What's new

Naya KPK | News & Updates on the development in KPK.

1497693_553057058121624_1252177760_n.jpg

New provincial ordinance to help improve governance, PTI claims

Unveiling a new Right to Public Services Ordinance here on Thursday, Imran Khan claimed that once in effect the new law will help improve governance in the province. But other speaking at the ceremony urged the PTI-led coalition government to focus on improving services delivery within the existing legal framework first and questioned the potential efficacy of the new ordinance.

The ordinance renders government officers failing to provide public services to people liable to action under a legal framework which introduces a system of check and balance in the province. A three-member independent commission, ‘right to public services commission’, consisting of a chief commissioner and two members will be formed and it will serve as an appellate forum. It will be empowered to impose fine on guilty officers. “It (the new law) will change everything,” claimed Imran Khan and quoted the example of “Nitish Kumar (Indian politician) who has managed to turn around his Bihar state (by introducing a similar law)”.

Zafar Ali Shah, the secretary of provincial administration department, explained salient features of the ordinance, including the role of the appellate authorities, fines varying from Rs500 to Rs50,000, anticipated improvements in governance, and steps to be taken by the government to implement it.

Rustam Shah Mohmand, former chief secretary of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, praised the efforts being made by the government to improve the governance, but said that there were areas which required quick action.

He said that “90 per cent schools in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa lack water, 80 per cent don’t have toilets. This requires urgent action, rather than reforms”, he said.

His remarks attracted a quick response from Chief Minister Pervez Khattak and Mr Khan who appreciated Mr Mohmand’s remarks and said the new ordinance would bring about real change in the province.

“I am an idealist,” said Mr Khan. Not a single realist in history has achieved success,” he added. Expressing optimism about changing things in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa through good governance, a corruption-free administration and culture of accountability, the PTI chief recounted the success he had achieved because of his idealism first in his cricketing career and later as a philanthropist.

New provincial ordinance to help improve governance, PTI claims - DAWN.COM

Guys any progress on computerized land record system?

Not that I know, but as I last heard, the KP govt is looking to computerize 12 departments as an initiative. not sure where we stand on the implementation part.

1833.gif

Conditional aid will not be accepted (Unconditional-which is the usual case for development aid even by the USAID- will be accepted) :P

1528482_742471159113905_425266598_n.jpg

Education minister KP on Tanga !

@hasnain0099

Hasnain bhai please provide sources for Urdu press if you can. I can create an exact same style touting about an alien invasion in 15 minutes.

Thanks.

I heard this news too, he said we wont accept strings with AID.

there is nothing wrong with cooperation and cordial relationship as long as its without strings and not against our national interest.

@hasnain0099

Hasnain bhai please provide sources for Urdu press if you can. I can create an exact same style touting about an alien invasion in 15 minutes.

Thanks.

@Aeronaut, I think hasnain's post should be removed if he doesn't provide link and information of the new paper. Because I have come across information noon league's personal new paper is spreading false information about PTI on daily basis [that confirmed information is available on popular siasat website].

You guys need to be very strict regarding source of the news posted and hasnain is cropping it he is not posting the new paper's name because it clearly belongs to noon league.

Back
Top Bottom