What's new

Nawaz spent Rs60m on medical treatment from national exchequer, NA told

That is the correct way if there is to be real change.

For ministers and top bureaucrats if I understand it correctly, not for the PM.

He said no more overseas medical trips. So i presume it includes himself. But if we take out the list of ministers and parliamentarians going abroad on medical trips, i am sure the expense incurred would be quite shocking.

He said no more overseas medical trips. So i presume it includes himself. But if we take out the list of ministers and parliamentarians going abroad on medical trips, i am sure the expense incurred would be quite shocking.

As long as the existing law governing the PM's emoluments is unchanged, that assumption is incorrect.

All PM’s expenses borne by family itself: Maryam

May 29, 2016

Samaa Digital

https://www.samaa.tv/news/2016/05/all-pms-expenses-borne-by-family-itself-maryam/

47580017_1191276357705902_1534258894765817856_n.png

Last edited:
Last Updated On 10 December,2018 09:49 pm
469673_53255245.jpg

Rs30.45 million were spent on the VIP flight on July 9, 2016.

ISLAMABAD (Dunya News) – A total of Rs60 million were spent from the national exchequer on the medical treatment of former prime minister and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) supremo Nawaz Sharif.

Ministry of foreign affairs informed the National Assembly session in written that the former prime minister travelled to Britain on special airplane on May 22, 2016 and the special aircraft returned to Pakistan on May 29, 2016 due the medical treatment of Nawaz Sharif.

The written reply further said that after medical treatment a special aircraft was again sent to London on July 9, 2016 and the PML-N supremo was taken back to Pakistan on the same plane.

A total US$56,657 had been spent on the plane.

The expense details stated that during the ex-PM’s stay in Britain, US$27,927 were spent, while more than Rs30.45 million were spent on the VIP flight on July 9, 2016.

https://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/46...-medical-treatment-national-exchequer-NA-told
See @Oscar Sir he is clearly doing politics preferences always post daily basis against PMLN but not a single line for Aazam Swati or PTI, Aleema Khan, Zulfi etc etc....

Excess use/ misuse/ lack of restrain/ lack of planning/ when using the national exchequer = corruption? :enjoy:
Same applies to idiot e aala Imran Khan.....:enjoy:

As long as the existing law governing the PM's emoluments is unchanged, that assumption is incorrect.

Lets forget about my assumption and focus on the lack of morality of the dishonest and dishonored ex PM. So this is the cost of just one trip, do you know how many private trips he has made to London and all at the expense of the Pakistani nation?

Lets forget about my assumption and focus on the lack of morality of the dishonest and dishonored ex PM. So this is the cost of just one trip, do you know how many private trips he has made to London and all at the expense of the Pakistani nation?

The previous PM was indeed dishonest. Will the current PM be any different remains to be seen, specially if the law is unchanged. Claiming morality selectively is meaningless without the law to back it up.

The law and due process must be the same for all if Pakistan is to change in any meaningful way.

That is the correct way if there is to be real change. Laws must be applied equally to all, but Pakistanis on PDF and off, seem to have an innate problem with doing this fairly. :D

Agreed, laws must be applied equally to all.

So he acted within those provisions?

Apparently... However, more than half of that amount (i.e. over 30.5 million Rs.) was spent on the VIP flight. A clear case of "Israaf" and "Ikhtiaarat ka Najaiz Istimal" that could be regarded as PM overstepping his authority. That however is for the courts to decide (in case someone takes this matter to the court).

There should be retirement age for politicians.
I propose 65.

Agreed, laws must be applied equally to all.

Apparently... However, more than half of that amount (i.e. over 30.5 million Rs.) was spent on the VIP flight. A clear case of "Israaf" and "Ikhtiaarat ka Najaiz Istimal" that could be regarded as PM overstepping his authority. That however is for the courts to decide (in case someone takes this matter to the court).

Let due process be followed without pre-judgement, and let any punishment be declared only if found guilty of violating relevant laws.

Thats the goal mate. Inshallah

InshaAllah indeed.

There is nothing wrong with medical visits to UK when he can get better medical treatment there. Whats wrong with that?

If you pay the bill instead of all other Pakistani taxpayers I am okay with it.

Spot on instead of wasting unnecessary tax payers money to go abroad for medical visits, If Godfather had built a world class hospital in the first place, there was no need for any elites to go abroad, but I guess they need to go abroad to find excuses.

The obscene amounts boggle the mind. A nation that is drowning in debt and where people barely survive has a fat nasty PM that visits some of the best hospitals abroad. This man puts Hosni Mubarak to shame and that takes some doing. Even more obscene is the fact that we have people here that approve such actions at the expense of taxpayers. Incredible. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why Pakistan has bled for so long at the hands of illiterate crooks.

Last Updated On 10 December,2018 09:49 pm
469673_53255245.jpg

Rs30.45 million were spent on the VIP flight on July 9, 2016.

ISLAMABAD (Dunya News) – A total of Rs60 million were spent from the national exchequer on the medical treatment of former prime minister and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) supremo Nawaz Sharif.

Ministry of foreign affairs informed the National Assembly session in written that the former prime minister travelled to Britain on special airplane on May 22, 2016 and the special aircraft returned to Pakistan on May 29, 2016 due the medical treatment of Nawaz Sharif.

The written reply further said that after medical treatment a special aircraft was again sent to London on July 9, 2016 and the PML-N supremo was taken back to Pakistan on the same plane.

A total US$56,657 had been spent on the plane.

The expense details stated that during the ex-PM’s stay in Britain, US$27,927 were spent, while more than Rs30.45 million were spent on the VIP flight on July 9, 2016.

https://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/46...-medical-treatment-national-exchequer-NA-told
WHy not go to India? Excellent food and much better care as well.

I dont understand dont you have good hospitals that he goes overseas?

Rules were broken? How can that claim be proven if the rules allow for such treatments for serving PMs? The solution is to change the rules. Where is the process to do that underway with PMIK?
Yes, he abused his powers .... much better treatments are available in the country as well both in govt and private hospitals..Shifa, PIMS, AFIC, CMH etc have great doctors and all the facilities required to carry out the operations and PM should be the last person to be allowed for a treatment abroad. Did he get approval from a medical board to travel abroad? and the answer is NO.

He could have gotten better treatment in Pakistan had he improved the medical facilities of Pakistan instead of wasting the money on flying himself to UK!

When in jail here, he used the same "not so good facilities" to get treatment here in Pakistan, right? SO why didnt he while he was PM? Why fly to UK then?

Why didnt he improve the facilities for us and himself?
Situation is not that bad in Pakistan... especially if you're rich or powerful. PM can afford a team of dedicated doctors visiting him PM house which is already the most luxurious house in Pakistan so it can easily house a small hospital and if Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah...who was one of the richest lawyers of subcontinent..did not leave Pakistan even during his terminal illness when Pakistan really lacked good medical facilities but he preferred to stay in Pakistan and die instead of going to England for his treatment. Furthermore, NS has a usual heart disease for which good facilities are available both in public and private hospitals in Pakistan.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom