What's new

Naya KPK | News & Updates on the development in KPK.

I would like to suggest KPK govenrment to follow Lahore. We have formed a committee called Dilkash Lahore and the Lahore Walled City Authority (LWCA). They keep an eye on encroachments and get funding from Punjab Government + World Bank + Agha Khan to preserve historic sites.

They can use Punjab Govt. as a role model in this case. Let me make this thing viral.

996862_10151723776243383_1427369091_n.jpg

9. Conversion of street lights to Solar power: Rs 100 million

The one with the most importance IMO. Province wide or only in select cities?

I would like to suggest KPK govenrment to follow Lahore. We have formed a committee called Dilkash Lahore and the Lahore Walled City Authority (LWCA). They keep an eye on encroachments and get funding from Punjab Government + World Bank + Agha Khan to preserve historic sites.

Are they an anti-encroachment team or a beautification one?

About Electircity in KPK Budget

1. Construction of 4 hydroelectricity projects (457MW)

Is that the total production capacity of all 4 projects or of only one?

If it is combined total, then I would say I am somewhat disappointed, need to have around 200MW each. There's next year though.

wow Education budget from 6billions to massive 66billion. Excellent move:tup:

Guys one thing to be noted is that there is a shuffling of "salary" part of education budget. It was channelled thru "District" budget but now has been moved to "Provincial-Education". That resulted in drastic increase in numbers to 66 Bn.

See page-4 onwards:
http://www.financekpp.gov.pk/FD/attachments/article/236/White Papers 2013-14.pdf

Punjab budget claims that if their "District" part for education is counted in then their Education allocation is around 230 Bn...

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/13342391/img/Anonymous/PunjabEducation-2013-14.jpg

Can anybody further explain this?....

http://tribune.com.pk/story/564564/...khtunkhwa-budget-pti-lays-out-a-strong-start/

"The Rs.102 billion that Peshawar will be spending on education is substantially higher than last year, though the increase appears especially exaggerated due to an accounting change brought about by the new administration. Salaries of public school teachers were previously counted as part of the “general public service” budget and have now been counted as part of the education budget"

I voted for PTI but ended up having PML-N in Lahore.... now those people who voted for PML-N are protesting and bitching about the budget they passed.

Guys one thing to be noted is that there is a shuffling of "salary" part of education budget. It was channelled thru "District" budget but now has been moved to "Provincial-Education". That resulted in drastic increase in numbers to 66 Bn.

See page-4 onwards:
http://www.financekpp.gov.pk/FD/attachments/article/236/White Papers 2013-14.pdf

Punjab budget claims that if their "District" part for education is counted in then their Education allocation is around 230 Bn...

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/13342391/img/Anonymous/PunjabEducation-2013-14.jpg

Can anybody further explain this? Looks like Punjab govt too has allocated a huge amount (230 B) for education which is commendable as well.

Can anybody further explain this? Looks like Punjab govt too has allocated a huge amount (230 B) for education which is commendable as well.

i just checked Punjab Govt hav allocated 210 Billion for Education
even sindh govt hav allocated 110 billion for education dont know wht so special abt PTI in KP?

even sindh govt hav allocated 110 billion for education dont know wht so special abt PTI in KP?

The special thing about this budget of KPK is that the increase in education budget is about 60 Billion. ANP govt was spending less than 6 billion on education.

1- The exponential increase compared to last year.

2- You have to keep in population. Punjab has 54% of the country's population, Sindh comes second and then KPK.

Population of Punjab was approx 7 times greater than KPK in 1998 census. I couldn't find any recent figures, no census done since 1998. But I reckon that the ratio would be similar still. So if you divide the budget of Punjab and KPK to their respective populations, KPK has more money allocated per person than Punjab. Even if the population of Punjab is 5 times greater than KPK, KPK budget is greater per person than Punjab.
@Leader, @Rafael, @hasnain0099, could you folks find some up to date population figures by province?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir first check out the population of Sindh and Punjab and KPK than please comment Sir

I am really glad to see PTI keep its promise about its Education emergency. God speed! :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom