height=${height},top=${top},left=${left}`); // Set the flag in localStorage to indicate the popup has been shown localStorage.setItem('youtubePopupShown', 'true'); } });
Back
Top Bottom