What's new

Nawaz Sharif holding British passport?

'Entitled categories' is a bit of a vague category don't you think?

Do the 'entitled categories' also include the 2000 passports that Rehman Malik and Sherry Rehman issued in exchange for some favors?

I wouldn't be surprised if Malik Riaz also comes under 'entitled categories'!

Some rules are designed to give discretionary powers to the bureaucracy on purpose, to be used as desired. It is all legal of course.

DIPLOMATIC passport is red!

but sad thing is he is not flying PIA!

@Leader i think that its dubai airport terminal 3 in the background !!!! and to add on the pic does not seem edited it looks very natural, good find though :tup:
@Awesome and @nuclearpak can u help me with the background (i think its t3)

It's 100% no shred of doubt. The pillars and tiles are unique.

A few questions:

1- If he has a diplomatic passport, then how come he has an Emirates ticket at DXB?

His last term in office was in 1999, so from 1999 to 2013, he still had a diplomatic passport? As I understand, once you get out of office, the passport gets cancelled.

Ever since he became PM, he has only traveled abroad once to China, so how can he be at DXB on diplomatic passport?

And PM's don't travel on Emirates flights.

So thread opened. No cheap remarks please, come up with factual arguments.

My friend once saw him at DM, so what's wrong at being in Emirates?

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend once saw him at DM, so what's wrong at being in Emirates?

A Prime Minister shouldn't be travelling and doesn't travel on Emirates. In his personal capacity before being elected, that's fine by me.

A Prime Minister shouldn't be travelling and doesn't travel on Emirates. In his personal capacity before being elected, that's fine by me.

He has only traveled to China so far as PM remember? Last time he was PM Terminal 3 and DM didn't even exist :P

There is nothing fishy about it Sir. Those passports have been issued according to the relevant rules.

who are given diplomatic passports are foreigners, it should be the blue official passport, no?

Our rules grant our PM a red passport, as well as his cabinet.

never heard of it. can you find relevant rule ?

who are given diplomatic passports are foreigners, it should be the blue official passport, no?

never heard of it. can you find relevant rule ?

The relevant rule is Para-45 of Passport & Visa Manual, 2006, but it is not made public. All I can tell you is that many people can be given diplomatic passports if competent authority considers that person to be acting as an representative of the nation for a purpose deemed to be important.

"Diplomatic passports are issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Pakistan; to the Diplomats and other entitled categories in pursuance of Para-45 of Passport & Visa Manual, 2006".

There are other "entitled categories" in addition to diplomats who can be issued red diplomatic passports.

Three categories of diplomats, and then comes their servants, families, relatives living with them. I think entitled categories is for them.

simply if you focus on the word diplomatic passport, it clearly suggests that what it is for, and for whom it is for.

The relevant rule is Para-45 of Passport & Visa Manual, 2006, but it is not made public. All I can tell you is that many people can be given diplomatic passports if competent authority considers that person to be acting as an representative of the nation for a purpose deemed to be important.

make me understand, why a PM would need to be on a foreign OFFICIAL tour on a diplomatic passport?

Three categories of diplomats, and then comes their servants, families, relatives living with them. I think entitled categories is for them.

simply if you focus on the word diplomatic passport, it clearly suggests that what it is for, and for whom it is for.

make me understand, why a PM would need to be on a foreign OFFICIAL tour on a diplomatic passport?

Sir jee, may be you have heard about that joke that ends with this line: "sher jungle ka badshah hota hey, dil karey bacha dey, dil karey anda dey".

Our higher functionaries enjoy many discretionary powers, by law. It is a wonderful system for those who are privy to it.

Sir jee, may be you have heard about that joke that ends with this line: "sher jungle ka badshah hota hey, dil karey bacha dey, dil karey anda dey".

Our higher functionaries enjoy many discretionary powers, by law. It is a wonderful system for those who are privy to it.

yar that is true, but he is Prime minister and on OFFICIAL tour to china, phir kyon diplomatic passport chahiye isko? if suleman shahbaz is holding it, fair enough that he needs this privilege, lakin why premier?

yar that is true, but he is Prime minister and on OFFICIAL tour to china, phir kyon diplomatic passport chahiye isko? if suleman shahbaz is holding it, fair enough that he needs this privilege, lakin why premier?

Government functionaries can travel on their business on diplomatic passports or official passports. It depends on whether we want our person to be accorded diplomatic privileges in the host country or not, such as separate channels, no baggage search or limits etc. Official passport holders must go through regular channels.

Let me ask you an interesting question: What person travels without a passport and yet is accorded all privileges?

Back
Top Bottom