What's new

Naya KPK | News & Updates on the development in KPK.

Agreed with you ..I worked there for two years after operation.

who can know better than you, my short trip may have led to wrong observation, but I sure speak what I felt by interacting with the local people..

Guys please dont ruin the thread. anybody who has problem with army being in the swat please open new thread.

Guys please dont ruin the thread. anybody who has problem with army being in the swat please open new thread.

As the saying goes; no one touches or challenges the holy-cow.

@nuclearpak

Here's a confirmation.

A confirmation on a forum...while 10 of my long term friends from various parts of Swat district (3 from near Mingora) tell me the exact opposite...I know who i'll believe!

Anyways, let's leave this topic.

(wish this could be digital like E-governance system)

My uncle made a system that you wish for, it was implemented on a trial basis in a school in Islamabad...but the costs associated were a bit high.

That system could track a student's moving within or near the school, and whenever the student would go outside the school's premises, the parents and a teacher would get a SMS, or a buzz on a buzzer in a alternative case.

Last edited by a moderator:
visit now....

Govt can and army can too, and they do take in the name of defence/security without paying any or any reasonable amount at all.. Murree was never a resort or a place occupied by locals, it was built by the British to carry affairs of the govt, so it was established long ago, and not on people's property..

there is road from Skaisar that connects to the road from chakwal to mianwali. its an abandon road because the route is blocked by PAF base over Skaisar. this road is hardly 6 feet wide and passes through beautiful landscape, hollah now its barred by the security forces as land occupied by the military.

I can give you many more examples, where military simply occupies in the name of security/defence (Iam forgetting the exact name of the law) and they are not answerable to anyone , not even in SC for that.

p.s apni army awane nahi land mafia mashoor...

This holds true for ALL the institutions in the country, civil and military, private and public.

Ministry of Defense in Rawalpindi has blocked off the whole road (there was a court case going on, don't know what happened to that)...Presidency, PM house...the banks, the ISI HQ in Isl (although in their case, the ISI payed for a new alternative road to be made, and it was made)...all of them, not only the Army. This has turned into a culture in Pakistan, blocking off whole roads and erecting 10 feet high barriers.

If anybody has got a problem with security, then just move out of the populated area instead of blocking a road.

So let's make a list of the things Khattak has done in these few days.

1- Meeting with food department officials.
2- Visit to hospitals and such places.
3- Directing IG Police to visit all the Districts of KPK and overview the pickets and nakas and make them streamlined.
4- Ordering a revamp of the traffic system within Peshawar.
5- Issuing one billion Rs for a power project (although only one source is reporting it).
6- No use of protocol and such stuff.

Feel free to add.

A confirmation on a forum...while 10 of my long term friends from various parts of Swat district (3 from near Mingora) tell me the exact opposite...I know who i'll believe!

Anyways, let's leave this topic.

My uncle made a system that you wish for, it was implemented on a trial basis in a school in Islamabad...but the costs associated were a bit high.

That system could track a student's moving within or near the school, and whenever the student would go outside the school's premises, the parents and a teacher would get a SMS, or a buzz on a buzzer in a alternative case.

thats a pretty witty system. but you have to tag children's arm or bags, otherwise it wont work..

This holds true for ALL the institutions in the country, civil and military, private and public.

Ministry of Defense in Rawalpindi has blocked off the whole road (there was a court case going on, don't know what happened to that)...Presidency, PM house...the banks, the ISI HQ in Isl (although in their case, the ISI payed for a new alternative road to be made, and it was made)...all of them, not only the Army. This has turned into a culture in Pakistan, blocking off whole roads and erecting 10 feet high barriers.

If anybody has got a problem with security, then just move out of the populated area instead of blocking a road.

only federal govt or Military can occupy private lands with or without permission, army without giving any date...
govt in the name of development schemes, but army in the name of security/defence.. the one unique case of Bahria Lahore judgement is an exception, without setting it as precedence as per SC judgement. so no, you are wrong here too.

All the blockage of roads in the name of security are illegal too, but thats different from occupying private land of the locals in the name of security/defence.

oh by the way you seem offended by the barricades, imagine if your land is occupied by Army, sole earning land...

LinkClick.aspx

only federal govt or Military can occupy private lands with or without permission, army without giving any date...
govt in the name of development schemes, but army in the name of security/defence.. the one unique case of Bahria Lahore judgement is an exception, without setting it as precedence as per SC judgement. so no, you are wrong here too.

All the blockage of roads in the name of security are illegal too, but thats different from occupying private land of the locals in the name of security/defence.

oh by the way you seem offended by the barricades, imagine if your land is occupied by Army, sole earning land...

Bring in some evidences that the Army occupies land and does not reimburse the tenants accordingly. Hollow statements won't work.

And as I said before, all below the sun do it, judiciary, executive, legislature...private companies (even the banks and factories!).

Do you want me to make a separate thread for it since we are going off topic. Either let's leave this issue or make a new thread. What do you say? I say let's leave it.

PTI moves resolution against drones in KPK assembly.

I was seeing a news clip on GEO, and reportedly the differences between PTI and JI still exist on Education ministry. The PTI provincial setup promised JI the ministries of Zakat, Education and Finance...but the central office of the party and CEC declined giving Education ministry to JI...they want the education ministry to remain with PTI so that they can implement their own reforms.

It seems the provincial setup made a hasty decision...shouldn't have promised JI an education ministry, need to keep it with themselves so that the PTI vision can be directly implemented.

As I said before, Education, Health, Infrastructure, Public works, Interior etc should be with PTI.

Bring in some evidences that the Army occupies land and does not reimburse the tenants accordingly. Hollow statements won't work.

And as I said before, all below the sun do it, judiciary, executive, legislature...private companies (even the banks and factories!).

Do you want me to make a separate thread for it since we are going off topic. Either let's leave this issue or make a new thread. What do you say? I say let's leave it.

Not only Army occupies, but believe it or not also influences the nearby areas, I have already quoted the example above about the land along side the road from skaisar to chakwal-mianwali road,

here is another, if you have been to Skaisar from Sarghdha side, there is a lake called uchali lake, it was planned by DCO and Sumera Malik to turn into a resort, as soon as the PAF came to know, they sent the message to DCO to drop the idea, saying we have security concerns, and thats all what they said... who the fucckk are they?

3508093-UcchaliKhabiki_and_jahalar_lake-Chakwal.jpg

atleast this is how far the lake is. and nothing to do with the PAF base by far..

here is another, if you have been to Skaisar from Sarghdha side, there is a lake called uchali lake, it was planned by DCO and Sumera Malik to turn into a resort, as soon as the PAF came to know, they sent the message to DCO to drop the idea, saying we have security concerns, and thats all what they say...

3508093-UcchaliKhabiki_and_jahalar_lake-Chakwal.jpg

atleast this is how far the lake is. and nothing to do with the PAF base by far..

No I haven't been there.

Any links to your story?

And you can see some logic in the security thing. A resort there would mean that the population would increase there and terrorists could have a safe route in the place. Isn't this what we all clamor about, the location of military installations near population? Mangla View Resort also suffered some problems due to this, but the Corp Commander and GOC were getting some benefits through this so they let that go.

I'll try and hopefully get some more info on this in a couple of days.

We are now going waaay off topic, bye bye on this topic.

I was seeing a news clip on GEO, and reportedly the differences between PTI and JI still exist on Education ministry. The PTI provincial setup promised JI the ministries of Zakat, Education and Finance...but the central office of the party and CEC declined giving Education ministry to JI...they want the education ministry to remain with PTI so that they can implement their own reforms.

It seems the provincial setup made a hasty decision...shouldn't have promised JI an education ministry, need to keep it with themselves so that the PTI vision can be directly implemented.

As I said before, Education, Health, Infrastructure, Public works, Interior etc should be with PTI.

Absolutely, giving JI education ministry is like giving the future of KPK to extremism... not acceptable at any cost.

No I haven't been there.

Any links to your story?

I'll try and hopefully get some more info on this in a couple of days.

No,no link or anything, but its what I know for a fact, told by some officer on Skaiser..

waise you talk like as if you dont know how things work in Pakistan, be it patwari or military, both are sons of same mother.

oye bythe way do visit Skaiser PAF base, if you have any reference. its a beautiful place... you will surely enjoy.

p.s. on one end you establishment cantonments inside towns & occupy people's land, on other you raise issue of security concern when the lake is no less than 30 km away from the PAF base?

Back
Top Bottom