What's new

Nawaz Sharif approves lifting of ban on underage marriage

earlier......16 years was the minimum age for a girl to marry in Pak
underage means below 16 i guess........
could be 10,12,14
i doubt it would be 10 or 12 ..Islam forbid marriage before you reach the age of puberty( when you are child)

Why do our politicians behave like morons (remind me of Rajiv Gandh and Shabano case).

Somebody banned it in Pakistan and..... must be such a progressive and bold step and this ediot undid the good work....

Underage marriage harms the girls and future generations as the girl is less educated and wise......it also leads to population explosion .....let the girls enjoy parents company before they are burden with all the big responsibility..
Politicians behave like this because they have the tacit support of a substantial portion of the vocal population.
As for the Shah Bano case, few Indians had the guts to speak out because the name was Shah Bano. People chicken out when something has anything to do with 'Islam'.
:(

i doubt it would be 10 or 12 ..Islam forbid marriage before you reach the age of puberty when you are chlid
is there a law in Pak where marriages took place earlier but the girl goes to her sasural(husbands home) when she reaches puberty...............i have seen some of this problems in our country,hence asking

i hope its not 10,12..................
we are still facing this kind of problems here and we know what impact it can have...........

is there a law in Pak where marriages took place earlier but the girl goes to her sasural(husbands home) when she reaches puberty...............i have seen some of this problems in our country,hence asking

i hope its not 10,12..................
we are still facing this kind of problems here and we know what impact it can have...........

I never heard about any such laws or practices . All i know is Islamic law makes it clear that sex before puberty is illegal and prohibited. The different countries that use Islamic law for marriage often set an age limit to ensure a chance for education and maturity. Traditions vary even within a single country. If the girl has gone through puberty it is no longer pedophilia since pedophilia is defined as "sexual attraction to prepubescent (pre-puberty) children"

What's "under age"???
How do law makers decide one age for ALL cultural segments???

Well versed members of that segment of society. One country can have variety of circumstances. One "age" decided by central government does NOT fit ALL.

Puberty must be the ultimate criteria. Other factors like "maturity", financial status requirements should be left for elders of family\community to decide.
If following could be of any help in understanding human nature:
Rate of pregnancies in 14 year old and younger in USA.

Under age ? Its not determined by culture ,human body and mind develops at a specific rate and time,science has explained it in detail.

Muhammad married 6 year old child. Minimum age of marriage should be 6 but he should avoid sex untill she become 9 year old.

Men will remain men :disagree:
whats wrong......
in parallel universe.....may be woman are enjoying 5 men at a time....:D:D

Dear brother , you can marry a two years old girl and fulfil your lust (but without penetrating), as per fatwas of some of greatest Islamic scholars . Why all this cry when Mullahs have pointed out obvious truth ??

do u remember something I have told u lately.....

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom