What's new

Nawaz will go to IMF - Imran will collect taxes: Choice is yours

^^ Pakistan is highest taxed country in the world.
On top of tax we pay unknown surcharges... and no one in Pakistan knows who pocket surcharge money.

Actually, taxes in Pakistan needs to be brought down to rational level like any other developed country.

Imran Khan is IMF horse.. who him self has never paid tax but he himself is a very very rich man.

Pakistani tax to GDP raito is 9%, how the fcuk is that highest in the world?
Even Hong Kong, which has a really liberal tax system has 18% flat tax.

And it is estimated that only 1-2% of Pakistanis pay income tax.
All these "surcharges" would not be needed if people paid their taxes.

This guy is such a clown.
100 banks for youth?
Looks like the laptops did not work so he is desperate for new gimmicks.

PS. Taking a loan to create a business is worthless unless the government of Pakistan provides security, law, and level playing field, so lets see how far a youth gets when they try and open a steel mill ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistani tax to GDP raito is 9%, how the fcuk is that highest in the world?
Even Hong Kong, which has a really liberal tax system has 18% flat tax.

And it is estimated that only 1-2% of Pakistanis pay income tax.
All these "surcharges" would not be needed if people paid their taxes.

Pakistan tax to GDP ratio does not tell any thing... about the tax level.
OK you tell .. how much tax a pakistani pays? or let say any one on this forum or in Pakistan tell me how much collective tax a pakistani pay? and what are the types of taxes? and if you do not know the answers than don't fcuk around for nothing!

I'm not even discussing about the surcharges, yet!

OK you tell .. how much tax a pakistani pays? or let say any one on this forum or in Pakistan tell me how much collective tax a pakistani pay? and what are the types of taxes? and if you do not know the answers than don't fcuk around for nothing!

Why doesn't it tell anything?
Everyone is saying tax to GDP is 9% and even in India is 18%
So obviously there is something wrong there.

What do I look like? An accountant?
Most people have no idea how to deal with the tax code, that's why they have accountants.
If you are too stupid to understand this then I don't know what to tell you.
The fact still remains, most Pakistanis don't pay tax, the World bank says this, even Hilary Clinton has said this.

Now I don't know what kind of retard tax you are paying, but that is the honest truth that everyone (except you) already knows.

Why USA and India is supporting Nawaz Sharif?

8724214023_b0af5f0851_b.jpg

Good questions.

Tax collected in rupees is worthless.
Tax collected in international currency has the real value.

Pak government can collect 100000 billion rupees. It means nothing. What will you do with those rupees? pay salaries to the baboos and clerks.

All this fat tax will not help us fix the budget deficit in dollars (or Euros or British pounds).

Meaning, the loan/interest payment is not done in rupees. It is done in dollars.

Imports from petrol to tea is not paid using rupees. We need dollars.
To pay for the Thermal power generations, we cannot use rupees. We need dollars.

Defense equipment is not paid in rupees, we need dollars

IMF money comes in dollars to pay for the dollar purchases.

IMF money is not used to pay the rupee salaries to the teachers.

so please get out of this $hitty discussion that more taxation means Pakistani economy will be better and we can have 24 hours electricity.

Higher tax collection only has value in USA/ EU/ UK where the tax is collected in major currencies that their government can use to buy stuff from overseas.

I hope you all are educated enough to understand this aspect.

peace

Based on what?
Nawaz has been in power for nearly 30 years and he has not been able to do squat.
Pakistan pays some of the lowest Tax to GDP rate and that is thanks to Nawaz and his buddy Zardari.

Imran Khan's plan to raise taxes is much more sustainable and palatable for the people of Pakistan since they will not be borrowing money.

Incorrect, he is not raising taxes, he just simply collected Taxes since hardly anyone pay tax in Pakistan. Even if they pay, they don't pay the right amount. System will be their to put people in the Tax bracket based on their annual income. As far as I know, NO new taxes...

Incorrect, he is not raising taxes, he just simply collected Taxes since hardly anyone pay tax in Pakistan. Even if they pay, they don't pay the right amount. System will be their to put people in the Tax bracket based on their annual income. As far as I know, NO new taxes...

This is a myth.

In Pakistan we pay two kinds of taxes and through our noses. direct income tax and indirect taxes on every thing from food to fuel, electricity, and gas.

Income taxes are paid by every member of the salaried class. CBR will hang your employer upside down if he doesn't withhold your taxes.

Agri sector pays 5 different kinds of taxes.

However you could put more taxes on agri sector, but then you have to subsidize even more to keep the prices under control.

the problem (if you want to make one) is with the non-salaried mom and pop operations.

But then how are you going to assess taxes on mom-and-pop tiny shops?

this leaves bigger stores markets and jewelry shops.

Now tell me how much more you can collect from them on top of what they are paying already.

No hand waving please.

peace

Increasing Tax base is a very difficult and complex task. Even though only 2% ( as claimed by some ) pay taxes, will the rest 98% be very happy to dole out money to Govt. in such $hitty situation..? and on top of that is it really feasible to increase tax base 8 times in just five years. And who guarantees that the people who now have to pay tax will not overwhelmingly vote against the Party which forced them to pay tax. Any person who has an eye for democratic process will tell that a 2% difference in vote share is more than enough to put a party in opposition.
And what about those five years..? Popularism is a good thing but reality strikes really hard once the oath is taken. I hope Imran khan has a group of shrewd economists and dry honest and dedicated bureaucrats to do the task for him.

Increasing Tax base is a very difficult and complex task. Even though only 2% ( as claimed by some ) pay taxes, will the rest 98% be very happy to dole out money to Govt. in such $hitty situation..? and on top of that is it really feasible to increase tax base 8 times in just five years. And who guarantees that the people who now have to pay tax will not overwhelmingly vote against the Party which forced them to pay tax. Any person who has an eye for democratic process will tell that a 2% difference in vote share is more than enough to put a party in opposition.
And what about those five years..? Popularism is a good thing but reality strikes really hard once the oath is taken. I hope Imran khan has a group of shrewd economists and dry honest and dedicated bureaucrats to do the task for him.

Please note,

Pak government can collect 2 trillion rupees worth of taxes. It is just a big $hitty pile of scraps.

Our issues is not that we do not have enough rupees. If we need we can print more.

the problem is that we do not have enough dollars to pay for all that we want to buy from overseas.

Remember!

Rupee tax is just means to throttle and disrupt flow of money in the sector where you tax.

Examples:

-- You want people to use less electricity, put a rupee tax on it.
-- You want people to eat less at restaurant. Put a big sales tax on restaurants.
-- You want people to use less petrol, put a rupee tax on it.

and the list goes on.

rupee tax just increases inflation and stops flow of funds in the activity that is taxed.

Sometimes you have to think out of the Euro-box dear. Some times out of the box.

peace

You have gone nuts... tax is collected every time you step out of your house, cook bread and drink water!
Only thing which is not taxed so far is air and Asif Ali Zardari had a plan to tax it but due to the risk of making Pakistan a tax fame this idea was dropped out.

Pakistan is not a banana state... every income is taxed until you belong to political party. This is why we have so many political parties.

Your savings are taxed your investments are taxed.

Pakistan is the only country where you are taxed even if you don't earn money... actually overseas Pakistanis are taxed most for their investments.

Please, also cut the crap of charging tax in foreign currency... it is indian idea who are desperately trying to get more out of Pakistani tax collections.

Pakistanis spend billions of dollars to sustain indian transit through its air and land, that is all paid to IMF in USD.

Tax to GDP means that how much of the economic resources are documented and under policy control of the government and how much of the economy is un-taxed and black. The higher the Tax/GDP, the more documented the economy is. And you guys all blame IMF but it was IMF which pushed Pakistan government for documentation of economy -which is a shame- a flat tax as proposed by imran would be regressive one. First on the agenda for every government should be to document the economy. Once they do that, they can better understand the behavior of economy and then and only then a proper tax policy can be put in place. But the biggest opposition to this is the business community which has escaped it twice successfully (once in musharraf era and once in PPP era). Its a real hard nut to crack along with agricultural reforms.

right, but he could not stay in power without landlords cooperation.
He even created Q league, which was full of these people.

He could have kept power without anyones support except the army.....the Q league was nothing more then a fake cloak of legitimacy.

Back
Top Bottom