What's new

Nawaz Sharif approves lifting of ban on underage marriage

Young girls will react like this:

OMG.png

Boy will get married early
5-stress.jpg

PM Nawaz gives approval for removal of laws banning underage marriage, second marriage with wife’s permission

ISLAMABAD: A couple of days after the Council of Islamic Ideology (CII) ruled against Pakistani law prohibiting marriage of underage children and the law regarding second marriage of a man with the permission of his first wife, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has given his approval for the removal of these laws, Indian media reported.

On Tuesday, at the end of its two-day session, the CII ruled that there is no minimum age of marriage according to Islam, adding that Pakistani laws prohibiting marriage of underage children are un-Islamic. However, the council said, the Rukhsati (consummation of marriage) is only allowed in the case that both husband and wife have reached puberty.

A day before the CII chairman Maulana Muhammad Khan Sheerani told reporters after the meeting of the council in Islamabad that the laws regarding second marriage of a man in the presence of first wife were against religious principles.

The Indian media citing reports said that the Pakistani prime minister has given his approval for a legislation to declare the law against underage marriage and the law regarding the second marriage of a man in the presence of his first wife unconstitutional and against religious principles.

In addition, according to the Indian media, the decision has resulted in a huge uproar across all spheres, especially on social media.

@chak de INDIA @Dem!god @Indischer @DRAY
our neighbors just
legalized child marriages. :)

@Aeronaut
pls edit the title :(

Just a modernization process to make the laws more in tune with their society and beliefs. :coffee:

Last edited:
In the other thread i saw someone saying that Muslim men can marry even a 2 year old girl and do hanky panky with her to satisfy himself without inserting you know :undecided:
you gotta be kidding me

they are moving backwards........the liberals will be protesting for sure..............
Nawaz has gone mad :hitwall::hitwall:

frankly i was shocked at this news.

What marriage is considered under age marriage? The age of sexual consent varies from 14/15 years to 19 years worldwide. According to my knowledge a muslim/Muslimah can marry after he/she become baligh and cross the age of puberty(sexual maturity). Muslims follow Islam so they should decide what is the correct interpretation of Islam on this ruling and those who dont follow Islam should stay away from this discussion which is irrelevant to them

when underage marriage is allowed and this wife giving permission rules becomes useless...............
the 16 yr old kid or an 18 yr old kid will be giving those permissions without even know the repercussions ..........
Makes sense...
But then even if she was 25 or 40 she can be influenced and forced to "agree".

child marrages should be banned ? I dont know what Islam says but mentally and physically its hard on kids.

What marriage is considered under age marriage? The age of sexual consent varies from 14/15 years to 19 years worldwide. According to my knowledge a muslim/Muslimah can marry after he/she become baligh and cross the age of puberty(sexual maturity). Muslims follow Islam so they should decide what is the correct interpretation of Islam on this ruling and those who dont follow Islam should stay away from this discussion which is irrelevant to them
earlier......16 years was the minimum age for a girl to marry in Pak
underage means below 16 i guess........
could be 10,12,14

Pakistan does not think of education law for youths but force them to get married earily, that's absurd. Our law is very weak and always change every weeks. :(

The law about seeking first wife's permission in order to do second marriage is related to a part of Hanbali fiqh. Whereas Pakistan and the entire subcontinent follows Hanafi fiqh so this makes sense.

However the Hanafis allow women to make a condition in the marriage contract which says that whenever the husband marries another woman or buys a concubine, then the new wife will be automatically divorced and/or the concubine will be automatically freed.

In fact it need not even be stated in the marriage contract. According to the Hanafi law, if the man says (any time, even while drinking his tea or in the toilet) that any woman he marries after his first wife is divorced, then every woman he will marry besides his first wife will be automatically divorced.

I just hope the entire Quran and Sunnah is imposed, not just bits and pieces which suit men. We don't pick and choose when it comes to the deen.

As for underage marriage, then I believe every teenage boy should be married early and this will help reduce the amount of under 18 year olds committing zina. It is sunnah for young girls and boys to marry young.

And forced marriages ar haram. And marrying young girls to older men is makruh but not haram.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom