What's new

Naya Pakistan: News and Developments

Ignorance breeds ignorance. He really ought to be put in quarantine, indefinitely.

Pakistan has too many News channels and media is out of control, fixing it should be the top priority of the government. Government need to create strong laws against lies and false news by 3rd class news channels. There is no law for social media and anyone can say anything against government, army and courts.
NO!
That is against democracy.
There should be Libel and Slander laws, but those should be civil with no criminal component.
Everything else falls within free speach and should be allwoed.

NO!
That is against democracy.
There should be Libel and Slander laws, but those should be civil with no criminal component.
Everything else falls within free speach and should be allwoed.

We have 33 news channels now and every year number is increasing. If it continues we may end up with 100 news channels in next five years. There has to be a way to control it.

We have 33 news channels now and every year number is increasing. If it continues we may end up with 100 news channels in next five years. There has to be a way to control it.
Why?
Are you some kind of God or Prophet who can tell us what is good and what is bad?
Why do they need to be controled?

If they break the law, take them to court. Otherwise, they have the right to say what they want. That is the foundation of Democracy.

Without government support the smaller channels will themselves die out or be bought by other channels. Let market forces determine how many channels should stay.

However, if any channel is involved in anti-state activities than the whole might of the state should fall on it. GEO should be the first to go.

Why?
Are you some kind of God or Prophet who can tell us what is good and what is bad?
Why do they need to be controled?

If they break the law, take them to court. Otherwise, they have the right to say what they want. That is the foundation of Democracy.

Luke, i am your father.
F* democrazy, what has it given us? Corrupt mafia, money laundering, IMF loans, Ayan Ali and Billo Rani???

Action should be taken from FIA and PEMRA against those TV channels who are getting Foreign funding and from anti-state elements. NAB should take action against those lifafa anchors with assets beyond means. There should be a separate policy for social media.

Luke, i am your father.
F* democrazy, what has it given us? Corrupt mafia, money laundering, IMF loans, Ayan Ali and Billo Rani???

Action should be taken from FIA and PEMRA against those TV channels who are getting Foreign funding and from anti-state elements. NAB should take action against those lifafa anchors with assets beyond means. There should be a separate policy for social media.

Democracy is the worst form of government... except for all the others.

I agree, illegal activies need to be punished.
But the deff, dumb, and blind will never change anything.
freedom of speach is vital for our survival as a nation.

Democracy is the worst form of government... except for all the others.

I agree, illegal activies need to be punished.
But the deff, dumb, and blind will never change anything.
freedom of speach is vital for our survival as a nation.

Everything can change, only neyat and commitment is needed.

you must be very young to be this idealistic.

I respect that.
I think you are wrong, but I respect your idealism.

Same illiterate unskilled workers go to Dubai and they don’t throw trash on the street, they don’t steal or rob people, why?

Back
Top Bottom