What's new

Near pakistan border, Deesa could turn into full fledged IAF airbase: Official

Deesa air base (supposed) is well in the range of A-100MRLS

range.jpg

xinsrc45209050109465782er6.jpg

Good stuff , we just have to deploy a few dozen A-100s in the vicinity , btw what air crafts are you guys going to station there , MKI's ?

That is quite a smart idea, Mr. Researcher.:tup:;)

Oh, BTW; what is the weight/armament of the MBRL warheads?
You're gonna see them bouncing off the runways and hardened shelters like tennis balls!

Its ok if we put LCA closer to border, but then we will have a higher attrition rate. We will lose more aircraft and pilots, in case of a war.
Our LCA can not take on the F-16s so easily. On the other hand our Su30s can take care of anything from the other side of the border.

We don't need to keep our aircraft safe, hidden inside our territory. We need to put them close to border, to deny the enemy any gain.

But Tejas being a point defence fighter should be able to face F-16 right?

Actually it suits the MRLS launchers. But rockets are not usable in these situations. Rockets are used when the target is within sight, or there is nothing between the target and the launcher.

Rockets don't have active guidance. They need to be guided using co-ordinates, which sometimes can be inaccurate, and which is why they are used only as an alternative for artillery. Inaccurate, but lots of rockets to be fired to do collateral damage.

Quite right there!
The MBRLs can hardly be termed as PGMs. Their only purpose is to create some kind of 'rain of destruction' in an area. With the caveat that it will be destruction of infantry, partly hardened structures and soft-skinned vehicles only. Kind of rudimentary 'shock and awe' weapons.

OK. Good you realize the mistake.

You didnt get that line...Or did you ?? Cause it was not aimed at you.

You said something even more stupid than last time but as you said leave it. So. Leave it.

:cheers:

Think about it..as I said. You wont find that stupid. Only if you 'think' about it.

Last edited:
But Tejas being a point defence fighter should be able to face F-16 right?

point defense, multirole, air superiority, these are just roles. It doesn't make an aircraft superior to another in any respect.

Secondly, LCA won't be stationed on border. It will spend sometime in peace areas like south, so that experience can be gained on it, and pilots get enough flying hours on it. This way they will be able to evaluate it completely, and find out its pros and cons.

Thirdly, Tejas can not take on an F-16. The newer F-16s of PAF are very good, and can only be taken on by Mirage 2000-9, MKIs, or Mig 29 SMT.

Out of these only MKI is available as of yet.

So it got to be MKI or MRCA winner.

How about MRCA on the border..

I wish F/18 or Eurofighter on the borders...

yeah..good luck with that..:hitwall:
Taking out a full fledged airfield by Rockets id an excellent strategy..:devil:

Sir, Pls check his designation, he is a researcher. I hope their Armed forces are not working on such advises.

Thirdly, Tejas can not take on an F-16.
true
LCA won't be stationed on border.
true
I don't think MKI will be stationed there because they are meant for deep penetration. Might be the 1st squadron of MRCA. But as you said we got only mki right now, so they might stationed there.
Also i think, base will take a couple of years to be functional and i think by then we might get mirage. Mirage upgradation will not take long but all that that matters is when it will start.

i think mrca winner fighters will be deployed on deesa base. in future they will be joined by FGFAs. but MKIs will not be deployed on this base. they are meant for china.my opinion is only 20 FGFAs will be deployed on this base.

Thirdly, Tejas can not take on an F-16. The newer F-16s of PAF are very good, and can only be taken on by Mirage 2000-9, MKIs, or Mig 29 SMT.

I will not say blindly that it cannot be done.

Depends on the day and more importantly the F-16 version.

point defense, multirole, air superiority, these are just roles. It doesn't make an aircraft superior to another in any respect.

Secondly, LCA won't be stationed on border. It will spend sometime in peace areas like south, so that experience can be gained on it, and pilots get enough flying hours on it. This way they will be able to evaluate it completely, and find out its pros and cons.

Out of these only MKI is available as of yet.

saar!ji no offence but how many F-16 are in PakistanAF inventory ?? if am not wrong it's between 45-60 in combat ready ?? their hands are more than full with HALWARA,JODHPUR,SURATGARH got 2 sukhoi SQN each ,and to me PAF NOT THAT STUP to let face J7 and MIRAGE4 to MKI are they ??FOR them its always gonna be HI-LO mix.

IAF too ALWAYS PUT INTERCEPTOR WITH AIR SUPERIORTY SQN,thats a know fact ?? i gotta my coushin in airforce posted in jamnagar said that next year there will be a full SU-30mki,right now the strength is 12.

I don't think MKI will be stationed there because they are meant for deep penetration. Might be the 1st squadron of MRCA. But as you said we got only mki right now, so they might stationed there.
Also i think, base will take a couple of years to be functional and i think by then we might get mirage. Mirage upgradation will not take long but all that that matters is when it will start.

Ok. So tell me, why do deep penetration aircraft need to be stationed away from border?
I can't get that logic u applied there.

Also Mirages won't be placed there.

I will not say blindly that it cannot be done.

Depends on the day and more importantly the F-16 version.
I can be done, we know that. But out of 10 engagements, F-16 would win 7, I guess that's a probability in its favor, and we need not take risks, when we have something that can tilt the game in out favor.

saar!ji no offence but how many F-16 are in PakistanAF inventory ?? if am not wrong it's between 45-60 in combat ready ?? their hands are more than full with HALWARA,JODHPUR,SURATGARH got 2 sukhoi SQN each ,and to me PAF NOT THAT STUP to let face J7 and MIRAGE4 to MKI are they ??FOR them its always gonna be HI-LO mix.

60-70 F-16s and all of them capable. Our enemies will strike our weak links. We don't want anything weak on our borders.

MKIs are good to handle anything they've got. Stationing MKIs way inside our borders has no advantage, we are not trying to save them. They are war machines, and they gotta do their job.

i just don't understand why are you discussing about what Aircrafts would be stationed there??

I don't think any one here is anymore Indian. Is this a joke to you??? Telling your capability to an outsider???
NOnsense!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom