What's new

Nawaz wants to regulate army’s role in policy making

NS should do more and talk less. First appoint a COAS who takes your order... :P

wasn't this the sole purpose of keeping Defence & Foreign portfolio to himself, so as to take credit for strategies, like Sartaj Aziz going to afghanistan and now this CT/AT drama

One step at a time. With our nascent democracy. it is best if the civilians leave foreign and defense policy to the professionals and concentrate on getting the economy going again. Improving governance should come next. Once those basics are settled, then they can think of these areas, may be in 20-25 years or so, if they work well.

NS isn't taking full control neither he should i believe (or hope). What he is trying to do is improve working relation between the several intelligence services for better results, by sharing intelligence amongst each other they might be able to deal with the present situation of terrorism within our country.

And no one single handedly can make decisions over matters of national interest, all the stake holders have there role and say in it. What NS is trying is to take his share too, as which in the past has only been under the authority of army.

NS isn't taking full control neither he should i believe (or hope). What he is trying to do is improve working relation between the several intelligence services for better results, by sharing intelligence amongst each other they might be able to deal with the present situation of terrorism within our country.

And no one single handedly can make decisions over matters of national interest, all the stake holders have there role and say in it. What NS is trying is to take his share too, as which in the past has only been under the authority of army.

I agree with what you have said above, except the last sentence. The Army's share in foreign and defense policy is 100%. There is no share for NS to take unless the Army agrees to give him a token role. The working relationship is only one way traffic from the GHQ and that is not going to change any time soon. The decisions are not made single handedly, but all the Corps Commanders together with the COAS. That is the reality of the situation.

Back
Top Bottom